Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Haalcyon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Hopeful.......

I am moving from the best smartphone I have ever owned - my beloved HTC DNA to the Note 3 on Verizon. About the only complaint I have with my DNA is it smallish quickly draining battery - at 2020 mAh and with my power use I am plugged in frequently and make use of my wonderful external hard charger - my Anker - which rocks 15,000 mAh of extra fast charging juice.

I am looking forward to the larger battery on the Note 3 but worry that with all of the increased functionality of the Note my utilization will only go up and I will use up that extra power quickly. I am hoping the change in the radio technology and the 3.0 USB faster charging helps........

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Battery Hopeful.......

Well if you do find your usage increases a lot you'll have the option of getting a larger capacity battery or just another same capacity spare. Gotta love that about Samsung.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"
    Live long and prosper.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I fondly remember earlier Droid phones for which I carried several slim batteries which easily and quickly popped in and out without the bulkiness of a external hard charger. I think HTC, imho, has the best form factor and build quality in the business ( holding a HTC One is glorious......) But I am eager to experience my FIRST Samsung. I hope the aftermarket makes a larger battery for the Note 3 without changing the dimensions and avoiding the size and bulkiness of a extended battery.....now that would really ruin the form factor of the Note 3 and its thinness ......even in my gargantuan hands!!

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Well, if the Note 2 and S4 are any indication there will be a plethora of high-quality aftermarket batteries. ...and some that will still fit under the stock battery cover.
    Live long and prosper.

Notrega likes this.