Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Holster case/belt clip for Note 3?

I've been keeping my eyes out for a quality holster case/belt clip for the Note 3, since I think due to the larger size of the phone (much larger than the iPhone 4 I'm currently using), it'll be more comfortable to clip it to the waist-band of my jeans or the lip of the front pocket (but if I'm wearing cargo shorts during he summer, I'll just shove it into a side-pocket).

Currently, the best one I've found on amazon is this one: Amazon.com: i-Blason Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III N9000 Prime Series Dual Layer Holster Case with Kickstand and Locking Belt Swivel Clip (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Personally, I much prefer a vintage leather look, such as the one I'm using for my iPhone by Spigen (the stuff written on it is my doing):

And I especially love how after using that case for a while, it ages so well and has so much character (a much more interesting look than the sterile looking high-tech cases):

But it seems like no one ever makes a holster case/belt clip in the vintage leather style. So it looks like I might have to try and split the solution into a vintage leather case, and then buy a generic holster/belt clip to hold it. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Holster case/belt clip for Note 3?

This one isn't exactly vintage leather, but it's what I have on my watchlist.
    I don't have any experience with belt clip cases but thought it might be a good idea for when I'm outside doing yard work. You might try browsing through etsy.com. There were many nice ones that came up for the Notes 1 and 2. It'll probably take awhile until there are some for the 3.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't have rotatable clip though, which I think might come in really handy depending on what kind of clothes you have on. Sometimes you might want to clip it vertically, and sometimes horizontally.

I guess if no vintage leather styles are available, I'd settle for just a nice holster/clip regardless of style--as long as it's not too juvenile looking.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ooh boy, this is nice, but $99!
    Thanked by:

That case looks sick!
    Last edited by DCSholtis; 10-02-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

I must just get another Seidio surface case with clip like I had on the Note 2

Found some cases that I really like

Oops forgot to post the link!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Hey, that's pretty good. $73 is still pretty steep for a holster, but I like that the top is fully covered compared to the $99 one I posted, and the light tan color is better than that orange brown too. It's funny how it's easy to fall under the illusion that you can find anything on amazon or ebay, but often the most interesting choices are found elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post

Oops forgot to post the link!

I agree! Lol I just googled up Note 3 holsters and found them. BTW I just ordered a Black one. Along with a Slim Fit Spigen case from Amazon. The nutshell was $15 shipping I should add.

I have had the best luck with the stock verizon holster/clip set. I just use the case half of it. Its got a neat pull out kickstand fot flat surface viewing> Its a hard rubber diamond pattern back that is great for gripping, and covers all edges. I used it with my Note 2 and Razr Maxx.

Hi Guys,
    I am the one that designed and made the case on Etsy. I am an architect and most of the cases you see in my Etsy shop are custom designed and sized also. e.g I make iPhone cases in 7 different sizes. This design started out as a case for an iPhone 5 only, but someone requested it be made from this leather for his Note 2. It is a huge case. If that person had wanted a full flap it would have been with a full flap. If you want to see the two extreme ends of iPhone sizes then check this one out

Quote Originally Posted by LunatiqueRob View Post
    Hey, that's pretty good. $73 is still pretty steep for a holster, but I like that the top is fully covered compared to the $99 one I posted, and the light tan color is better than that orange brown too. It's funny how it's easy to fall under the illusion that you can find anything on amazon or ebay, but often the most interesting choices are found elsewhere.
    vzw8830 likes this.

ROM
    Stock Note 2

I have used the BoxWave Case/Holster combo with all my phones since the Thunderbolt & now the Bote 2 & really does work well for me. BoxWave won't give me any date when they will have it for the note 3 yet. To Sharad, I would not pay $99 for a cases in that config. I absolutely hate the horizontal config. I hang my BoxWave from my pocket, not the belt .... my love handles are not that big, but horizontal always twists & turns so I am always in conflict with it! Hanging down & vertical work great! The higher the clip the better!
    Amazon.com: BoxWave Dual+ Holster Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Case - 3-in-1 Case with Holster Combo Includes Protective Case and Belt Clip Holster with Integrated Viewing Stand - New and Improved Design! (Jet Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Cheers, Jon
    Have Note 2 & ordered Verizon 32gb/64gb Note 3 in white

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

there's probably a good reason you're not seeing a lot of holster case/belt clips...

Ooh boy, this is nice, but $99!
    Ouch, for that price I want a tree of life burned in with a few diamond chips on the leaves!

They are on amazon. I just purchased a thin clear hard case and a nice leather case with a nice belt clip. Latch has magnet. 7 dollars.

IT'S TRUE,, SIZE IS EVERYTHING!
    love my evo.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

If I had to choose, I'd pick vertical orientation too, since I don't like tucking in my clothes and I don't wear a belt, so hanging from the pocket of my jeans/shorts would be better than the waistband.

Having a holster/case combo where the front of the phone is left unprotected when not inside the holster, makes me a bit nervous. I would prefer the case have a front cover.

@Sharad - So you'll be able to use any kind of material and customize the size, shape, and design? If I do my own design and have you make it, then that would be awesome.

yep believe they are the same bought two to use the holsters from, the rubber part is a pain to remove and insert in holster and deforms at the bottom as only a thin strip remains where the speaker is. the holster will work with a little heat gun treatment for the spigen neo hybrid I have but in the past the same case for the note two broke off the belt clip twice so I bought two of the cheaper priced version to have a backup.

Have no way to try the holster yet, but must say that Caseology packages its stuff very professionally.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

I posted this in the main thread about cases, but I should post it here too, since it's mainly about holster/clips:

Of all the Galaxy Note 3 cases I've seen, the one that comes closest to my ideal is this one:

But since it's a leather case, it'll add enough bulk that might make it too big to fit most holster/pouch/belt clips, since those tend to be designed to only fit the naked phone without protective case. I've found one that says it's XL size and can accommodate cases:

This one from Reiko might fit too:

I don't particularly like plain black, and would much prefer a vintage leather look like the case I picked out above, but the ones I've seen like that are extremely expensive (close to $100) and none seem to accommodate bulky protective cases.

My last resort would to be to simply glue a belt clip onto that lovely leather case, like these examples:

But I'd rather not if I could help it--I don't really want to have to handle the phone and feel that clip all the time when I don't need to be using a clip.

If you guys see any better solutions/choices, please let me know. Thanks!

Finally got mine in the mail. Good construction. Even fits with the wireless cover on.

Posted via Android Central App
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post
    Finally got mine in the mail. Good construction. Even fits with the wireless cover on.

You think it'll fit that vintage leather case I just posted (without having to really stretch)?

One has to be certain to make sure that the clip is tight, long enough, and has a part that curls inwards. I had a horizontal leather pouch that I loved until, on two frightening, panicky occasions, I found that the pouch was no longer on my belt. Once, I had to search for it on a dark and swampy school field.

You think it'll fit that vintage leather case I just posted (without having to really stretch)?
    It's possible. I mean it fits mine with the wireless back as I said and that's bulky

EDIT: I should note it's a tight fit but it does fit.

Last edited by DCSholtis; 10-21-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast