Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 282
Like Tree79Likes
  1. #101  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    While I can honestly say I've never posted a comment on an Apple based forum, IMHO, a TRUE technology lover can appreciate ALL technology on ALL platforms. While Android is my preference, I can appreciate both Apple & Windows devices. And while I don't necessarily like certain Apple business practices, I can certainly say the same about Google, Samsung etc.
    Point is, the back and forth bickering between users is getting old. I mean really, you know it's getting bad when Windows makes a freaking tv commercial about it. LOL!
    Lighten up folks, it's just a phone.

    tap'n
    Thanked by 2:
  2. #102  
    pappy53's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,533 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    While I can honestly say I've never posted a comment on an Apple based forum, IMHO, a TRUE technology lover can appreciate ALL technology on ALL platforms. While Android is my preference, I can appreciate both Apple & Windows devices. And while I don't necessarily like certain Apple business practices, I can certainly say the same about Google, Samsung etc.
    Point is, the back and forth bickering between users is getting old. I mean really, you know it's getting bad when Windows makes a freaking tv commercial about it. LOL!
    Lighten up folks, it's just a phone.

    tap'n
    I agree. I like both platforms (actually,all 3). I have owned Androids since the original Droid, and will continue to own them. Each phone has it's advantages. iPhones have fluidity, basically no lag, guaranteed updates for 2-3 years, unsurpassed (as in not even close) customer service, leading edge processors, best build quality, etc. Androids have bigger screens, 1080p, customization, phone choices, etc.
    And you are correct, it's just a phone!
    CR6 likes this.
  3. #103  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    The tests that allow apple to compare are NOT cpu tests. They are browser tests which relies on many other functions of the phone and OS. The A7 GPU is a stronger than the S800 GPU. The S800 is stronger than the A7 in CPU. Stop saying that the A7 only has 2 cores and is so much better because of it. Yes, the A7 has better single thread ability just like intel has better single thread ability than AMD. But AMD just uses more higher clocked cores to try and make up for it. Same thing that S800 does. Clock faster use more power and have more cores and come out in the same ballpark. I dont care how the tech is designed. As long as the whole package is good in the end. The 5s and the N3 are both good in the end. Some things the 5s does better. Some things the N3 does better. Stop trying to say the 5s is better than the N3. In the very few cross platform tests its basically a tie. Some won by N3, some won by 5s. There is not a single test that does just the hardware on all platforms. 3dmark is focused on GPU as is basemark. Kraken, octane, sunspider are based more on the browser performance than the actual CPU. Sure, CPU plays a part, but thats not the only thing being stressed. We really need a Pi test to see the difference of CPU completely independent of other factors.
  4. #104  
    pappy53's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,533 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by power5 View Post
    The 5s and the N3 are both good in the end. Some things the 5s does better. Some things the N3 does better.
    I agree completely, which is what I said in my previous test.

    Quote Originally Posted by power5 View Post
    Stop trying to say the 5s is better than the N3.
    I don't think that I have said that. That is entirely personal opinion on anyone's part as to which phone is better. I use whatever works best for me, and at this time it is iPhone.
    But you can bet that I will have another Android, as I change phones at the drop of a hat! But it won't be a Note. They are just too big for me.
  5. #105  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    I like everything about the N3 except for the size....it's simply too large for me to use comfortably. (as a phone) That said, I never really got into the whole "phablet" scene. I do however know a few business owners that absolutely love them, and I can see how it would be a great tool for them. We have a couple tablets in the house, my wife is usually glued to the Nexus 7, and I have a fairly new 17" gaming laptop if I need anything larger. TBH though, my laptop gathers a lot of dust as I use my S3 for pretty much everything.
    Personally, I'm looking forward to the Galaxy S5.

    tap'n
  6. #106  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    You know, I am tired of you accusing me of being a troll. What is the big deal if I "come in on an Apple thread" to express my opinion? As far as "trolling" goes, for every one Apple fan that posts on an Android forum, there are fifty Android fans trolling Apple forums.
    I have said nothing derogatory about you, and I would appreciate the same respect. Thank you!
    Sorry I call it how I see it. Mainly because I only see you purposely trying to start arguments about Apple vs Android. It's not an occasional thing.. If i find any thread talking about Apple (bad or good) you show up. I haven't seen you in these forums at all till.. I hit an Apple thread. If finding threads that mention Apple just to start wars and arguments on purpose isn't trolling.. I'm not sure what is. Also it's the first time I've ever said that about you... In the past I said you always talk about Apple is all. So don't put words in my mouth. Thank you!

