Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rumor....curved display not flexible yet?

Samsung executive says model with curved screen will have October release date

not sure if this will help anyone decide or not....whether to stay with the note 3 coming out soon or wait for the "special edition"...

i'm still not waiting around.....i want my sure bet awesome phone now and am keeping my pre-order
    Last edited by karsdroid; 09-25-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Default Re: Rumor....curved display not flexible yet?

Honestly, a flexible display would be nice cause it could be curved (still like the Nexus 4), but you can't expect the whole phone to be flexible. Plus, I would suspect it might help with screen cracks if the screen would flex when you drop it? I'm guessing...

but it's not like a flexible display means you're going to be able to fold your phone in half or roll it up like a straw and use it for spit-balls.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Rumor....curved display not flexible yet?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    Honestly, a flexible display would be nice cause it could be curved (still like the Nexus 4), but you can't expect the whole phone to be flexible. Plus, I would suspect it might help with screen cracks if the screen would flex when you drop it? I'm guessing...

but it's not like a flexible display means you're going to be able to fold your phone in half or roll it up like a straw and use it for spit-balls.
    agreed...my concern is scratching....i do think protection from screen cracks would be nice, but i've never cracked a screen. scratch resistance is more important to me and i'm waiting to see how that falls out with the new display.