Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 worth it?

Will this be "the phone" to get when it comes out? THE ONLY THING holding me back is the size. For the people that were hesitant on getting the note 2 because of the side can you tell me if it was worth it and are you upgrading to the note 3? Thanks guys. Just debating on getting the 5s, going back to the s4, or holding out for the note 3!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Default Re: Note 3 worth it?

I have big *** hands so it was no issue at all.... LOL.

Seriously from other owners that have the phone most says the size is intimidating for a couple of days but you quickly get used to it and won't know how you made it through with such a smaller phone.

Sent from my SG Note Deux using Tapatalk 4
    karsdroid likes this.

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaskedMamba View Post
    I have big *** hands so it was no issue at all.... LOL.

Seriously from other owners that have the phone most says the size is intimidating for a couple of days but you quickly get used to it and won't know how you made it through with such a smaller phone.

Sent from my SG Note Deux using Tapatalk 4
    Totally agree, I don't know how I ever got along with a smaller screen. I can't imagine replacing this phone (note 2) with anything but the Note 3.

I started my Android use with the S3 and was definitely not sure about the Note 2 size. But then I also have large hands, so I went for it after reading all the positive reviews. Note 2 is the best phone I've ever had and hope to soon be topped by the Note 3.

Posted via Android Central App from my Note 2.
    karsdroid likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Connert View Post
    Totally agree, I don't know how I ever got along with a smaller screen. I can't imagine replacing this phone (note 2) with anything but the Note 3.

I started my Android use with the S3 and was definitely not sure about the Note 2 size. But then I also have large hands, so I went for it after reading all the positive reviews. Note 2 is the best phone I've ever had and hope to soon be topped by the Note 3.

Posted via Android Central App from my Note 2.
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by maryjane2300 View Post
    Will this be "the phone" to get when it comes out? THE ONLY THING holding me back is the size. For the people that were hesitant on getting the note 2 because of the side can you tell me if it was worth it and are you upgrading to the note 3? Thanks guys. Just debating on getting the 5s, going back to the s4, or holding out for the note 3!

The bigger phones are nice. I had the note 2 now i have the g pro. I like them cause i do alot of reading on my phone. If u have small hands and/or use ur phone alot with one hand it kinda sucks. Its very hard reaching across the screen. If u have small pockets it sucks because it tends to stick out or just hit everything to. If ur hesitant id say not to go for it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

If you use your phone more than just calling, texting, and crapping all over your friends FB feed with pics of your crib midgets, the size is worth it especially for productivity. Are you gonna whip it around like a iphone, not in this lifetime.

my dad has a note 2 and it feels fine in my hands..i love the big screens now and even my S4 the screen isn't as big as it could be so hense getting the note 3 ha.

well unfortunately, you are on a note 3 forum, so most opinions are biased towards the note 3, but the good thing is, the return window. you can always try it out and see how it feels. I am going from a 4.3 inch screen to a 5.7 inch (my 4.7 inch phone broke recently) so the jump will be significantly. but if size is a factor, i look at al the pros and cons, and I always count the cons as 2 points, since cons have a bigger impact than pros. but this phone is going to be great for me, the size adjustment is going to be odd at first, but i can get used to it.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.

I'm 5'4" with typical lady's hands. I have the original Note and can't wait until my Note 3 ships. I always had physical keyboards on past smart phones so I wasn't used to one handed use anyway. I LOVE my Note. Was so envious of Note 2, I ran out and bought the Note 10.1 to get the dual window/ multi-tasking. There are now other sizes to choose from but the features of the Note family are unique and quickly become a valuable tool. If you find yourself often looking for scraps of paper to write quick notes on, get to stores and try to remember dimensions of something, or ingredients, whatever, you'll love how easy it is to find all that information at hand on your phone on an Snote. Plus, it's rather fun to have people in line glancing over at you writing or reading on your phone and asking what is it and where can they get one!

Quote Originally Posted by J HighNote View Post
    I'm 5'4" with typical lady's hands. I have the original Note and can't wait until my Note 3 ships. I always had physical keyboards on past smart phones so I wasn't used to one handed use anyway. I LOVE my Note. Was so envious of Note 2, I ran out and bought the Note 10.1 to get the dual window/ multi-tasking. There are now other sizes to choose from but the features of the Note family are unique and quickly become a valuable tool. If you find yourself often looking for scraps of paper to write quick notes on, get to stores and try to remember dimensions of something, or ingredients, whatever, you'll love how easy it is to find all that information at hand on your phone on an Snote. Plus, it's rather fun to have people in line glancing over at you writing or reading on your phone and asking what is it and where can they get one!
    I'm 5' 4.5" and my hands aren't huge so I've been a two-thumb typist on my phone...so I'm sure the size of the Note 3 won't take much getting used to.

I don't have a Note -- still using the original Galaxy Nexus -- but all those things you described are reasons why I can't wait for this phone.

i have the note 2 and am 5' 3".....one handed operation on any large phone gets dicey, but then i didn't get the phone for one handed operation. anyone who sees that as a priority might want to rethink this phone. that said i love love the note 2 and am excited about the software upgrades to the spen. i had absolutely no problem with the size, that was the point for me, to be able to surf the web, read emails, watch movies and tv, take notes, read books, etc without needing a magnifying glass. i could never go back to anything smaller or without the spen.

I went from an S3 to a Note 2 and I couldn't imagine trying to use a smaller phone now. Sure it was intimidating and awkward at first, but after a week of use I became more comfortable. Great for two-handed typing, Swyping, etc. Viewing and editing photos. Watching media. MULTIWINDOW I could go on and on about how a bigger screen helps. My husband has an S2 and I hate that freakin' small thing when I have to use it. It's difficult to type on a smaller device after using mine for so long. I'm not worried about the transition this time after coming from a Note 2.
    Error

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

I am 5"0' and have petite hands. I went from the iPhones to an S4. I had the Note 2 but returned it because of camera issues. Opted for the S4.
    The size was perfectly fine. I had to adapt when pocketing but I adored the size and functionality.

I will be getting the N3 at release.

Equal Opportunity Gadget Lover
    Huggin' it out with my Moto X, iPad Air & Macbook Pro

This is my first time owning a note 2 and I love it. I've been a apple fangirl for years and I was so reluctant to change to anything but one day I just got tired of apple and here I am. I used to make fun of All my friends who had this thing because it's big as ever but now that I own one, I love it. I just got this one so I am not sure why I need the note 3 but after its been out a few months, I will most likely upgrade to it.

Posted via Android Central App

I was reluctant a year ago to move into a HTC DNA because of its size ( the best screen ever..... ) but after about a day the 5" screen simply disappeared as a concern - I have the same concern about moving to a Note 3 - hope it is not to big - I have huge hands so no worries there - more worried about fitting in pockets and such

My problem is less my small hands (I can barely use any new phone one-handed) and more my pocket size. I keep my phone in front, opposite my wallet. Hard to go to a store and try that out since they are all on wires

Global Posts
    6,096 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dontlookatme View Post
    I am going from a 4.3 inch screen to a 5.7 inch (my 4.7 inch phone broke recently) so the jump will be significantly.
    You call that a jump? I went from a 3.2 inch screen (the BB Torch 9810) to the 5.5 inch screen on the Note 2. Now that's a jump. And I'm sooo glad I made it. My only thoughts about jumps at this point is whether it's worth the one from the Note 2 to the Note 3.
    Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910A stock 4.4.4
    Nexus 10 stock 5.0.1
    Galaxy Gear NF1
    Oster 4093 blender (rooted, Espolón Reposado ROM)

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    You call that a jump? I went from a 3.2 inch screen (the BB Torch 9810) to the 5.5 inch screen on the Note 2. Now that's a jump. And I'm sooo glad I made it. My only thoughts about jumps at this point is whether it's worth the one from the Note 2 to the Note 3.
    I made the same jump and equally glad I did.

I also share your reservation about the upgrade to GN3 because the GN2 is such a wonderful phone. Best phone I have ever had (so far). Hard to believe there is better to be had, but I have ordered the GN3 anyway

Yes, I have a Note 2 and it was definitely worth it. Yes, I am upgrading because I like everything about the Note 2, and this will be more ofthe same.

Only had the Note 2 for a week and I wish I had gotten one sooner. By far the best phone I've ever owned. I think it's way better then the HTC one and the S4, and I've owned both. I have big hands so the Note is comfortable for me.

Don't see anything on the Note 3 that could really sway me away from this Note 2. It's a year old and it can handle everything I throw at it with no problems. Sure the camera & screen resolution will be better on the Note 3, but nothing that is a drastic improvement.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

The size ain't problem, but weight could be. Good thing they made this one lighter than the previous version. Still, it is little bit heavier than my S3. I wonder if better grip from the larger body, or natural need to use both hands, compensates the added weight? In either case, I'm sure I'll survive.

Better screen (1080p), better camera, more mem 3GB, better functionality all over. I only upgrade it its faster and better resolution. As with that...other phone. I will probably upgrade I love the note 2 and was a iphone owner from day one. Have had the note 2 since release date.

For the first time, today held a GN2 in my grubby hands, and was surprised how large it was. At least for me, definitely not a phone to be operated with one hand. Even though GN3 is supposed to be a bit narrower and slimmer, it's going to require some serious getting used to.

Its worth it to me. Better screen resolution. Better camera. Updated S Note. 3gb of ram. Scrap booker. Magazine.
    Ive been so extremely happy with the Note 2 for almost a year now.. and the Note 3 promises to be even better.. significantly better.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast