Where do you buy your phones?

Beagles329

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm just wondering where people buy their phones at? In the past I've used the a Verizon corporate store and Costco but this time I'm open to looking at other places.

What are people's thoughts about Best Buy, Amazon or Wirefly? How are they with dealing with issues and returns/exchanges?

Thoughts?

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I buy my phones usually at a Verizon store, and occasionally at a Best Buy. I don't like buying my phones online because I'm not a patient person lol. Plus another reason I prefer going to a store is so I can try out the phone and see if I like it before I decide to pull the trigger. I never had any issues dealing with returns/exchanges with either of them.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have heard Wirefly is good with pricing. Not a bad route if you already know what you want.
I have done business with corporate, Walmart and Best Buy.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I usually get mine online, seem to always run into then issue with the local Verizon store running out of the color phone I want.

Sent from my SG Note Deux using Tapatalk 4

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Verizon stores, Verizon kiosk at BJs wholesale, and Verizon customer service/sales. And I'll be honest, I've had no troubles at any.

Posted via Android Central App

iggyhusband

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
All my previous phones I've purchased via upgrades at the Verizon store. This is the first time I've pre-ordered my next phone which is a Note 3, at the Verizon store again. I've never really thought about getting it at a different location.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Costco is great, 90 days exchange policy, compared to 14 days for verizon.

I have bought directly from Verizon, Costco, and best buy. I don't like best buy as much, but they do pm and I do get a $50 gc on top of the purchase price.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Beagles329

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the responses.

My Costco experience was very good. In addition to what people have mentioned above, Costco does not charge you the BS activation fee for a new phone, plus they always usually have an accessory package that's included, some of which may or may not be useful.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have used BB a few times in the past, typically Verizon corp store is where I go unless I do a pre-order. We have a Costco coming but it won't open until spring next year.

ttrain68

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello Raptor,
You seem to be really well informed and from reading your posts you have great information. I see in this post you are on Verizon...Do you have issues with them disabling features? If your contract was up today would you choose them or AT&T. I am currently on Sprint, what do you think of them?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Hello Raptor,
You seem to be really well informed and from reading your posts you have great information. I see in this post you are on Verizon...Do you have issues with them disabling features? If your contract was up today would you choose them or AT&T. I am currently on Sprint, what do you think of them?

Thank you. It's really tough to say honestly. I left Verizon back in the beginning of summer and after a 4 month stint on AT&T I just couldn't deal with the QOS (Quality Of Service) at my house or should I say lack there of. I live in a 4G signal but after months of getting 1 bar of Edge and being told to buy a Microcell I canceled, sold the phone (more than covered the ETF) and put the money back into my pocket.

Verizon does offer exceptional network coverage, BUT, they do treat their customers like serf's and have little regard or consideration for what customers want. It has been years since I was on Sprint and perhaps one day they will be closer to #2 in network coverage and QOS but right now unless Sprint is just not living up to your standards I wouldn't (personally) jump on AT&T. There are pluses for going with them, one being unlocked phones but until LTE becomes global and LTE bands appear on all phones like the GSM phones have getting a non-us phone means no US LTE.

Verizon is great coverage at a cost to your personal choice/freedom. I am hopeful every time that Verizon will actually NOT do something stupid on their phones like remove services, remove features, block functions, sadly they have failed me every time going all the way back to the Motorola V710 and the Bluetooth features they disable in 2005 Verizon Wireless Users Sue Over Disabled Bluetooth Features boy those were the days.

Still I choose to stay with the service and live with some functionality, the other carrier alternatives that are not as restrictive just (for me personally) don't live up to my needs.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Usually use best buy because their contact prices are generally cheapest. If buying full retail they are the last place to go as their retail prices are inflated. They give you ONE exchange within 15 days and that's it. If you get a defective device on your first go around and swap it out that's it, you can't return it and can't change your mind and want a different model. Battled them all the way to the district manager for that very scenario and they don't budge. They have the best prices usually just make sure everything on the device works before you leave the store and make sure it's the device you want.

Sent from my all black Moto X