Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By xderiwx
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Note 3 Cases

I'm planning on going naked with gn3, but I do like seeing what's out there for cases. If you have a good case or see a cool one through it on this thread.

Sent from my HTC One soon to be Note 3 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default re: Best Note 3 Cases

I'm really hoping someone makes a bumper case. I want to see and the exposed back cover but I still want protection for the corners. The Samsung logo on the back is really beautiful and I wouldn't want to cover that.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Haven't received my Note 3 yet, but I did receive my case. I don't like adding bulk and ruining the thin/slim form factor especially with the Note 3's size, so I went with a Spigen Ultra Fit. Really liking the look and feel of it so far. I had a similar case on my S3 by Rearth.
    verks and ska916jedi like this.

Im going with a slim light TPU case thats easy to grip. Its just so much more easier to hold with this kind of cover.

Sent from my SM-N900K using Tapatalk 2

I've ordered the s view wireless charging cover

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear 2

Does it have a lip at the front that sits above the glass (raised bezel) to protect from face down falls?

Quote Originally Posted by xderiwx View Post
    Haven't received my Note 3 yet, but I did receive my case. I don't like adding bulk and ruining the thin/slim form factor especially with the Note 3's size, so I went with a Spigen Ultra Fit. Really liking the look and feel of it so far. I had a similar case on my S3 by Rearth.

UGH, I wish I had a Note 3 I could get a case for. :-/
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMe11 View Post
    Does it have a lip at the front that sits above the glass (raised bezel) to protect from face down falls?
    Very slight. Maybe the thickness of a credit card.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Just FYI Spigen Slim Armor and Neo Hybrid cases have dropped $10 in price each. Check them out. Amazon.com: SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Protective [Slim Armor] [Metal Slate] Dual Layer Protective Case for Galaxy Note III - Metal Slate: Cell Phones & Accessories

I also placed an order ($10) just for the hell of it to see how the Chinese knock-off S-view covers are on ebay. Couldn't resist. Good seller feedback and I can't commit to $70 case sight unseen.

I just ordered the neo yesterday, the whole time I was wondering if I should wait lol. Darn it!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jayp1306 View Post
    I just ordered the neo yesterday, the whole time I was wondering if I should wait lol. Darn it!

Just curious, what made you decide to go with the neo hybrid instead of the slim armor?

Bought the Neo Hybrid, and will probably get a UAG case when they're out(Now that they've confirmed they went with the OG design). Ordered 2 other cases that were cheap too.
    Amazon.com: INVELLOP Tangerine Leatherette case cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Best Note 3 Cases-a1yxkxwjaxl._sl1500_.jpg$1.95
    Amazon.com: SUPCASE Samsung Galaxy Note 3/Note III Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid Case (Clear/Gray) - Not Fit Samsung Galaxy Note 2/Note II N7100: Baby
    Best Note 3 Cases-71bnd4zuuxl._sl1270_.jpg $8.99

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Between the Spigen Slim Armor and Neo Hybrid, which is slimmer?

To reply to both of you the neo is slimmer and that is why I went with it. Also, my girlfriend who is inheriting my s4 just ordered a slim Armor for that and I'm not impressed. Kind of the same bulk as the otter box commuter, and sharp like edges. I've used a neo before and it is a really slim option.

Diztronic TPU Cases - great quality and value IMO - $9.99!

Diztronic.com: Protective Cases for Mobile Phones

Quote Originally Posted by jayp1306 View Post
    To reply to both of you the neo is slimmer and that is why I went with it. Also, my girlfriend who is inheriting my s4 just ordered a slim Armor for that and I'm not impressed. Kind of the same bulk as the otter box commuter, and sharp like edges. I've used a neo before and it is a really slim option.

so i take it if you're going for protection, the slim armour>neo hybrid due to it being thicker? i'd get an otterbox (broke 2 phones from drops), but they dont seem to be making them yet, so i need something in the meantime

Quote Originally Posted by icnmayhem View Post
    so i take it if you're going for protection, the slim armour>neo hybrid due to it being thicker? i'd get an otterbox (broke 2 phones from drops), but they dont seem to be making them yet, so i need something in the meantime
    The neo is metal as opposed to the slim armor being plastic...I think. Don't quote me. Haha

The neo is not metal, it is a plastic ring. And it was her voice to get the slim lol. I gave her my best advice and I've already used an otterbox on the s4 for the past few months but she wants what she wants. I chose the neo for the slimness of it. And I don't think I'll use an otter for a note. They add to much bulk for my liking.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zach_alt View Post
    The neo is metal as opposed to the slim armor being plastic...I think. Don't quote me. Haha

The slim armor is plastic and TPU, I think. But the Neo-hybrid frame is polycarbonate and the cover is TPU. Tough choice. I assumed the neo-hybrid offered less protection. But is flashier and newer and therefore more expensive.

I ordered the luvvitte case on amazon, it has a tpu side and hard back, clear color.

I stay away from the neo hybrid, it's thin but breaks fairly easily when you take it off and on to switch out the battery. They did update it and it's stronger at the charge hole where my first one broke.

Another bad about the neo hybrid is that one drop on a hard surface and the plastic ring dents and scratches up very easily, no forgiveness. The color also starts to wear off and on my red neo hybrid, you can see the white base, the clearcoat also started to peel. I ended up getting a new white neo hybrid ring and it's better but 1 drop away from a big dent.

Thanks for the review of the neo! I'll be sure to be careful with it lol. I'm more trying to just not get oil and grease on the phone while I'm at work. I used to be big on the Otterbox and ultimate protection cases but I've started to just be more mindful. Also I don't really ever really use a spare battery. Even with the tiny s4. I'm always near a vehicle with one of my chargers or working in a house for work so I thieve there electricity if I really need to. I carried a spare battery only used it twice in the note while camping in northern New Hampshire.

Banned

In the past 2 years I don't think I've dropped my iPhone 4S once. I've got a TPU cover on it with no screen protector and have had no scratches. However, the Note 3 is significantly larger. Do you think it's worth it for me to get the Slim Armor or would I be better off not increasing its mass and getting the Neo-Hybrid? Good points have been brought up for both now. I've got the Slim Armor ordered and I guess I could always get the Neo-Hybrid as well and return the one I don't want.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jelly Bean 4.2.1

Thanks for posting about the reduced price on those Spigen cases. Bought both!