Unlocked phone for AT&T LTE?

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I currently have the note 2 n7100 and I love that it's not carrier locked (can tether natively without need of apps). Since I'm still on contract and can't "upgrade" yet, I'd like to pick up an unlocked note 3, however I notice the 9000 and 9005 (I think I got the model numbers right) do not have band 700 supported which is what AT&T uses for LTE. Is there any other way of getting an unlocked note 3 that supports LTE? Any particular recommended online vendors?

I keep stressing the unlocked part because I'm traveling out of country towards end of year and would like to be able to make calls in the other country. And of course native tethering. =)

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the note 2 n7100 and I love that it's not carrier locked (can tether natively without need of apps). Since I'm still on contract and can't "upgrade" yet, I'd like to pick up an unlocked note 3, however I notice the 9000 and 9005 (I think I got the model numbers right) do not have band 700 supported which is what AT&T uses for LTE. Is there any other way of getting an unlocked note 3 that supports LTE? Any particular recommended online vendors?

I keep stressing the unlocked part because I'm traveling out of country towards end of year and would like to be able to make calls in the other country. And of course native tethering. =)

Plus in some places att uses band 4 lte 1700 2100. So if your phone supports it u can access LTE.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Ah shame. I saw that the xperia z ultra unlocked LTE version has support for band 700 so I thought maybe the note 3 would too. Guess in this case the best bet is to just buy the AT&T version.

Which leads me to the second question, if I want to natively tether without having AT&T gouge me, do I do that via root or unlock? Or is there a preferred tethering app people like to use?

abrenajo

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I purchased an unlocked noe 3 and I use with ATT carrier. my phone connects with the 4g LTE without any problems. The rep explained that although it displays 3g on the phone, it has to do with the plan you actually have. it works and connects in super speed. :):)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What plan shows 3G? I haven't seen 3G at AT&T since the phones were 3G. My Note 3, when connected to my microcell, doesn't even show 3G..

Sent from my Awesome Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I purchased an unlocked noe 3 and I use with ATT carrier. my phone connects with the 4g LTE without any problems. The rep explained that although it displays 3g on the phone, it has to do with the plan you actually have. it works and connects in super speed. :):)

When you go to settings - About Phone - status, does it show lte?

yvavyse2.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3