Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
    Banned

Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    It's well known that Apple has the #1 customer service in the industry. Even without the $300 program.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    I have an Android Carbon Fiber rock

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4

Quote Originally Posted by alexlam24 View Post
    Its only great because they charge you $30 for a pair of headphones that costs $1 to make. My SkullCandy (forget name) headphones costed $25 and the quality is far beyond your Apple products. I actually have deep bass and good sound(Amazing huh?). Apple also makes crap phone speakers... IPhone 5 has speakers that sound like you're underwater

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    Way better then having the speakers stupidly placed like on the back like most devices. No the speaker on the 5 is great.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    6,283 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Way better then having the speakers stupidly placed like on the back like most devices. No the speaker on the 5 is great.

Many cars don't have the speakers placed near your head...that doesn't necessarily mean they're stupidly placed because they're located in the door panel aimed at your feet, IMO. The only frequencies that really really benefit from being aimed at you are the high frequencies and, yes, some mids. ...but from a phone? The built in speakers aren't able to produce acoustics that would make much difference where the speaker they're coming from is placed on the phone. As you know, sound waves reflect. That's why so many speakers are placed on the back or facing towards the bottom.
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Many cars don't have the speakers placed near your head...that doesn't necessarily mean they're stupidly placed because they're located in the door panel aimed at your feet, IMO. The only frequencies that really really benefit from being aimed at you are the high frequencies and, yes, some mids. ...but from a phone? The built in speakers aren't able to produce acoustics that would make much difference where the speaker they're coming from is placed on the phone. As you know, sound waves reflect. That's why so many speakers are placed on the back or facing towards the bottom.
    When you have your phone in your jeans and are listening to music, the placement of the iPhone 5/5S speaker is so much better plus it is just louder.

Banned

When you have your phone in your jeans and are listening to music, the placement of the iPhone 5/5S speaker is so much better plus it is just louder.

When you buy an iPhone you have no more money for jeans

XD. This is true. Thankfully I am able to afford it.
    But I don't buy them because I prefer Android.

Wait till they release their new clothing line.....Apple iJeans....with pockets made specifically for the iPhone. These aren't ordinary jeans though, they are skinny jeans that come with a pair of reading glasses and a grey hair wig. They'll be subsidized at all Apple retail locations for $200 on a 2 year contract with the purchase of a new iPhone. Remember to ask for the Apple iJeans 5, 5s, or the new 5c that automatically changes color to match your iPhone.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

XD. This is true. Thankfully I am able to afford it.
    But I don't buy them because I prefer Android.

I can't afford any phone. I'm so broke that when I flush the toilet I hear.....CHA CHING....credit or debit.....
    Chetan Takyar likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,099 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I think that they are pretty much the same price as Android flagships. Both are priced too high!
    Thanked by:
    Banned

I think that they are pretty much the same price as Android flagships. Both are priced too high!
    I don't think so. They have a ton of features so you could say it's reasonable. They're also more durable

I don't think so. They have a ton of features so you could say it's reasonable. They're also more durable

Hmm. The One isn't in more durable same price. I don't think that's a fair thing to say since so people think it is worth paying a lot for the iPhone to sync easily with a Mac or such. People place value on different things

Thanked by:
    Gator352 and Haalcyon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KurianOfBorg View Post
    Yes. Even in offscreen rendering tests at 1080p the iPhone 5S OBLITERATES the G2 by almost 200% in some tests such as fill rate. Overall all it's faster in every test even run at 1080p.

The higher resolution on the newer phones is completely meaningless. There is no benefit to increasing the DPI any more than the 3 year old iPhone 4.
    That is strange since the G2 and Note 3 have the same CPU and GPU... when I ran 3dmark extreme and looked at the final score, the Note 3 was way ahead... i know know.. they cheated by having it run at full speed... after all, no phone should run at full speed. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    That is strange since the G2 and Note 3 have the same CPU and GPU... when I ran 3dmark extreme and looked at the final score, the Note 3 was way ahead... i know know.. they cheated by having it run at full speed... after all, no phone should run at full speed. Lol.
    But its running over clocked. Those aren't default speeds and THEY did cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    If those speeds aren't accessible to the customer consistently, then yes, its a problem. There's a difference between the occasional spike at full power and maxing out everything to get the best possible results in a specific set of apps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar likes this.

Galaxy Note 3 not the only one free of “benchmark shenanigans” accusations [UPDATE] - SlashGear
    I don't think any one knows what apple does in the few benchmarks available to it.

This thread turned into an apple 5s vs N3 thread. Title clearly says S800 vs A7 yet no one understands the difference it seems.
    Almeuit and Haalcyon like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,099 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Does it really matter if one phone is a half of a second faster than another one?
    If it doesn't fit your needs, then all of those benchmarks don't matter. Any top-tier phone ( Apple, Android, or Windows ) is going to be fast enough for most people.

Gator352, Almeuit and Haalcyon like this.

Does it really matter if one phone is a half of a second faster than another one?
    If it doesn't fit your needs, then all of those benchmarks don't matter. Any top-tier phone ( Apple, Android, or Windows ) is going to be fast enough for most people.

I have to agree with this.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    6,283 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I have to agree with this.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    I definitely agree with this. My G2 and G Pro may not be the fastest phones by far but they meet my needs which is way more important.

g2 cm10.2
    Live long and prosper.

Banned

The awkward moment when phones now have more ram/processing power than most $400 lap tops

Thanked by:
    Gator352 and Chetan Takyar like this.

I was looking at the benchmark tests for the nexus 5 phones, and even intensive tasks like 3d gaming use 2 cores max. Even basic multitasking tasks like streaming music while surfing the web wouldn't need that many cores either.

Even for laptops, Apple still ships their MacBook Air laptops with dual-core processors, and they are no less capable for the majority of tasks their customers use them for anyways. The stuff which may need more cores, like video editing, aren't stuff you would typically do on your phone anyways.

Since we are in the topic of cores, can anyone tell me what you do on your android phones that actually make use of all 4 cores?

Global Posts
    6,283 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post
    I was looking at the benchmark tests for the nexus 5 phones, and even intensive tasks like 3d gaming use 2 cores max. Even basic multitasking tasks like streaming music while surfing the web wouldn't need that many cores either.

Even for laptops, Apple still ships their MacBook Air laptops with dual-core processors, and they are no less capable for the majority of tasks their customers use them for anyways. The stuff which may need more cores, like video editing, aren't stuff you would typically do on your phone anyways.

Since we are in the topic of cores, can anyone tell me what you do on your android phones that actually make use of all 4 cores?
    Solitaire. Solitaire makes exceedingly heavy use of all 4 cores.

JK.

g2 cm10.2
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:
    Gator352 and Chetan Takyar like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Solitaire. Solitaire makes exceedingly heavy use of all 4 cores.

JK.

g2 cm10.2
    Only when you win and it does the bouncy card effect. That's the graphically taxing part

Quote Originally Posted by power5 View Post
    Galaxy Note 3 not the only one free of “benchmark shenanigans” accusations [UPDATE] - SlashGear
    I don't think any one knows what apple does in the few benchmarks available to it.

This thread turned into an apple 5s vs N3 thread. Title clearly says S800 vs A7 yet no one understands the difference it seems.
    Well considering the Note 3 uses an S800 and the 5s uses an A7, it can easily be construded as a Note 3 vs 5S thread....

Everyone cheats. All that matters is that you love your phone and when you pick it up and use it, it does what you need it to do and you're satisfied.
    Thanked by:
    power5 likes this.

It is not over clocked in any way ,only thermal throttle is raised.

[HIDE]
    Device: Galaxy S3 3G ,GT-I9300
    CPU:Exynos 4412 Prime (Binned AS4) ,200-1000Mhz,UV,ZZMOVE battery governor
    GPU:Mali 400MP4,54-350Mhz,UV
    ROM:Temasek CM11 ,Art runtime.
    Kernel: Devil kernel 2
    [/HIDE]
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast