It is official note 3 has an pentile display

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I don't care what type it uses. With the amount of pixels per inch nowadays, you're not seeing a huge difference. That and no one looks at their smart phone with a magnifying glass to nit pick how "terrible" their pentile display is. I've had no problem with my GS3 display. I welcome higher resolution.

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I don't care what type it uses. With the amount of pixels per inch nowadays, you're not seeing a huge difference. That and no one looks at their smart phone with a magnifying glass to nit pick how "terrible" their pentile display is. I've had no problem with my GS3 display. I welcome higher resolution.

I agree with everything you stated, I just wanted to share some articles concerning this type of display.

http://www.extremetech.com/computin...-is-much-better-than-the-s3-ties-the-iphone-5

Roundpotato

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily I read numerous article that stated the galaxy s4 has one of the best display on a smartphone, also stated the quality was the same as a HD TV.

Galaxy S4 Display Technology Shoot-Out

Study shows display on Samsung Galaxy S4 trumps its predecessor, matches the Apple iPhone 5

I looked at the S4 in the Verizon store and I could still make out the pixels. I think it'll be acceptable though (Maybe not since the screen's so much bigger), unlike the the Galaxy Nexus, which was my first Amoled device, and which shocked me since it was 720p and I could still see the pixels so easily (On my OG Droid I could hardly make them out).

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I looked at the S4 in the Verizon store and I could still make out the pixels. I think it'll be acceptable though (Maybe not since the screen's so much bigger), unlike the the Galaxy Nexus, which was my first Amoled device, and which shocked me since it was 720p and I could still see the pixels so easily (On my OG Droid I could hardly make them out).

If you could make out the pixels on the S4 the gov't may be looking for you soon. Watch out, they have a job for you, and I hear the pay is bad and you can't refuse.

Sony XTZ

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I for one am glad its settled and for those who don't like the display technology can cancel their pre-orders (if they want) that simply will allow others to bump up in line to get theirs sooner. I personally don't have an issue and like the GN3 all the same.

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Why the hell can't we just get a decent unit? Samsung uses a Pentile screen. HTC drops their HTC One Max strorage to 16 gigs. Jesus, at this rate if I want a bigger screened phone that is any good I'm going to have to get Sony's 6.4 inch one. Why can't we just get a phone that actually gives us everything, considering the astronomical prices they expect us to pay for these things?

Ans let's not even get into Apple's pricing for the 5S. They're just on crack.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Why the hell can't we just get a decent unit? Samsung uses a Pentile screen. HTC drops their HTC One Max strorage to 16 gigs. Jesus, at this rate if I want a bigger screened phone that is any good I'm going to have to get Sony's 6.4 inch one. Why can't we just get a phone that actually gives us everything, considering the astronomical prices they expect us to pay for these things?

Ans let's not even get into Apple's pricing for the 5S. They're just on crack.

You're right. Apocalypse is coming and the end of the world is nigh because under a magnifying glass you can see pixels! lol

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

Wow you have some great eye site, I've seen the s4 couldn't see the pixels, I also purchased the Gnex. Super Amoled was not the best with the pentile, I purchased the s3 display was a lot better than the gnex. I have the note 2, display is not pentile but RGB, excellent screen. However I've seen the s4 display OMG compared to my note 2 you can tell tell 720 to 1080p. 1080 hands down excellent screen.

Last edited:

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The thing is, no one knew it was definitely a pentile screen until today. If this information never came out, no one would be the wiser and everyone would still agree that it has an outstanding display. If someone can discern pixels at 386 ppi, I feel sorry for you as you'll never be satisfied.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Well I for one am glad its settled and for those who don't like the display technology can cancel their pre-orders (if they want) that simply will allow others to bump up in line to get theirs sooner. I personally don't have an issue and like the GN3 all the same.

I have always had issues with pentile, but at 1080 HD? That is ridiculous. :cool:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The thing is, no one knew it was definitely a pentile screen until today. If this information never came out, no one would be the wiser and everyone would still agree that it has an outstanding display. If someone can discern pixels at 386 ppi, I feel sorry for you as you'll never be satisfied.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

I think what it boils down to is that it doesn't matter what it is. There will always be people who look for things to complain about. LOL, there will probably be people who buy the phone so that they can complain this.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
We can't really judge what the screen will look like until we have one in our hands. I personally don't care what type of screen it has as long as it looks clear.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

adventure95004

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I haven't found a pentile screen that works outdoors in Florida sunshine, I really wanted to get the gn3 but about 80%of my use is outside.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan