Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
The 64 bit is crap to sell. 64 bit has been around in windows type computers for years and it is not for a speed increase, but to deal with larger numbers. Average users do not need this much computing power. Only companies doing engineering and 3d modeling types of computing need 64 bit.

There are truly only a few ways to speed up a computer. Increase the cpu clock rate but that only goes so far. Add more cpus, for true multitasking, but in a platform such as a phone this cannot be done so in order to get the same benefit in a smaller form factor they increase the number of cores in the cpu which allows each core to handle a seperate process. Android for now is the only commercial os on a phone that can truly multitask and take advantage of multicores and for now it is only up to quad (4) cores. The new octacore (8) is a gimick by samsung similar to apple because the os at this point can only run 4 threads at the same time.

Another way to increase speed is to increase the amount of ram. You can also increase the speed of ram as well.

Another way to speed up a computer is to shorten the wires for example place your ram closer to the chip. That is why cpus have the cache built into them to put that ram as close to the cpu as possible.

At some point you hit a ceiling which is where there will be no noticeable speed increase.

Now there is another area that is a given to. The software to take advantage of these speed increases is always 1-2 years behind the hardware development.

You can look at pcs now which has came pretty close to hitting this limit. That is why they are trying so hard to develop workable quantum computers because they use loosely intertwined quarks for the computing.

Loosely intertwined quarks have a unique ability. They spin the same direction and when that spin is changed in one quark the other quark instanky matches that spin with no distance limitation. They have tested this theory over thousands of miles already.

This has many benefits for one computer speeds will increase exponentially. In theory you can communicate over any distance instantaneously and because there is no physical connection such as a wire or laser the communications cannot be listened in on by anyone else.

Ios is not currently capable of running multiple processes at the same time and cannot currently take advantage of multiple cores, but neither will they take advantage of the 64 bit processor they have either. It is there way of putting something useless in the phone so they can charge more for it.

All companies do similar gimics. Apple has the 64bit chip and samsung will release the octacore processor. Given the current state the octacore at some point will be more advantageous to the customer than a 64 bit processor, but apple fanboys and girls will never believe any of this and will by into the apple mantra.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
The 64 bit is crap to sell. 64 bit has been around in windows type computers for years and it is not for a speed increase, but to deal with larger numbers. Average users do not need this much computing power. Only companies doing engineering and 3d modeling types of computing need 64 bit.

There are truly only a few ways to speed up a computer. Increase the cpu clock rate but that only goes so far. Add more cpus, for true multitasking, but in a platform such as a phone this cannot be done so in order to get the same benefit in a smaller form factor they increase the number of cores in the cpu which allows each core to handle a seperate process. Android for now is the only commercial os on a phone that can truly multitask and take advantage of multicores and for now it is only up to quad (4) cores. The new octacore (8) is a gimick by samsung similar to apple because the os at this point can only run 4 threads at the same time.

Another way to increase speed is to increase the amount of ram. You can also increase the speed of ram as well.

Another way to speed up a computer is to shorten the wires for example place your ram closer to the chip. That is why cpus have the cache built into them to put that ram as close to the cpu as possible.

At some point you hit a ceiling which is where there will be no noticeable speed increase.

Now there is another area that is a given to. The software to take advantage of these speed increases is always 1-2 years behind the hardware development.

You can look at pcs now which has came pretty close to hitting this limit. That is why they are trying so hard to develop workable quantum computers because they use loosely intertwined quarks for the computing.

Loosely intertwined quarks have a unique ability. They spin the same direction and when that spin is changed in one quark the other quark instanky matches that spin with no distance limitation. They have tested this theory over thousands of miles already.

This has many benefits for one computer speeds will increase exponentially. In theory you can communicate over any distance instantaneously and because there is no physical connection such as a wire or laser the communications cannot be listened in on by anyone else.

Ios is not currently capable of running multiple processes at the same time and cannot currently take advantage of multiple cores, but neither will they take advantage of the 64 bit processor they have either. It is there way of putting something useless in the phone so they can charge more for it.

All companies do similar gimics. Apple has the 64bit chip and samsung will release the octacore processor. Given the current state the octacore at some point will be more advantageous to the customer than a 64 bit processor, but apple fanboys and girls will never believe any of this and will by into the apple mantra.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Isn't it funny that a dual core iPhone 5s outperforms basically every quad core Android phone on the market? It is amazing. It's called optimization, and Apple does it better than anyone. Motorola is finally seeing the light about optimizing, and are doing a great job with it. My new Maxx performs great.
As far as 64-bit, Apple didn't put it in the phone to charge more money, as the price didn't change. They put it there for a reason, although it may be for a future reason, but it will be ready for whatever they design for it.

anon(5780458)

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Is that taking into consideration the resolution difference? We are comparing full hd with sub 720p
Yes. Even in offscreen rendering tests at 1080p the iPhone 5S OBLITERATES the G2 by almost 200% in some tests such as fill rate. Overall all it's faster in every test even run at 1080p.

The higher resolution on the newer phones is completely meaningless. There is no benefit to increasing the DPI any more than the 3 year old iPhone 4.

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Even in offscreen rendering tests at 1080p the iPhone 5S OBLITERATES the G2 by almost 200% in some tests such as fill rate. Overall all it's faster in every test even run at 1080p.

The higher resolution on the newer phones is completely meaningless. There is no benefit to increasing the DPI any more than the 3 year old iPhone 4.

The G2 runs on Android 4.2. Should've used a Nexus 5

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I have to say I disagree. ...but I understand your point.

g2

There is a noticeable difference between both screens, but iPhone does lag behind in the hardware department. They don't really innovate, just hype and sell. My Nokia in 2008 had a FM radio and in 2010 when the iPhone 3Gs had FM radio everyone freaked out.

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
http://gfxbench.com/compare.jsp?D1=Google+Nexus+5&D2=Apple+iPhone+5S&cols=2

But then again there is snapdragon 805 coming in January with Adreno 420 which would roughly have 40% performance over adreno 330 and easily outdo the G6400 in A7
[HIDE]
Device: Galaxy S3 3G ,GT-I9300
CPU:Exynos 4412 Prime (Binned AS4) ,200-1000Mhz,UV,ZZMOVE battery governor
GPU:Mali 400MP4,54-350Mhz,UV
ROM:Temasek CM11 ,Art runtime.
Samsung 4.3 dualboot.
Kernel: Devil kernel 2
[/HIDE]

Last edited:

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I think that it is because of a great product with the best customer service in the industry.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Its only great because they charge you $30 for a pair of headphones that costs $1 to make. My SkullCandy (forget name) headphones costed $25 and the quality is far beyond your Apple products. I actually have deep bass and good sound(Amazing huh?). Apple also makes crap phone speakers... IPhone 5 has speakers that sound like you're underwater

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Its only great because they charge you $30 for a pair of headphones that costs $1 to make. My SkullCandy (forget name) headphones costed $25 and the quality is far beyond your Apple products. I actually have deep bass and good sound(Amazing huh?). Apple also makes crap phone speakers... IPhone 5 has speakers that sound like you're underwater

It is pointless to resist...

For those that Apple has affected there is nothing you can say. No facts you can present. But it's all good because we need more than just Android so that Android can keep pushing forward at the pace we're seeing.

anon(5780458)

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Everyone knows the Apple earbuds are crap. They're for people who don't care about sound quality. But you'd have to be really ignorant to think SkullCandy is a quality earphone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I could of swore this thread was about processors.. Oh wait.. Pappy the Apple troll of course turning it into an Apple Vs Android thread like always...

Nevermnd carry on :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I could of swore this thread was about processors.. Oh wait.. Pappy the Apple troll of course turning it into an Apple Vs Android thread like always...

Nevermnd carry on :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

As long as there is Apple and Android and forums for such the debate and discussion will continue. As long as everyone is civil and respectful all is well.

g2