Does it make sense to go from a S4 to Note 3?

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I love the S4 but the note 3 is tempting. Who all will attempt to make the switch from S4 to Note 3 and why?

Posted via Android Central App

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm doing it, Bigger screen, and S Pen are the main reasons im switching. And I wanted the Galaxy Gear right now. So need the N3 for that also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Glad to hear that. Do you think the screen will be too big to handle or will we get used to it. 5 inches just seems perfect to me.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an S4, but I made the switch from the S3 to the Note 2 and when the S4 came out, I was disappointed. It wasn't enough to make me want to leave the Note line again. Check out the specs for yourself and see if it's enough to make you switch. I personally couldn't imagine going to a device with a smaller screen after using the Note 2. The Note 3 is just going to simply be better.

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Glad to hear that. Do you think the screen will be too big to handle or will we get used to it. 5 inches just seems perfect to me.

I originally came from the 4s iphone to s4 galaxy. Screen seemed big and it was what I wanted. But now im use to it and it feels normal size to me. So im going to assume I will feel the same way with the note3 after I start using it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a note 3 user yet, but I'll say that I did the switch from the s3 to the note2, then to the s4. Why I dunno, it seemed like smaller was going to be better but in the end I'm very disappointed with the s4. I'll say that I will be a note user from this point forward. The phone overall isn't that much bigger, and really after a couple days everything else will just seem too small. Just my 2 cents. I mean honestly if you have tiny hands and have no use for any of the specs on the note 3 then keep your s4, but if you don't mind the bigger phone and think that the note is for you, you'll adjust just fine! I know I can't wait to get away from the s4 I downgraded to

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I am going to hand off my s4 to my wife and selling her s3 and then get the note 3 for myself :)
I had the note 2 prior to the s4. It feels a little heavy sometine if I hold it long enough. The note 3 will be lighter so I guess it will be ok. Otherwise, I have 15 days to return :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I am. I had a nexus 10 and a S4. I really only used the nexus 10 on my breaks at work but the wifi is so horrible that I really couldn't use the tablet. So I sold it and am selling my S4 now and figured the Note 3 would be a nice combination of the two devices. I don't have any issues with my S4, it's a wonderful device. But the Note 3 should fit my needs well.

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Doing the switch from the S4 to the Note 3 as well. Going to sell the S4 to Gazelle so the $250 will cushion the blow of the $700 for the Note 3

snsn

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Gee...let's see....
does it make sense to go from an S3 to a Note 2...
and then to an S4...
and then to an Note 3....
I did...
and I will... :)

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I admit to S4 to N3 jumping as well. I want a capable DAC and I love blacked out apps but I also remember why I started using them. Blacked out apps are easier to see in direct sunlight. The N3 reportedly has top notch direct sunlight visibility.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I returned my GS4 after 12 days and activated a crappy flip phone, been rocking that about 3 weeks or so now and its really painful to deal with. So the GN3 for me at least IS worth it.

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I am very tempted but my only concern is the screen size. I don't have any qualms of using the device in Public. I just feel so right with the 5 inch screen on S4 so am a bit hesitant to go bigger. I have medium hands so the S4 just feels right.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Best advice, go to your store when they get the note 3 as a display model and give it a try for a few minutes. The display will seem huge, but after 2 weeks you'll grow accustomed to it. I mean there is a 14 day return policy as well....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC One and wanted to swap with S4 because my eyes got cataract operation and I can see better the fonts of Amoled screen (very high contrast).
The Note 3 would bee even better for my eyes but after trying a Note 2 at samsung shop I found it too big and nearly impossible to use one handed.
Also I am used to put my phone in my shorts when jogging,it will look very weird with a Note 3.
Also the price will surely be very different,I think about +150$ so I dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463