Best app to transfer everything over from s4 to note 3?

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
What is the best to use?

Backup pro?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Its called Google
Make sure all your contact are saved there. and when you sign back in.... whammo
It even backs up your game data and everything.

The only thing youll lose are you messages/call log/and home screen layout

or you can pay for an app. your choice

Tinnguyen123

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I think what the OP want, is an apps that can transfer all the data, not only contacts..

something that can instantly transfer all your old save games, app setting, page settings..

anyways.. that's what im looking for too.. if anyone know, please share the knowledge. :)

here's my story..
I been an android user, I switch from N1, s3, s4 and then finally the note 3. Every time i switched i encounters the same problem.. and every time i give up and started with a fresh phone..

So my objective has always been to keep all of my old apps along with its settings, page layout, etc from the previous phone, S4..

Here are the apps i bought.. they some what helps with the transition..

titanium backup ( app data back up, help greatly when switching from s3 to s4),
Go backup (2nd back up),
clock work ROM managers (useless for this situation, but good for wiping cache and installing clockwork recovery),
and i use Nova Launcher (excellent launcher with its own backup, places all ur apps to its original locations)..

I use each one of these for their specific function..

with that being said.. even with all of that.. i couldn't get the transition to go smoothly..
1) I let the phone do its the initial start up, let Google play do its things with syncing, installing/updating all of the apps from my S4 over..(but it didn't come with the data memory like games levels or apps settings)
2) then i tried to restore them all using titanium backup but once it was completed, all the app in the note 3 kept crashing...
3) then I did a factory reset, let Google play re-install my old apps and then ONLY restore my apps data.. same problem.. (maybe my restoring method was wrong.?)
4) then i decides to uninstall and re-install some apps..(those that crash)
uninstall, and reinstall fixes the crashing problem.. but i have to do it one by one.. (I have LOTS of apps/game)
also uninstalling wipe the apps "memory" which puts me back to square 1.. (maybe im not using the restore function right)

This morning.. I had 1/3 of the apps (the important ones) to function just as my S4.. along with using Nova Launcher (to restore my exact settings on s4) but when i restart the phone, it went in a loop (couldn't start the phone)
I did wipe cache (doesn't work)
then i have to factory reset in the recovery mode

and now.. im back with the stock rooted phone... Ima try to use Go Backup and see how it goes..

Marlon61

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I used titanium backup / restore much as described and Samsung touch wiz keeps crashing.

Both my s4 and note 3 are rooted.

Posted via Android Central App

The SPCS Guy

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Do NOT use Titanium backup to transfer files from the old phone to the new phone. There is a bug that will force close eveything on the new device and render it unstable. I learned the hard way whenI did that with my GN2 and xferred to my GN3.

I use a few different programs for backups:

For Apps/Text/SMS/MMS/Contacts/CallLogs/Calendrs/Bookarks: SMS Backup+ or Super Backup Pro I use both. Works wonders.
Of course you can use Google and download an extractred csv file from the Contacts section to backup your contacts, if you have them stored on Google.

boudicca00

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Will Samsung's SmartSwitch or Kies do what you want? I didn't change over from an S4, so I can't say it'll work from personal experience.

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I tried smart switch when I got my s4. It didn't work. Haven't looked at it again. But its technically what you're looking for. Idk if they fixed it or not.

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
My husband told me about Helium by ClockworkMod. He's used it and it works very well -- according to him. He walked me through it -- pretty simple -- and now all I have to do is wait until I get my N3. :D

Description
Helium is the missing app sync and backup solution for Android.
Helium does NOT require root. All Android users can use Helium to backup and sync Android applications.
Helium lets you backup your apps and data to your SD card or cloud storage. With Helium, you can sync app data from your other Android devices-- even if they are not on the same network. Set up backup schedules with Helium, and never lose data again.

Helium Setup
1. Install Helium on Android
a) Root user? You're done!
2. Install and run Helium Desktop (link below)
3. Connect Android to computer.
a) You may need to set your USB Connection Mode to "PTP". (Nexus 7, Nexus 10, etc)
4. Helium on Android should now be enabled.

Helium (Free) features:
Backup and restore to SD card
Backup and restore from PC

Helium (Premium) features:
No ads
Automatic Backup schedules
Android to Android sync
Cloud backup and restore
* Dropbox
* Box
* Google Drive

Note: Helium is NOT available to Motorola devices. This is because Motorola phones have a bug that break Android's backup mechanism. Until this is fixed by Motorola, Helium will not work on those Androids. You can download Helium manually here:
http://download.clockworkmod.com/apks/Backup.apk

If you find that Helium *does* work on your Motorola Android, please notify me.

Note: Some Sony devices have issues with Helium. This includes the Xperia S and Xperia Z. Sony has *disabled* backup on these devices completely.

Helium Desktop Installer (non-rooted users):
ClockworkMod Carbon
Why do you need so many Permissions?
Contacts - Backup call log and sms
SMS - Backup call log and sms
Accounts - Backup and restore from Drive
Phone State - Uniquely identify phone for Android to Android sync
Read Logs - Debugging and bug reports
Wifi - Make sure scheduled backups only happen on wifi

putsometrebleinit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If you don't plan on rooting then take Blanca's advice and use Helium. It works very well for this. If you do plan on rooting I would recommend titanium backup Pro. It is well worth the price for all of the extra features you get besides backup. And if you do plan on migrating app data then be aware that you could definitely run into stability issues regardless of what program you use. Thats not a titanium backup bug as was suggested before, that goes for any program when go to a different device. And NEVER migrate or restore system data. That is a surefire way to cause problems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Helium works great as mentioned above for app and app data

For contacts, sms, call logs, I use easebackup from the play store.
umuhabup.jpg

With root, you can also use easebackup to backup launcher layout and widgets.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro