Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 282
Like Tree79Likes
  1. #176  
    alexlam24's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    508 Posts

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    It's well known that Apple has the #1 customer service in the industry. Even without the $300 program.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    I have an Android Carbon Fiber rock

    Sent from my HTC Xperia S4
  2. #177  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by alexlam24 View Post
    Its only great because they charge you $30 for a pair of headphones that costs $1 to make. My SkullCandy (forget name) headphones costed $25 and the quality is far beyond your Apple products. I actually have deep bass and good sound(Amazing huh?). Apple also makes crap phone speakers... IPhone 5 has speakers that sound like you're underwater

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    Way better then having the speakers stupidly placed like on the back like most devices. No the speaker on the 5 is great.

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #178  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,786 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,283 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Way better then having the speakers stupidly placed like on the back like most devices. No the speaker on the 5 is great.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Many cars don't have the speakers placed near your head...that doesn't necessarily mean they're stupidly placed because they're located in the door panel aimed at your feet, IMO. The only frequencies that really really benefit from being aimed at you are the high frequencies and, yes, some mids. ...but from a phone? The built in speakers aren't able to produce acoustics that would make much difference where the speaker they're coming from is placed on the phone. As you know, sound waves reflect. That's why so many speakers are placed on the back or facing towards the bottom.
    Live long and prosper.


  4. #179  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Many cars don't have the speakers placed near your head...that doesn't necessarily mean they're stupidly placed because they're located in the door panel aimed at your feet, IMO. The only frequencies that really really benefit from being aimed at you are the high frequencies and, yes, some mids. ...but from a phone? The built in speakers aren't able to produce acoustics that would make much difference where the speaker they're coming from is placed on the phone. As you know, sound waves reflect. That's why so many speakers are placed on the back or facing towards the bottom.
    When you have your phone in your jeans and are listening to music, the placement of the iPhone 5/5S speaker is so much better plus it is just louder.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #180  
    alexlam24's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    508 Posts

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    When you have your phone in your jeans and are listening to music, the placement of the iPhone 5/5S speaker is so much better plus it is just louder.

    Posted via Android Central App
    When you buy an iPhone you have no more money for jeans

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
  6. #181  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexlam24 View Post
    When you buy an iPhone you have no more money for jeans

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    XD. This is true. Thankfully I am able to afford it.
    But I don't buy them because I prefer Android.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #182  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by alexlam24 View Post
    When you buy an iPhone you have no more money for jeans

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    Wait till they release their new clothing line.....Apple iJeans....with pockets made specifically for the iPhone. These aren't ordinary jeans though, they are skinny jeans that come with a pair of reading glasses and a grey hair wig. They'll be subsidized at all Apple retail locations for $200 on a 2 year contract with the purchase of a new iPhone. Remember to ask for the Apple iJeans 5, 5s, or the new 5c that automatically changes color to match your iPhone.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
  8. #183  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    XD. This is true. Thankfully I am able to afford it.
    But I don't buy them because I prefer Android.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I can't afford any phone. I'm so broke that when I flush the toilet I hear.....CHA CHING....credit or debit.....
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
    Chetan Takyar likes this.
  9. #184  
    pappy53's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,533 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,099 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by alexlam24 View Post
    When you buy an iPhone you have no more money for jeans

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    I think that they are pretty much the same price as Android flagships. Both are priced too high!
    Thanked by:
  10. #185  
    alexlam24's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    508 Posts

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    I think that they are pretty much the same price as Android flagships. Both are priced too high!
    I don't think so. They have a ton of features so you could say it's reasonable. They're also more durable

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
  11. #186  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by alexlam24 View Post
    I don't think so. They have a ton of features so you could say it's reasonable. They're also more durable

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    Hmm. The One isn't in more durable same price. I don't think that's a fair thing to say since so people think it is worth paying a lot for the iPhone to sync easily with a Mac or such. People place value on different things

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Gator352 and Haalcyon like this.
  12. #187  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by KurianOfBorg View Post
    Yes. Even in offscreen rendering tests at 1080p the iPhone 5S OBLITERATES the G2 by almost 200% in some tests such as fill rate. Overall all it's faster in every test even run at 1080p.

    The higher resolution on the newer phones is completely meaningless. There is no benefit to increasing the DPI any more than the 3 year old iPhone 4.
    That is strange since the G2 and Note 3 have the same CPU and GPU... when I ran 3dmark extreme and looked at the final score, the Note 3 was way ahead... i know know.. they cheated by having it run at full speed... after all, no phone should run at full speed. Lol.
  13. #188  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    That is strange since the G2 and Note 3 have the same CPU and GPU... when I ran 3dmark extreme and looked at the final score, the Note 3 was way ahead... i know know.. they cheated by having it run at full speed... after all, no phone should run at full speed. Lol.
    But its running over clocked. Those aren't default speeds and THEY did cheat.

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #189  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    That is strange since the G2 and Note 3 have the same CPU and GPU... when I ran 3dmark extreme and looked at the final score, the Note 3 was way ahead... i know know.. they cheated by having it run at full speed... after all, no phone should run at full speed. Lol.
    If those speeds aren't accessible to the customer consistently, then yes, its a problem. There's a difference between the occasional spike at full power and maxing out everything to get the best possible results in a specific set of apps.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar likes this.
  15. #190  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    But its running over clocked. Those aren't default speeds and THEY did cheat.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Galaxy Note 3 not the only one free of “benchmark shenanigans” accusations [UPDATE] - SlashGear
    I don't think any one knows what apple does in the few benchmarks available to it.


    This thread turned into an apple 5s vs N3 thread. Title clearly says S800 vs A7 yet no one understands the difference it seems.
    Almeuit and Haalcyon like this.
  16. #191  
    pappy53's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,533 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,099 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Does it really matter if one phone is a half of a second faster than another one?
    If it doesn't fit your needs, then all of those benchmarks don't matter. Any top-tier phone ( Apple, Android, or Windows ) is going to be fast enough for most people.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Gator352, Almeuit and Haalcyon like this.
  17. #192  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Does it really matter if one phone is a half of a second faster than another one?
    If it doesn't fit your needs, then all of those benchmarks don't matter. Any top-tier phone ( Apple, Android, or Windows ) is going to be fast enough for most people.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    I have to agree with this.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  18. #193  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,786 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,283 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I have to agree with this.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    I definitely agree with this. My G2 and G Pro may not be the fastest phones by far but they meet my needs which is way more important.

    g2 cm10.2
    Live long and prosper.


  19. #194  
    alexlam24's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    508 Posts

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    The awkward moment when phones now have more ram/processing power than most $400 lap tops

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    Thanked by:
    Gator352 and Chetan Takyar like this.
  20. #195  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    I was looking at the benchmark tests for the nexus 5 phones, and even intensive tasks like 3d gaming use 2 cores max. Even basic multitasking tasks like streaming music while surfing the web wouldn't need that many cores either.

    Even for laptops, Apple still ships their MacBook Air laptops with dual-core processors, and they are no less capable for the majority of tasks their customers use them for anyways. The stuff which may need more cores, like video editing, aren't stuff you would typically do on your phone anyways.

    Since we are in the topic of cores, can anyone tell me what you do on your android phones that actually make use of all 4 cores?
  21. #196  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,786 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,283 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post
    I was looking at the benchmark tests for the nexus 5 phones, and even intensive tasks like 3d gaming use 2 cores max. Even basic multitasking tasks like streaming music while surfing the web wouldn't need that many cores either.

    Even for laptops, Apple still ships their MacBook Air laptops with dual-core processors, and they are no less capable for the majority of tasks their customers use them for anyways. The stuff which may need more cores, like video editing, aren't stuff you would typically do on your phone anyways.

    Since we are in the topic of cores, can anyone tell me what you do on your android phones that actually make use of all 4 cores?
    Solitaire. Solitaire makes exceedingly heavy use of all 4 cores.


    JK.

    g2 cm10.2
    Live long and prosper.


    Thanked by:
    Gator352 and Chetan Takyar like this.
  22. #197  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Solitaire. Solitaire makes exceedingly heavy use of all 4 cores.


    JK.

    g2 cm10.2
    Only when you win and it does the bouncy card effect. That's the graphically taxing part

    Posted via Android Central App
  23. #198  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by power5 View Post
    Galaxy Note 3 not the only one free of “benchmark shenanigans” accusations [UPDATE] - SlashGear
    I don't think any one knows what apple does in the few benchmarks available to it.

    This thread turned into an apple 5s vs N3 thread. Title clearly says S800 vs A7 yet no one understands the difference it seems.
    Well considering the Note 3 uses an S800 and the 5s uses an A7, it can easily be construded as a Note 3 vs 5S thread....
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
  24. #199  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    But its running over clocked. Those aren't default speeds and THEY did cheat.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everyone cheats. All that matters is that you love your phone and when you pick it up and use it, it does what you need it to do and you're satisfied.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
    Thanked by:
    power5 likes this.
  25. #200  

    Default Re: Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    But its running over clocked. Those aren't default speeds and THEY did cheat.

    Posted via Android Central App
    It is not over clocked in any way ,only thermal throttle is raised.

    [HIDE]
    Device: Galaxy S3 3G ,GT-I9300
    CPU:Exynos 4412 Prime (Binned AS4) ,200-1000Mhz,UV,ZZMOVE battery governor
    GPU:Mali 400MP4,54-350Mhz,UV
    ROM:Temasek CM11 ,Art runtime.
    Kernel: Devil kernel 2
    [/HIDE]
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Note 8.0 vs Tab 3 8.0
    By Haalcyon in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-13-2013, 03:25 PM
  2. Apple TV (3rd Gen) + Logitech Harmony 300 Remote *Ships Fast!*
    By scorpiodsu in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2013, 03:17 PM
  3. It's Official... DOA.... Death of Apple!!!!!! (Phones that is!)
    By CompMan2012 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 03:26 PM
  4. Some things about HTC One vs Galaxy S4
    By wanted198 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 02:46 PM
  5. [FREE] Girl vs Zombie Run Game
    By mizzytheboy in forum Android App Inventor
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions