Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  • 2 Post By int_architect
  • 1 Post By ki11ak3nn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up Glaxay Gear

How many of you all are excited about getting the Galaxy Gear!?!
    Its pretty quite here for something like this that is a game changer for mobile phones.
    I for one is defiantly wanting and picking one up at day of release to go with my Note 3....cant wait!

Default Re: Glaxay Gear

I am probably not going to get it. Don't feel like explaining why I have a camera on my watch. Also the "about a day" of battery life kills it for me. I have the pebble and that will hold me over till the 2nd and 3rd generation of watches comes out.

I hope they do include the trusted bluetooth in the Note 3. That is great. I use an app to do it on my Note 2.

Quote Originally Posted by UsedName View Post
    How many of you all are excited about getting the Galaxy Gear!?!
    Its pretty quite here for something like this that is a game changer for mobile phones.
    I for one is defiantly wanting and picking one up at day of release to go with my Note 3....cant wait!
    the thought of paying $299 for something that would be a great toy, but being not sure i'll really use is indeed holding me back. I willinglly paid more than i should have to lay hands on the note 8 and haven't regreted it since its awesome and i use it all the time. but will i call from my wrist? or take a picture? having texts would be cool, but if i'm going to use it just for notifications then, hmmmmmmm, no not worth the hefty price. at least not yet...i'll wait and see how you all get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    I am probably not going to get it. Don't feel like explaining why I have a camera on my watch. Also the "about a day" of battery life kills it for me. I have the pebble and that will hold me over till the 2nd and 3rd generation of watches comes out.

I hope they do include the trusted bluetooth in the Note 3. That is great. I use an app to do it on my Note 2.
    not to jack the thread but how do you like your pebble. i've been waffling. what do you use it most for? do you use runkeeper on it?

No I am not interested. I don;t want to have to charge my watch every night. I have to charge my phone and tablet every night already. Just imagine have the smart gear on your arm and it goes dead in the middle of the day... All need is my Bluetooth Head set and my Gnote 3. In order for this watch to be successful 1st they have to bring down the price; 2nd They have to make it for more then just Samsung phones. I know they said that a update will be coming for GS4 and other Samsung phones, but not Motorola or LG.

It looks like absolute garbage to me.

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    not to jack the thread but how do you like your pebble. i've been waffling. what do you use it most for? do you use runkeeper on it?
    Have not used run keeper on it yet. I use it to screen calls. My phone is always on silent now. I use glance to quick reply to sms. Probably my favorite thing is using as a trusted bluetooth. Can't wait for this to be baked into android.

I wish it had sapphire crystal on the screen, wireless charging and able to view mms on the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Have not used run keeper on it yet. I use it to screen calls. My phone is always on silent now. I use glance to quick reply to sms. Probably my favorite thing is using as a trusted bluetooth. Can't wait for this to be baked into android.

I wish it had sapphire crystal on the screen, wireless charging and able to view mms on the watch.
    it scratches easily then?

it scratches easily then?
    From everyone I saw comparing it side by side to the Gear at IFA, their Pebbles looked terrible because of all the scratches, lol.

If I can get the Gear for less than $250 then I'll bite. If not, I'll just wait for a sale. I like it but not enough to spend $300 on it. For that price it should've lasted 2-3 days on a single charge.
    Sprint: HTC Touch, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Series 3 Chromebook
    2013 Nexus 7
    Thanked by:

Yes it does. I am interested in the Qualcomm Toq.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumSS View Post
    From everyone I saw comparing it side by side to the Gear at IFA, their Pebbles looked terrible because of all the scratches, lol.

If I can get the Gear for less than $250 then I'll bite. If not, I'll just wait for a sale. I like it but not enough to spend $300 on it. For that price it should've lasted 2-3 days on a single charge.
    If you get a corporate discount on accessories from your Carrier , then you should get it in your price range. Verizon has typically 25%

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4
    titaniumSS likes this.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No excitement here. Still don't see the $300 advantage of it.

3VO via Android Central App

HTC EVO 4G (cracked screen) > HTC EVO3D (eventual insurance replacement)
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer - 16gb
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer Dock
    ki11ak3nn and karsdroid like this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

So the price tag is scaring people away from the Galaxy Gear, huh?
    The price isn't bothering me because this device has me drooling over the features.
    Having a watch to answering calls, text messages, ability of taking video and picture with some useful apps.....pure awesomeness!!

No.. Don't see the point. Would mean not using my phone as much.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I'm going to wait to see what some of the other watches are like, especially the Google one. Also, Samsung has said that this iteration is only the first in various sizes and pricepoints:

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumSS View Post

I agree.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

Quote Originally Posted by UsedName View Post
    So the price tag is scaring people away from the Galaxy Gear, huh?
    The price isn't bothering me because this device has me drooling over the features.
    Having a watch to answering calls, text messages, ability of taking video and picture with some useful apps.....pure awesomeness!!
    Yeah the price is scaring people away because because there are other devices that do a lot of the same things for a lot cheaper. And the last longer on a charge. Yeah it has cool features, but IF they want a large amount of people to buy one then they need to lower the price and get it working on more devices ASAP!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    karsdroid likes this.

Global Posts
    6,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

The market will surely decide. As mentioned above, $300 is nothing for a watch.

...see, it's all relative. Some people buy a $100 Citizen and think it's expensive...and for them, it may be. What is expensive to one is inexpensive to another.

This is one of the first mainstream of a new class of device. It's not going to be bargained price for some time. I'll wait and see what the bugs are and let them get worked out. If the functionality is intriguing...why not...it's somewhat unique.

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that thing if they paid me ! I'll keep my big boy watch on lmao

Global Posts
    4,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by BobFr View Post
    I'm going to wait to see what some of the other watches are like, especially the Google one. Also, Samsung has said that this iteration is only the first in various sizes and pricepoints:

I agree, my phone can be away from me and I can see relevant information on my GG and take action.

A lot of people sure do worry a lot how other people perceive them.

I may get one, but I will reserve judgement until I see it in person. If it keeps me from checking my phone as often or answering a quick call, I can see the value. I'm very worried about the battery life.
    Last edited by spinkick; 09-16-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

I'm also hoping that VZ has a demo of the Gear next to the Note. I'll send a text or call the Note to see how the Gear works in real life. Then I'll see if it fits for my lifestyle. So far the Pebble is looking real good in terms of price, battery, and performance.

It has very limited use and a crappy camera and locked to Galaxy for £300 so no thanks.

The new version is coming out in January anyway which will be cross-platforms not just Galaxy.

I probably still won't be interested.

Unless I can talk into it and it makes my car come in and get me.

I pre orderded a jet black one, I like messing with new stuff, We will see if I keep using it or not..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2