Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Raptor007
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  • 1 Post By JB802
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 32GB model the underrated part of the new Note 3?

Got to admit when samsung decided to ditch the 16GB model that is a big reason why I decided to leave my galaxy S4 for the note 3. That extra storage is key for me. with my S4 i'm very limited in downloading certain apps due to the lack of storage space. those high GB games like real racing, iron man, fifa, NBA2k...you simply can't download them all as a example.

Default Re: 32GB model the underrated part of the new Note 3?

The best part is that'll be the base model for carriers. Did anyone see a 32gb or 64gb Note 2 in stores?

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Exactly, Samsung has figured out that unless you remove the option from the carriers roster they will NOT do what needs to be done for the customer and that is to offer real choices. I had hoped for a 64GB but knew it was never going to happen in the US. If the 3GB hadn't been made the minimum we would still be getting 16GB. Speaking of which HTC has got a real stinker on their hands with the One Max, sure it's big but the storage is small at 16GB minus OS so lets say what 10-12GB of usable space . . . maybe.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thegame161 View Post
    Got to admit when samsung decided to ditch the 16GB model that is a big reason why I decided to leave my galaxy S4 for the note 3. That extra storage is key for me. with my S4 i'm very limited in downloading certain apps due to the lack of storage space. those high GB games like real racing, iron man, fifa, NBA2k...you simply can't download them all as a example.
    Storage is my main reason on wanting to switch to a Gn3 whenever it's out. Down to .96Gbs on my S4. 32Gb N3 would be good but 64 would be GREAT. And ALL that screen real-estate lol. I love big displays. :thumbup:

From my Sammy Galaxy S4

Why is internal storage an issue when an microSD card (a) can offer greater capacity than the 32 GB differential between the 32 and 64 GB models (b) a 32 GB microSD card costs less and (c) the card allows for transportability of files.

It seems to be the only software you'd need in the internal storage are the OS and applications. For that, 32 or even 16 GB seems more than plenty.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by startac7868 View Post
    Why is internal storage an issue when an microSD card (a) can offer greater capacity than the 32 GB differential between the 32 and 64 GB models (b) a 32 GB microSD card costs less and (c) the card allows for transportability of files.

It seems to be the only software you'd need in the internal storage are the OS and applications. For that, 32 or even 16 GB seems more than plenty.
    Because apps aren't put on sd cards

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by thegame161 View Post
    Because apps aren't put on sd cards

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    This. Some apps are pretty large, and some people like to have a lot of apps.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:
    kikaha 
    kikaha likes this.

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

It's not just apps, it's APP DATA. Games come in (2) parts. the initial game d/l of a 300-400MB then there is the 1.5GB of app data that actually loads the maps and content. As I have commented elsewhere before DEVELOPERS ARE LAZY. I don't give a rats behind if only 1 or 2 OEM's offer microSD on the phones, many still do on the tablets and in fact the tablets are getting worse with 8/16GB storage options which is a JOKE. I want the game fully on the card or the app data on the card.

This is actually pretty simple. Internal storage works with everything no matter what. A SD card on the other had only works with side loaded content, and if you are lucky some apps if they code it to provide it as a option. If 64GB was an option right now I would jump on it

Those SD cards seem to also work slower. I could swear my S3 saves pictures from the camera slower than with the internal memory.

And yes, the 16gb option taken away from the big bad carriers is the most best favor samsung could ever have done for the customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Botti View Post
    Those SD cards seem to also work slower. I could swear my S3 saves pictures from the camera slower than with the internal memory.

And yes, the 16gb option taken away from the big bad carriers is the most best favor samsung could ever have done for the customers.
    Depends on the sd card, a quality uhs-1 class 10 card will seem just as fast as nand storage(user perception, not numbers) a cheapo card will definitely slow things down.

I have an iPhone(for three mor weeks!) and I am sick if having to choose apps or media, there isn't room for both and I'd have to buy a new phone to increase it. An hd movie is 4 or 5 gigs, minimum. Oth, my wife surfs the web, plays candy crush and pandora, 16 is more than she'll ever need, so to each their own
    kikaha likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JB802 View Post
    Depends on the sd card, a quality uhs-1 class 10 card will seem just as fast as nand storage(user perception, not numbers) a cheapo card will definitely slow things down.
    Sorry, but I cannot fully agree with you on this one. My card is Samsung Pro 64GB Class 10 SDXC MicroSD, but it is still clearly slower on my phone than the internal memory. You might be right that the cheap card would be even worse, but the main problem is probably on the phone's reader itself. Note3 might of course be better on this.

As far as your wife goes, yes, I'm sure there are plenty of people who require little or not at all extra space. However, the problem is that the carriers seem to care only about them. We heavy users mean nothing to them.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by startac7868 View Post

A lot of games are 500MB and up.
    I've had a few games that were over 1GB.
    And don't forget the OS.
    On the S4 the OS and built-in apps took up about 7GB IIRC. That doesn't leave a whole lot of space for high quality games.

All newer 3d Gameloft and EA games are at least 1.2gb and that is the low side.

No point in arguing since some people like to assume their own standards on others whether they mean to or not.
    Thanked by:
    kikaha