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.
  7. #107  
    pappy53's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,533 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Mainly because I only see you purposely trying to start arguments about Apple vs Android.
    Arguments, no. Discussions, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I haven't seen you in these forums at all till.. I hit an Apple thread.
    Over 1,100 posts, and you haven't seen me?
  8. #108  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Arguments, no. Discussions, yes.


    Over 1,100 posts, and you haven't seen me?
    Oh I've seen you.. In threads starting flame wars of Apple vs Android. This thread kinda called for it.. Others no.. You start arguments and play the other side on purpose all the time.. So after awhile it looks like just trolling.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.
    Thanked by 2:
    taylorz_412 and gdmin like this.
  9. #109  
    pappy53's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,533 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Oh I've seen you.. In threads starting flame wars of Apple vs Android. This thread kinda called for it.. Others no.. You start arguments and play the other side on purpose all the time.. So after awhile it looks like just trolling.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    It's funny that there are no arguments until you show up with your little instigating remarks. You are the one that fans the flames.
    Anyway, I'm out. Have a blessed day.
  10. #110  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    It's funny that there are no arguments until you show up with your little instigating remarks. You are the one that fans the flames.
    Anyway, I'm out. Have a blessed day.
    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    I know what I am talking about. And you posted those benchmark scores to show that your N3 beat the 5s in a benchmark. ****-hurt a little?
    I haven't posted any BS. Show me where I am flat out wrong. You are right about the scores being manipulated, as Samsung has been caught doing just that very thing.
    You're right I'm sorry no arguments... Took me less than 5 seconds to find.. Just had to find a post by you :rolleyes:

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.
    taylorz_412 and gdmin like this.
  11. #111  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    I'll tell you one thing this phone rocks at and it's LTE. I got 21mbps download on it.. and regularly get around 15.
  12. #112  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    I don't know about trusting anyone that ranks the Note 3 camera the best out there. Where did that come from?
    I'm talking about battery life, not cameras. Stay on topic.
    Sprint: HTC Touch, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Series 3 Chromebook
    2013 Nexus 7
  13. #113  
    pappy53's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,533 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by titaniumSS View Post
    I'm talking about battery life, not cameras. Stay on topic.
    If he is ranking the Note 3 camera number one, then how can his reviews be believed?
  14. #114  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by titaniumSS View Post
    I'm talking about battery life, not cameras. Stay on topic.
    The battery life on my Note 3 is way better than any iPhone I've owned. But to be fair, I had to shut off all the junk Samsung included THAT DOES NOT WORK first.
  15. #115  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by hypokondriak View Post
    The battery life on my Note 3 is way better than any iPhone I've owned. But to be fair, I had to shut off all the junk Samsung included THAT DOES NOT WORK first.
    The battery life on my Note 3 isn't anywhere near the battery life of my iPhone 5. I can barely make it through the work day with my Note 3. With my iPhone 5 I was able to make it home with 60 to 70 percent juice left.

    Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.
  16. #116  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    The battery life on my Note 3 isn't anywhere near the battery life of my iPhone 5. I can barely make it through the work day with my Note 3. With my iPhone 5 I was able to make it home with 60 to 70 percent juice left.

    Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.
    What does the battery info say about which service is eating it? Im not having any battery problems, but I think I did read on these very forums some one returning the phone and receiving better one back. Also, someone else had some success by changing sd-card to a better working one.

    But of course I understand that if your display time is around 6-8 hours, then you might really have problem getting thru rest of the day. I don't know how that compares to ip5, because I never had one.


    Sent using Note3
  17. #117  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Botti View Post
    What does the battery info say about which service is eating it? Im not having any battery problems, but I think I did read on these very forums some one returning the phone and receiving better one back. Also, someone else had some success by changing sd-card to a better working one.

    But of course I understand that if your display time is around 6-8 hours, then you might really have problem getting thru rest of the day. I don't know how that compares to ip5, because I never had one.


    Sent using Note3
    It's the screen. I don't think there is anything wrong with my device. I do believe that I have the screen on more than I did with my iPhone 5 when I'm at work, I have my S-pen out and ready to go to use for all of my Note taking. So I am constantly turning my screen on throughout the day. I'm not complaining about my Note 3 I'm just noticing that the battery isn't lasting as long as my iPhone 5. But it could be because I'm using it differently than I used my iPhone.

    Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.
  18. #118  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    It's the screen. I don't think there is anything wrong with my device. I do believe that I have the screen on more than I did with my iPhone 5 when I'm at work, I have my S-pen out and ready to go to use for all of my Note taking. So I am constantly turning my screen on throughout the day. I'm not complaining about my Note 3 I'm just noticing that the battery isn't lasting as long as my iPhone 5. But it could be because I'm using it differently than I used my iPhone.

    Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.
    Well.. I'm reading that your basically saying your using it more so that would explain it. Use your iPhone the same way and it would probably drain the same.

    That's like a guy saying his civic got great gas but his Honda doesn't.. But he drives for 4 more hours everyday in his Honda than he did in his civic.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.
  19. #119  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Well.. I'm reading that your basically saying your using it more so that would explain it. Use your iPhone the same way and it would probably drain the same.

    That's like a guy saying his civic got great gas but his Honda doesn't.. But he drives for 4 more hours everyday in his Honda than he did in his civic.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    That's exactly what I'm saying that's why I'm not complaining about it. And I can't do the same things with the iPhone 5 that I can do with the Note 3.

    Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.
  20. #120  
    fofjjsr's Avatar
    Android4life

    Posts
    977 Posts

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    I didn't read most of this thread, but doesn't Samsung produce Apple's chips and screens? So in other words they produced the A7 chip? I could be wrong, but I know iPhones contain Samsung made parts.
  21. #121  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by fofjjsr View Post
    I didn't read most of this thread, but doesn't Samsung produce Apple's chips and screens? So in other words they produced the A7 chip? I could be wrong, but I know iPhones contain Samsung made parts.
    Samsung fabricates the chips, but they don't design them. If I followed a recipe from a master chef I am not a master chef. It also doesn't mean I'm talent-less, but what Samsung is doing with their fab vs what companies like an Apple, Qualcomm, Marvell, etc do is a huge difference.
  22. #122  

    Default

    It isn't exactly fair to leave Samsung off that list since they also make arm based SOC's. It isn't a correct assumption to infer samsung doesn't know how to design there own. The exynos line are Samsungs take on integration with standard ARM cpu's.

    In fact when the cortex A9 was the standard design Samsung had the fasest SOC. The S800 is a bit better the Samsung's A15 based exynos cpus though.

    What apple did was jump right to the A57 based architecture instead of producing a second a15 based cpu. Probably at a much lower clock then everyone else will when they release theirs. That is my understanding of it. Sometimes producing the next gen chip at a lower clock is good idea if it is efficient enough. Especially if they couldn't push there a15 based design to the performance they wanted.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya
    CR6 likes this.
  23. #123  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    If he is ranking the Note 3 camera number one, then how can his reviews be believed?
    Probably because the video is better with better features. No other phone right now in the world has 4k video recording.
  24. #124  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Probably because the video is better with better features. No other phone right now in the world has 4k video recording.
    Er, you might want to re-check that statement.. One hint: acer

    Sent using Note3
  25. #125  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by mavrrick View Post
    It isn't exactly fair to leave Samsung off that list since they also make arm based SOC's. It isn't a correct assumption to infer samsung doesn't know how to design there own. The exynos line are Samsungs take on integration with standard ARM cpu's.

    In fact when the cortex A9 was the standard design Samsung had the fasest SOC. The S800 is a bit better the Samsung's A15 based exynos cpus though.

    What apple did was jump right to the A57 based architecture instead of producing a second a15 based cpu. Probably at a much lower clock then everyone else will when they release theirs. That is my understanding of it. Sometimes producing the next gen chip at a lower clock is good idea if it is efficient enough. Especially if they couldn't push there a15 based design to the performance they wanted.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Are you sure? Based On this article samsung still isn't Arm AArchitectural license. ....

    What if Samsung Exynos Goes ARM Architectural? | EE Times
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Note 8.0 vs Tab 3 8.0
    By Haalcyon in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-13-2013, 03:25 PM
  2. Apple TV (3rd Gen) + Logitech Harmony 300 Remote *Ships Fast!*
    By scorpiodsu in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2013, 03:17 PM
  3. It's Official... DOA.... Death of Apple!!!!!! (Phones that is!)
    By CompMan2012 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 03:26 PM
  4. Some things about HTC One vs Galaxy S4
    By wanted198 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 02:46 PM
  5. [FREE] Girl vs Zombie Run Game
    By mizzytheboy in forum Android App Inventor
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions