Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By SSG_Gunz
  • 1 Post By livetoride4666
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ran into the Note 3 today

Well I went to Best Buy today to get my GS4 fixed and lucky me a rep from Samsung actually had an GN3 in hand. At 1st I thought it couldn't be and then I saw the box that it comes in (Look like the same box as the GS4) and inquired about it. And man this phone looks awesome. Not as squareish as I originally thought and very comfortbale in the hand. And also the back that everyone is talking about (leatherish) feels great and gives the phone a kinda elegant look. Then he told me they would be available at Best Buy starting Oct 4th for all carriers except Verizon (sounds about right) which should be out at Best Buy about a week later. Played with it briefly and it's really fast, great screen, and he told me that it syncs with other Note devices. Which I don't think they ever reported in any of the reveals I've seen but my assumption is that it's kinda like when they diplayed the G2 and LG tablet doing the same. He didn't really go into a lot of detail.
    Just thought I'd let you guys know that plan on getting one from Best Buy instead.
    Thanked by 15:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Ran into the Note 3 today

Thanks. I can't wait for mine.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

The Note 3 looks to be just awesome. Quite the device indeed.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"
    Live long and prosper.

Cool story bro...thanks for sharing.

I wounder if all the iDrones at BB today where like "that phone is too big and ugly."

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

All carriers excluding Verizon which will come a week later....did you ask if that includes Sprint too, after all, we haven't heard a thing from them about when they will release their version of the phone.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Awesome, thank you for the heads up!
    I will have to see if our Best Buy Samsung Rep has one laying around that I can see =)

Equal Opportunity Gadget Lover
    iPhone 5s & Galaxy Note 8 Tablet
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Surprisingly enough the sales rep said they had a hard time pushing the new iphones....or rather it's not really that surprising.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    All carriers excluding Verizon which will come a week later....did you ask if that includes Sprint too, after all, we haven't heard a thing from them about when they will release their version of the phone.
    Didn't ask about Sprint but I just assumed he included Sprint on the same release date.

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I just hope that when the Note 3 does touch down it does so without any issues. No bugs, no lags, no camera issues...just pure DarkSideofTheForce. I'm so psyched to see this one hit the streets.
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:

It says online it is available on 9/27.

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

There's gonna be lines. I'm trying to hold off a little while but if reports are good in the first week or so with no major issues...I might have to jump in.
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by infenit101 View Post
    It says online it is available on 9/27.

I always thought the official ETA from AT&T was October 1st? I will stop by my local Best Buy, and ask the Samsung experience rep to see what he says, because the AT&T store manager I asked yesterday couldn't give me an ETA. I hope there's no lines, and I can get this phone without a hitch day 1.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I just hope that when the Note 3 does touch down it does so without any issues. No bugs, no lags, no camera issues...just pure DarkSideofTheForce. I'm so psyched to see this one hit the streets.
    Aren't there always some minor bugs with pretty much any new groundbreaking device?

Sent from my old HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemaker24 View Post
    Aren't there always some minor bugs with pretty much any new groundbreaking device?

Sent from my old HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk 4
    ...but does there have to be? As much as I'm psyched for this device I wouldn't consider it groundbreaking. Not after the Note and Note 2.
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

The Note series have always appeared to be too big for me and I never considered one. Your comment about the form factor have me thinking about one.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Srk, I myself was skeptical as well, as I went from an iPhone to an s3, then to the note 2 just a month later. Initially the phone was huge to me, and I was on the fence with it. Within a week, even with the shock comments from friends, family, and Co workers, my only reply started to become "it's not that big", then eventually I found it awkward to use my girlfriends s3. I'm on the s4 right now since I sold the note 2 last month, and the girlfriend will get the 4 after I get the note 3. Which ps was a mistake on my part, I won't downsize to sell the note 3 early!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

There will be no lines. I guarantee you will be able to walk into any store and buy one no problem. Not to talk down the device, because I'm getting one but there will be no lines.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    XChrisX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by livetoride4666 View Post
    There will be no lines. I guarantee you will be able to walk into any store and buy one no problem. Not to talk down the device, because I'm getting one but there will be no lines.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Good to know, I work close to a corporate AT&T store so I can't wait!
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Cool! I pre-ordered mine from Verizon and I should have it the week of October 14th.

I have enjoyed my Note 2 immensely and this sounds like it's going to be even better!

Only 4 days and 22 hours until I'm going to be able to put my dirty hands on the Note3. Counting seconds already.

Edit: hah, almost forgot, the old customers can cheat 17 hours from that. So it is 4 days and 5 hours

I live in South Korea and I'm getting my Note 3 on September 25th!