Samsung executive says model with curved screen will have October release date

not sure if this will help anyone decide or not....whether to stay with the note 3 coming out soon or wait for the "special edition"...

i'm still not waiting around.....i want my sure bet awesome phone now and am keeping my pre-order
    09-25-2013 07:09 PM
    Honestly, a flexible display would be nice cause it could be curved (still like the Nexus 4), but you can't expect the whole phone to be flexible. Plus, I would suspect it might help with screen cracks if the screen would flex when you drop it? I'm guessing...

but it's not like a flexible display means you're going to be able to fold your phone in half or roll it up like a straw and use it for spit-balls.
    09-25-2013 08:47 PM
    Honestly, a flexible display would be nice cause it could be curved (still like the Nexus 4), but you can't expect the whole phone to be flexible. Plus, I would suspect it might help with screen cracks if the screen would flex when you drop it? I'm guessing...

but it's not like a flexible display means you're going to be able to fold your phone in half or roll it up like a straw and use it for spit-balls.
    agreed...my concern is scratching....i do think protection from screen cracks would be nice, but i've never cracked a screen. scratch resistance is more important to me and i'm waiting to see how that falls out with the new display.
    09-26-2013 09:50 AM