What Brand & Model of SD Card do you Suggest? SanDisk? PNY? Kingston? Others?

DalTXJim

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of purchasing either a 32GB or 64GB for the Note 3's we have on order. SanDisk has "Ultra" / "Extreme" / "Extreme Pro". While the Extreme Pro seems to be a bit overkill, does anyone have a suggestion on whether to use Extreme vs Ultra? How about some of the other brands? Are they worth looking at also? Costco has a 64GB PNY Professional X at $50, but I'd like some feedback on PNY. Thanks for any suggestions/comments!

EDIT: If SanDisk is having a problem with their 64GB cards, then perhaps I will go with Samsung, to see how they hold up. Anyone have suggestions for a REPUTABLE online company to purchase them from?

Last edited:

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I've always used Sandisk. I've only had one compact flash (5+ years old) and one micro sd card fail on me over numerous years. The micro sd that failed was from the notorious batch of bad 32/64GB ultras produced that were used in the S3. If our Note 3's are capable of 4k video then I would say Extreme, if you're not worried then I'd say you're fine with an Ultra, that's what I'll be sticking with (I already use a 32GB Ultra micro SD). PNY I would put second and Kingston below them. This is coming from experience in digital photography for years.

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I've used a lot of Sandisk 32 gigs in my tablet with no trouble. I've had a little trouble with PNY and Patriot. I have a Sandisk Ultra 64 gb drive I am preloading in anticipation of my Not3. I got the Ultra at Costco.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I would highly recommend NOT getting SanDisk, I would recommend getting Samsung microSD and get the 64GB its around $50-60 and worth the extra storage. The SanDisk is the same price point but I have had way too many issues with their memory these days and warn users away from them. From thumb drives to a 64GB microSD of theirs that constantly fails on me cause corrupted data.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Do we know if the Note 3 will be UHS-1 compatible. A SanDisk Extreme at full speed would be quite nice. My 64GB Extreme has proven to be a lot more durable than my SanDisk Ultras.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would highly recommend NOT getting SanDisk, I would recommend getting Samsung microSD and get the 64GB its around $50-60 and worth the extra storage. The SanDisk is the same price point but I have had way too many issues with their memory these days and warn users away from them. From thumb drives to a 64GB microSD of theirs that constantly fails on me cause corrupted data.

Agreed. I've had sandisk in all my Samsung tablets with no issues. But tried 3 different sandisk 64gb cards in S4 and had nothing but problems with mount/UN Mount, corrupt files and lost files. Installed a Samsung 64gb and haven't had any problems since. If you are going to purchase card just for note 3, I would suggest getting Samsung. Save yourself a headache. If you have a sandisk already, try it but beware.

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The SanDisk 64GB has been the most problematic of all their memory cards I have when using them in my Samsung devices. Not sure what the issue is,but corrupted data has always followed shortly after formatting and use.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I've never had problems with pny sdcards, they perform quite well, and are a reasonable price.

I agree as well, it seems that Samsung devices have major problems with sandisk sds.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've never had problems with pny sdcards, they perform quite well, and are a reasonable price.

I agree as well, it seems that Samsung devices have major problems with sandisk sds.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
It seems Samsung and the Sandisk Ultra series micro SDs don't get along so great. ...but the Sandisk Extreme has been great in S4 and Note 8.0.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38