Will a US phone work with LTE, HSPA+ and 3G in the UK?

Android Rage

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I want to buy the unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 3 from Verizon Wireless on the $699.99 plan and bring it over to the UK. Unlocking is not a problem because if the handset doesn't come unlocked, I can get it unlocked. My question is whether the phone will work with LTE, HSPA+ and 3G in the UK. Here are the network specifications directly off of the Note 3 page on Verizon Wireless' website:
CDMA Data ? 1x and EVDO Rev0/RevA
LTE: B13 (700MHz)
Global Ready (GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900;
HSPA/UMTS: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz)
For reference, I am on the Virgin Mobile VIP monthly SIM only deal. Virgin don't currently have 4G services but will soon, and I'm wondering if the handset would work on it when it becomes available.

Thanks in advance
AR

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What are the specs of the UK network that you are on?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

thefireguy286

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Verizon LTE phones are SIM unlocked out of the box as has been required per the Block C spectrum regulations. The phone would work on all networks up through HSPA+. Virgin UK is really EE, you will just have to change the default APN settings. As far as I know UK LTE is in entirely different bands (800/1800/2600 i believe) so LTE won't work there on a US Note 3.

Android Rage

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Verizon LTE phones are SIM unlocked out of the box as has been required per the Block C spectrum regulations. The phone would work on all networks up through HSPA+. Virgin UK is really EE, you will just have to change the default APN settings. As far as I know UK LTE is in entirely different bands (800/1800/2600 i believe) so LTE won't work there on a US Note 3.
Thanks for the reply. Would you know how to (where to find related information) change the appropriate APN settings? Also is there a software modification available to change the LTE band reception of the Note 3 (assuming the receiver can receive the UK LTE bands). If the receiver cannot receive UK LTE bands, can a hardware modification be performed?
Thanks
AR

Android Rage

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Forgive me for asking an easily Google-able question (with regards to changing the APN settings), the answer to which I have just found by googling. I couldn't find answers to the other two questions (software mod or hardware mod).
Cheers
AR

thefireguy286

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Would you know how to (where to find related information) change the appropriate APN settings? Also is there a software modification available to change the LTE band reception of the Note 3 (assuming the receiver can receive the UK LTE bands). If the receiver cannot receive UK LTE bands, can a hardware modification be performed?
Thanks
AR

No and no, they can't be changed. Why not just buy the UK version?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11