AT&T early upgrade

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Darn the early upgrade fee for the N3 w/ at&t is $250 + device price $299= $549 + tax. What a ripoff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Darn the early upgrade fee for the N3 w/ at&t is $250 + device price $299= $549 + tax. What a ripoff.

For another $100 or so you can just by it outright and not be subject to the terms of a new contract. That's definitely a high price to pay.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That is what I would do, but I spent my coing on the GN3 and GG since I have a contract on other Verizon toys anyways. For once I feel as though I purchased a phone that I can be happy with for more than a few months or a year, heck even the contract terms (ok, maybe a year)

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm in a similar situation... my wife is going to let me use her full upgrade for the $299 price but she currently has an iphone plan, I guess for her visual voice mail. In order to purchase it online I have to switch her from an iphone plain to a LTE smartphone data plain- does anyone know when those changes take effect? Since she is keeping her current phone and SIM, and I would be using my current SIM, I has hoping the changes wouldn't actually take place unless the new SIM was used. I'd rather not cause her any inconvenience with having to call in.

Posted via Android Central App

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I am paying about $750 to upgrade a year early with AT&T.

Only reason I am doing it is because I have two phones I am selling to Gazelle to help bring down the costs.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd just buy the phone full price. That upgrade price isn't worth it and then you're locked in again...

Fork out the little extra cash from that and just get it outright so you aren't bound to a contract.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

inboxer

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest checking out BuyBackWorld.com to sell your older phones and tablets.
I have used both Gazelle but switched to BuyBackWorld because they pay higher prices and actually pay faster.

Only reason I am doing it is because I have two phones I am selling to Gazelle to help bring down the costs.

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Not taking my chances

Ripoff Report | Buybackworld.com Complaint Review Internet: 892356

Another scam report here...

How Much Can You Get for Your iPhone 4S Now? | iPhone 5 Trade-In Value

(See Allison says)

Oooh even more scams...

Ripoff Report | buybackworld directory of Complaints & Reviews

And just when you thought there could be no more complaints...

BuyBackWorld.com Reviews - Overall Rating 1.0/5 (Poor)

Bottom line: If it sounds too good to be true...it is. I am going to stick with Gazelle. I have dealt with them many times and they always give me what they quote.

Geikamir

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
And what they quote is usually far less then what you could get on ebay or craigslist.

Posted via Android Central App

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Normally I would just buy a device outright (no-contract price). That's what I did with the S2 Skyrocket, S3 and, and Note 2. Meanwhile my husband is the one who uses our upgrades. But, as luck has it, we have an upgrade available and I just sold my Note 2 for $400, so I won't be paying anything out of pocket this time for a phone. If you just preserve resale value of your device, you'll be able to get whatever toy you want without feeling like you were bent over with no lube.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

Just ask them if they can waive it. Did u talk to them in the store or over the phone?

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Just ask them if they can waive it. Did u talk to them in the store or over the phone?

AT&T is not waiving any early upgrade fees...... they are pushing the NEXT program for that.
A new phone every 12 months and only pay tax of the phone down makes this program worth looking into if you like a new device very year.
I'm lucky to have someone working for AT&T that gives me discounts on my monthly bill that made it worth it to me do this.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
AT&T is not waiving any early upgrade fees...... they are pushing the NEXT program for that.
A new phone every 12 months and only pay tax of the phone down makes this program worth looking into if you like a new device very year.
I'm lucky to have someone working for AT&T that gives me discounts on my monthly bill that made it worth it to me do this.

Im just saying in my experiences with att corporate store reps they wont budge on anything. If u call customer service they usually help u out. How early of an upgrade is it, like a few months left or are u done with ur two year contract?

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I pegged the full price plus tax at around $780. I have 2 smartphones I'm selling as well, and plus it's a GN3 so it will be worth it!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Im just saying in my experiences with att corporate store reps they wont budge on anything. If u call customer service they usually help u out. How early of an upgrade is it, like a few months left or are u done with ur two year contract?

It wouldn't be an early upgrade if he was done with the two year.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
It wouldn't be an early upgrade if he was done with the two year.

Att stopped there early up grades. Also they still will try to charge u an early upgrade fee after ur contact is over and are on month to month. Thats why i suggested calling customer support about it. Ppl dont give them enough credit. They can do what ever they want to get u to stay, even if its to waive all fees and all cost just to get u to sign a new contract because they dont get commission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay