Got My Note 3 Today..

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Whaat? Why? Unless there is a bug in the manufacturer's process, shouldn't the reset bring it to the exactly same situation as it was when you powered it in order to do the reset?

Don't ask me, I never do that but people swear by it. It might help in his case since something seems wrong.

Posted via Android Central App

KevLar72

May 20, 2013
Visit site
About how long does it take to charge the battery on the Note3 ? I'm really curious since the addition of USB 3.0 ..
Data transfer speeds should be blazin ! :cool:

mimac5000

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same issue - too bad there are no solutions here, and googling it brings up nothing either. brand new phone.
what is this IndexService and how can you make it stop killing the battery and causing problems??

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have not seen anyone comment on the most overlooked aspect of this device. How does the pr0n look on 1080p 5.7" display? If they get any bigger I may get an inferiority complex.

It depends how one feels about TOO MUCH DETAIL. There's some things you just don't need to see in 1080P.

I don't even want to think about it when 4k becomes available.

LOL

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have not seen anyone comment on the most overlooked aspect of this device. How does the pr0n look on 1080p 5.7" display? If they get any bigger I may get an inferiority complex.

Works great, if you have full-hd material. With the std feed it just shows how crappy the material really is. The Samsung video player is one of the best stream players around with android. On the Aebn you can skip parts freely. On the Nexus7 with bsplayer nor mxplayer was I able to do that. They just froze.

Posted via Note3

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
About how long does it take to charge the battery on the Note3 ? I'm really curious since the addition of USB 3.0 ..
Data transfer speeds should be blazin ! :cool:

USB 3 is still slower than the wall. Most USB AC power chargers can be up to 1.5amps while USB3 is only 900mA I think.

It depends how one feels about TOO MUCH DETAIL. There's some things you just don't need to see in 1080P.

I don't even want to think about it when 4k becomes available.

LOL

This is true.

dosolto

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I think that the "indexservice has stopped" is linked to the SD card.
I used my 64GB card from my S4 and had this problem.
The message appears after each reboot ad comes each 10 seconds.
I found a way to stop it by unmounting and mounting back the SD card. The message will stop until the next reboot.
I also tried to use a new formated 64GB sdcard and there is no error message.
I am now trying to copy all my files from the old card to the new one.
Will post the result here in a few minutes... or hours (64GB!!!)

dosolto

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Still transferring...
Just found another post on another forum saying that indexservice will crash while scanning files bigger than 200Mb... I have some... for sure...
Will see. If the problem persists, I will delete them to see.

dosolto

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Same problem....
Now I put a fresh formated 64 G memory... no error.
I will put back my folders one by one to see which one is the problem.
------
All files copied except the biggest (mp3 and videos folders)
Reboot without error.
Now copying the media files... maybe i missed one BIG file while deleting before.
------------
WOW ... really don't understand.
Just finished with the video files... some are bigger than 1G ! but no error.
Only the pictures left now.
--------------------
All copied now... except a folder called ".android_secure"... I don't know why but I can not copy it back.
Reboot without error
If anyone have an idea of what is this folder...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37