Did/Will the Galaxy Note Replace your Tablet?

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey All!

I'm making the jump to the GN3 when it releases on Verizon. I have been contemplating the functionality and if I will in fact still require my tablet.

My gadget list is as follows:
Macbook quasi-permanently tethered to a external monitor (we use it as if it is a desktop).
Chromebook for school
iPad Mini
Samsung S4 (to be replaced by the GN3)

I currently use my iPad Mini (7.9 inch screen) to surf the net, play arcade games like Candy Crush, read books and have my Bible with me (yay for youversion!)

I'm thinking all of these can be achieved by my GN3 and I can trim the gadget fat - but am afraid that I may be overlooking something.

Do you still use a tablet?
Is reading on the Note taxing on the eyes?

Thanks for your insight guys!

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
It all depends on what you use your tablet for... I have some apps (1 or 2) that i have to use a tablet because the mobile app just isn't as good... For the most part my note2 does the job ... However I did find myself using my tablet again to complete my workout video(insanity) in the gym prior to me lifting... Because my note2 just isn't big enough for that... So 85% of the time my note2 does it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
No, not for me. It won't replace my Note 8.0 or 10.1 but it will work very well in the Trinity it'll complete while still being highly portable and highly versatile.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
It all depends on your requirements. I don't use my iPad as much as I used to. I only use it now to initiate movie streams between my PC and Apple TV. (I actually found an Android app that might achieve the same function, but have to play with it)

Everything else I've been able to accomplish on my N2

Sent from my SG Note Deux using Tapatalk 4

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Note 2 last year for that reason and haven't found a need to buy a tablet since.
Now with the Note 3 having a 5.7" display should make that decision a bit easier....that's why they call it a "Phablet";)

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes and no. I use my Note2 for a replacement for my ipad, but it can't replace my Windows 8 Pro tablet.

Posted via Android Central App from my Note 2.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I returned my GS4 for the GN3 and sold my ipad Mini for the GN10.1 2014 Edition. It was very easy to do, the hard part has been a flip phone and no tablet which I need for work so if Samsung can't deliver soon I have to get something else tablet wise.

snsn

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I had an S3... then replaced it with a Note 2... then replaced that with a S4... and now also have a Note 8...and n-o-w I want the Note 3....
so which should I get rid of????

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I had an S3... then replaced it with a Note 2... then replaced that with a S4... and now also have a Note 8...and n-o-w I want the Note 3....
so which should I get rid of????

You sound a lot like me, as I did exactly the same thing. That's funny. Toys. Toys are an important food group.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
so i found my note 2 totally took over for my transformer prime, but then i got a note 8 and that tends to trump the note 2.....so we'll see what happens with the note 3. i do have a hankering for a new note 10.1 but we'll see. the note 8 really has been the sweet spot size wise, i think i'm just bored and want something new.

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have been eyeing the Note 8, I just was holding on to my one last bit of iOS to take advantage of the apps I have invested in. There are a few apps that do not have Android versions that I would miss - I would adapt, but miss them nonetheless.

I also have a hard time dealing with the price of the Note 8, when I had whined forever about the price of the iPad Mini.

I guess I just need to analyze how I use my iPad Mini once I get my GN3 and see if I can just sell it to downsize a bit.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Until I get to play with it, I honestly can't tell whether it would replace my current tablet. In all likelihood, the only thing I will replace my iPad 2 with would be an iPad 5 or a Note 10.1 2014 edition.

Lifeski

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I have wondered the same thing. I have an Ipad 3 and carry it everywhere but I think the GN3 will replace it in a lot of areas. There are some things that I am sure I will still want the Ipad for but I suspect my purse is now going to be a lot lighter on a day to day basis.

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Some things are good on the phone others are better on the tablet.

Note one
Nexus 10

Posted via the Amazing Android Central App (Patent Pending)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I want the Note 3 so bad but its not like I'd do anything really different on it...maybe use the S-Pen sometimes. But it'd be...My Precious. I'd put a case on it and a nice screen protector. ...and...and, I'd never drop it...or let the kids touch it. ...and I'd pet it every day. I'd feed it a high quality micro SD card (spelled Sandisk Extreme). I'd clean it and never put it in my pocket with lint and stuff.

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been wanting a tablet or a Kindle Fire HD...as I've been reading more & more on my phone.

Now, with the N3, it may just delay my want of a tablet for ebooks because of that nice, big screen...for another couple of years.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia