Galaxy Smart Dock for The Galaxy Note 3

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if Samsung is going to release a Smart Dock for the GNote 3 like they did for the GNote 2?

See Video:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does this dock not work with the Note 3? I know the phones are about the same size and I believe the ports are in the same area. Plus, these are called Galaxy docks and not made for a specific phone as far as I know.

KSY77

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ambassador,

Yes, the smart dock does work with the Note 3. I tested it out and posted the results here:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 works with the Smart Dock - YouTube

The only issue is that I use Ultimate Rotation to force the display into landscape mode, which cuts off some application along the bottom of my display. I hear a good app launcher like Apex Launcher can help resolve this issue. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

KSY77

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi again people,

Just in case you want to know, the Note 8 Tab also works with the smart dock. This guy called Javier posted the test on his youtube channel on the following link if you are interested:

Cheers!

revon

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Yes the note 2 dock works perfectly well for the note 3. I have a note 2 and the smart dock. My GF just purchased the Note 3 and i tried out the dock and all the features work well.
Only thing is its a USB 2.0 port, but there is not much difference in copying speeds.

You do however need Kies installed on ur PC or MAC.

rawdeadfish

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a dell 24" monitor that is capable of 1920 x 1080 and I am having resolution issues when using the note2 smart dock with my note3. everything is way too big on the monitor and I can't find a way to change the resolution that the dock is telling the monitor to use. So I end up with big text and the bottom chopped off, but everything else works great... anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

ojz0r

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Use nova launcher, you can costomize it too look just like touchwiz plus it works in landscape without any problems.

Allthough im with you on the part that it is way to big on a tv/screen. It would be great if there was a launcher that adjusted the phone to tablet mode when connected to mhl.

flailer

May 14, 2011
Visit site
i just receive a message on this topic:
"There's a new dock, although I've only seen it in pictures. The only difference is it should have a USB 3.0 connector. The Note 3 acts differently than the note 2, where the screen shuts off when you are docked to the smartdock, and that is definitely an improvement because that was one of the complaints about the note 2 on the smartdock."

I am getting most of my tips & tricks for use of my Note 3 from: The Daily Note 11/3 channel on Youtube.

Dirtdawg57

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that it displays in 1080p when connected to an Hd TV? I am getting mixed reviews, someone said that it will on display in 720 but he was using a monitor and I am not sure if it will work the same.

Hold Fast

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
That may be true. A year ago I bought a dock for my Galaxy S3. Just being curious, one day I plugged my Note 3 into it and it works just fine.

Hold Fast

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Does this dock not work with the Note 3? I know the phones are about the same size and I believe the ports are in the same area. Plus, these are called Galaxy docks and not made for a specific phone as far as I know.

That may be true. A year ago I bought a dock for my Galaxy S3. Just being curious, one day I plugged my Note 3 into it and it works just fine.

J Doogles

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
It wont sync with Kies on my Mac Samsung is really pissing me off on this one yes it displays HDMI, keyboard etc - but the basic function of syncing does not work for me

- - - Updated - - -

Did it work with Kies ?