Galaxy Note 3 - Lock Screen Widgets

Hyunato

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I got my Note 3 yesterday and this is my first experience with TouchWiz and I'm having some trouble using lock screen widgets.

I enabled the option to allow multuple widgets, but now I have this annoying favorite apps widget that I just can't seem to remove. Has anyone had this issue?

lock screen widget.jpg

Also, I'm using a wallpaper from the Stark icon pack and when I want to set a lock screen wallpaper, it doesn't let me choose one from the Stark app. With the regular wallpaper I can. Any tips?

Thanks in advance

RBChamp

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't have one to play with yet but if it's similar to my girlfriends S4 that app comes up when you swipe from right to left in the top region of the lock screen.

Jay Sal

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
To change the lock screen, or your main wallpaper. You have to go to setting device and under personalization it will say lock screen, wallpaper and you can change it from there. Hope this answers some of your questions.

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
To add a widget to the lock screen, press the power button to go to sleep, then press the power button again to bring up the lock screen.

On the lock screen swipe from left to right near the top left about where the clock is. This should bring up another screen with a plus on it. Click the plus and select your widget. Now after that is selected, press and hold in the middle of the screen and drag your new screen to the right until it shows on the bottom that you are on the home release the screen.

You can setup multple lockscreens with widgets this way. If you have more than pne just swipe from left to right on the upper corner to get to one.

To delete a lock screem press and hold like you would to reposition and drag to the trashcan and it will be gone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Jai Pritchett

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
You obviously have not used the Note 3. No trash can. You only get the choice out of that app screen or camera. Stupid cause you can open it quicker if was on normal home page.

jrisch

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why Jai says the previous contributor hasn't used a note 3 as his description of how to delete a lock screen is perfectly correct and there is a trash can symbol.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

ballisticn8

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
There were a lot of nonsense answers above so I skipped past instead of reading all the way thru since I have a Note 3 in hand. The multiple widgets option automatically enables a setting in that submenu. By turning it on you are enabling either Favorite Apps or Camera. Click on the option where you enabled Multiple widgets and select Camera if you don't want that Favorite Apps folder popping up. Once on your lockscreen you should be able to swipe left to right to switch to a left screen that should present with the option to add a custom widget to the lockscreen. Let me know if this makes sense and you were able to figure it out.

As far as setting the wallpaper in Stark as a lockscreen background, its possible, you just have to get around it. Open up the Stark app, Click on wallpappers, click on the wall you want and select save to device. Once its saved open up gallery, open that picture, menu set as lock screen. I dont have Stark but I do have Nox and Lustre and that function works the same in both of those apps which are also put out and designed by Kovdev, the dev that made Stark, Tersus, and more.

Ryan Yeager1

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Holy crap, I've been trying to figure this out for a week and finally did. It is annoying and was driving me batsh!t.

Go to the lock screen and slide over to one of the apps, now push that little gear on the bottom right. If that doesn't work keep messing with the damn phone in the lock screen until you open the lock screen menu.

One option is "disable home base", push it and wait (my phone took like 30 seconds to load the next screen). It will now ask it you are sure you want to disable the "home base base". Select HELL YES PLEASE. It will now be gone, anyone who's had this problem knows it is annoying and sucks. Thank God mine's fixed. Hope this helps.