What is needed for HDMI out on the Note 3

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
It's supposed to support HDMI out, but which cables and adapters work with the new USB 3 port. Still the same old USB 2 stuff?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I would hope any compatible MHL Cable for the Galaxy S3 and S4 will work. Not all are made the same though. I am pretty sure the MHL I have for my OG Note won't work. It would be nice if they would just release the CC SDK and let some developers create a mirror function for android to CC.

What I really want to know is if the Galaxy Note 2 Desktop Dock with USB and HDMI and such will work..

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I have tried connecting it to my MHL with micro USB but I couldn't get it to work. Are there settings somewhere that I Dont know about or is it just supposed to display in certain apps?

Posted via Android Central App

james27007

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If you have the MHL adapter from the S2/Note1 then you also need the 5pin to 11pin adapter. This was the same case for the S3/S4 and Note 2. I just tried the Samsung MHL adapter I got with my Note1 along with the 5pin to 11pin adapter I got off eBay (when I had the Note2) and it worked perfectly on the N3.

Posted via Android Central App

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Mhl adapter from S3 works just fine, although the screen on big screen looks like vga quality to me. However, I couldn't get the allshare **** wireless dongle to work. It made connection, but nothing at all shows on the monitor screen.

Sent using Note3

OldManParsons

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am hoping you can help me... it would be VERY appreciated if so. I have the Note 3... will the MFL adapter to the Note 2 work?
This is what I am looking to get: Amazon.com: Skiva MHL Micro USB to male HDMI cable (6.5 feet) for Samsung Galaxy S3 (SIII LTE i9300 L710 i747 i535 T999), Samsung Note 2, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, HTC One X, LG Optimus HD and other MHL Devices (HD-X3): Electronics
since I am on a free 30 day trial to Amazon Prime I figured I'd take advantage of it and get the 2 day shipping. Please if you would take a look and let me know as soon as you can. Thanks a ton for your time and knowledge. I now know how my father felt when the VCR came out and I couldn't understand at 15 how he couldn't instantly get it lol

Weaser999

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
So I have 2 adapters that are both 11 pin. Strange thing is, I need to put my phone into airplane mode for it to work properly. My Samsung adapter needs to be hooked directly up to the tv for it to work and put into airplane mode. My regular ebay adapter with 5-11 pin end works in my Denon Receiver but also only in airplane mode. Anyone else having this?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
7ygydaqa.jpg
used this for my note 2 and it works for the Note 3

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Something is not right with that description. The s2 and OG Note were MHL 1.0. The s3 and note 2 and we'll anything newer are MHL 2.0 adapters with 11 pin connector.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

panlid

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Please help, I am at my wits end.
I have tried all the mhl cables for the Galaxy Note 3 and have now bought the official samsung white one. I plug it in and even add power to it but nothing.
Am I missing something?

Weaser999

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Try hooking directly into the TV with your phone in airplane mode. I have an older MHL adapter that actually works better with the 11 pin adapter because it works through my receiver. The Samsung adapter recognizes if you are hooked into anything other than a tv and wont allow it to work. Mind you, the samsung MHL cable will allow 1080P at 60hz whereas the older mhl cables with the adapters will only allow 1080p at 24hz I think. I still prefer the non-samsung one so that it can work through a receiver though.

panlid

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi Weaser
Tried it in airplane mode but to avail. Just tried my s3 through it and it works if you put power to the adapter. Tried it with and without power for the note 3 and nothing.

Andy Mei

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung adapter recognizes if you are hooked into anything other than a tv and wont allow it to work.

I have managed to connect Samsung adapter to HDMI to RCA converter and hooked up to my car entertainment unit. Works fine, except converter needs some time to charge up before output pictures smoothly.

Weaser999

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I have managed to connect Samsung adapter to HDMI to RCA converter and hooked up to my car entertainment unit. Works fine, except converter needs some time to charge up before output pictures smoothly.

Probably because you went to RCA conversion. I haven't had any luck trying it hooked up directly to an HDMI in on my Denon receiver (the samsung one).

Weaser999

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Please help, I am at my wits end.
I have tried all the mhl cables for the Galaxy Note 3 and have now bought the official samsung white one. I plug it in and even add power to it but nothing.
Am I missing something?

Did you get the Samsung MHL 2.0 one? I don't think the samsung galaxy s3 one is compatible, it needs to be the galaxy S4 or higher I think. You should still be able to use a 5pin to 11 pin adapter though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma