4K video

bellamyepl

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been searching 80 times a day for new articles on the Note 3 while I am impatiently waiting for AT&T to release it on the 1st of October (hopefully get it sooner since I pre-ordered it). I came across a couple of articles today about the US versions not being able to record 4K video.. I was wondering if anyone has heard or read anything about it and could share some insight!? Phil? Alex? AC team?
Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Release Date Nears: No 4K Video Recording On U.S. Models?

AcemanX AcemanX

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
what? thats crazy, it's been mentioned in all the reviews, and it's in most of the specs ive seen, why would they rob us of that? those sons of sakajuweeya!

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
It's the Exynos that can't do 4K video. Your linked article mentions that some us carriers are listing it as a supported feature. The early US reviews have all commented on it. I think the US will get it as it's part of the Snapdragon 800 feature set.

With as few 4K screens as there are in the US, I'm not feeling strongly about it one way or the other personally.

bellamyepl

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have read the articles about the international versions and that they will definitely not have the 4K video capabilities and that the snapdragon was the only one capable and the reviewers and Samsung stated that there would be the 4K video. Then some of these articles came about that Qualcomm doesn't have it listed on their site that their chipset supports it and I looked at the AT&T (didn't look at the other carriers sites) site and it only said that it was 1080p capable.

I don't think it's too big of a deal either since uploading 1080 videos anywhere is a long process and 4K would be worse plus unless you want to spend a ridiculous amount of dinero on a flat screen with 4K picture, no one can really take advantage of it.

I was just hoping one of the AC fellas heard or read something about it and could shed some light on it.

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
If you have anything that playback 4k video sure 4K would be nice..... not even the Note 3 will display native 4k content.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't really care much either, but it might be interesting to take individual frames out of a 4K video and get 8MP pictures at 30 frames/second.

bellamyepl

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't really care much either, but it might be interesting to take individual frames out of a 4K video and get 8MP pictures at 30 frames/second.

That is the reason why I am inquiring.. I want to be able to take those pictures.. I guess we will just wait and see..