Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
When you buy an iPhone you have no more money for jeans :p

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

Wait till they release their new clothing line.....Apple iJeans....with pockets made specifically for the iPhone. These aren't ordinary jeans though, they are skinny jeans that come with a pair of reading glasses and a grey hair wig. They'll be subsidized at all Apple retail locations for $200 on a 2 year contract with the purchase of a new iPhone. Remember to ask for the Apple iJeans 5, 5s, or the new 5c that automatically changes color to match your iPhone.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so. They have a ton of features so you could say it's reasonable. They're also more durable

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

Hmm. The One isn't in more durable same price. I don't think that's a fair thing to say since so people think it is worth paying a lot for the iPhone to sync easily with a Mac or such. People place value on different things:)

Posted via Android Central App

Weaser999

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Even in offscreen rendering tests at 1080p the iPhone 5S OBLITERATES the G2 by almost 200% in some tests such as fill rate. Overall all it's faster in every test even run at 1080p.

The higher resolution on the newer phones is completely meaningless. There is no benefit to increasing the DPI any more than the 3 year old iPhone 4.

That is strange since the G2 and Note 3 have the same CPU and GPU... when I ran 3dmark extreme and looked at the final score, the Note 3 was way ahead... i know know.. they cheated by having it run at full speed... after all, no phone should run at full speed. Lol.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
That is strange since the G2 and Note 3 have the same CPU and GPU... when I ran 3dmark extreme and looked at the final score, the Note 3 was way ahead... i know know.. they cheated by having it run at full speed... after all, no phone should run at full speed. Lol.

But its running over clocked. Those aren't default speeds and THEY did cheat.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

If those speeds aren't accessible to the customer consistently, then yes, its a problem. There's a difference between the occasional spike at full power and maxing out everything to get the best possible results in a specific set of apps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Does it really matter if one phone is a half of a second faster than another one?
If it doesn't fit your needs, then all of those benchmarks don't matter. Any top-tier phone ( Apple, Android, or Windows ) is going to be fast enough for most people.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Does it really matter if one phone is a half of a second faster than another one?
If it doesn't fit your needs, then all of those benchmarks don't matter. Any top-tier phone ( Apple, Android, or Windows ) is going to be fast enough for most people.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I have to agree with this.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

abazigal

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I was looking at the benchmark tests for the nexus 5 phones, and even intensive tasks like 3d gaming use 2 cores max. Even basic multitasking tasks like streaming music while surfing the web wouldn't need that many cores either.

Even for laptops, Apple still ships their MacBook Air laptops with dual-core processors, and they are no less capable for the majority of tasks their customers use them for anyways. The stuff which may need more cores, like video editing, aren't stuff you would typically do on your phone anyways.

Since we are in the topic of cores, can anyone tell me what you do on your android phones that actually make use of all 4 cores?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I was looking at the benchmark tests for the nexus 5 phones, and even intensive tasks like 3d gaming use 2 cores max. Even basic multitasking tasks like streaming music while surfing the web wouldn't need that many cores either.

Even for laptops, Apple still ships their MacBook Air laptops with dual-core processors, and they are no less capable for the majority of tasks their customers use them for anyways. The stuff which may need more cores, like video editing, aren't stuff you would typically do on your phone anyways.

Since we are in the topic of cores, can anyone tell me what you do on your android phones that actually make use of all 4 cores?

Solitaire. Solitaire makes exceedingly heavy use of all 4 cores.

JK.

g2 cm10.2

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
But its running over clocked. Those aren't default speeds and THEY did cheat.

It is not over clocked in any way ,only thermal throttle is raised.

[HIDE]
Device: Galaxy S3 3G ,GT-I9300
CPU:Exynos 4412 Prime (Binned AS4) ,200-1000Mhz,UV,ZZMOVE battery governor
GPU:Mali 400MP4,54-350Mhz,UV
ROM:Temasek CM11 ,Art runtime.
Kernel: Devil kernel 2
[/HIDE]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer