So the Verizon ship date of 9/29/13 is officially busted eh?

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Just got some bad news... Talked to a CSR who seemed pretty knowledgeable. He says that it is definitely shipping out on the 10th, not before. He says it was supposed to go earlier but there have been delays on Samsung's end. He also said I was in the first wave of orders to be shipped out (but I only ordered on the 22nd) but that people pre-ordering now are probably going to have theirs ship out even later. He also said that there was no confirmed date that the phone would be in stores, could be on the 10th.

As always take it with a grain of salt - and God willing, he's dead wrong and we're seconds away from getting shipping confirmations! Sadly, smart money is on it moving on the 10th and not a day before hand.

sadly you are 100% correct, I don't think we will see these phones a day sooner than the 10th

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
If it goes past the 10th of October I will wait till Nov when my contract is done and move on to AT&T or T-Mobile. I'm tired of their games anyone around the McKinney TX. area and have T-Mobile how is the signal out here.

Posted via Android Central App

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Verizon sucks for not allowing you to select in-store pick-up for a pre-order.

That was one of the reasons why I went with Best Buy, though this particular store I almost regret using. There were two other BB stores that might have had better, knowledgeable salespeople.

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just got some bad news... Talked to a CSR who seemed pretty knowledgeable. He says that it is definitely shipping out on the 10th, not before. He says it was supposed to go earlier but there have been delays on Samsung's end. He also said I was in the first wave of orders to be shipped out (but I only ordered on the 22nd) but that people pre-ordering now are probably going to have theirs ship out even later. He also said that there was no confirmed date that the phone would be in stores, could be on the 10th.

As always take it with a grain of salt - and God willing, he's dead wrong and we're seconds away from getting shipping confirmations! Sadly, smart money is on it moving on the 10th and not a day before hand.

Maybe your CSR is ahead of everyone else, but at least in the chats on VZW's site, I keep being told it's going to ship on the 8th for arrival via 2-day shipping on the 10th. CSRs are a land filled of hopes, dreams, and rocks.

MxgnXeU.jpg

I also asked about the wireless back cover and they're apparently selling them on launch day (Verizon) and accessory discounts should apply. Whether or not that holds true is another story. Guess it just depends on who you talk to. We'll find out in less than a week either way!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I had to cancel my pre-order so I could cut the GG loose from it. I was about to pre-order with just the GN3 again then I chatted with BB wireless and (3) different chats with (3) different reps all said 10-4 for Verizon. I know that is Sprint's date, but they claim Verizon. So I am going to hold off for one more day and pre-order on Friday if BB fails, as I suspect they will.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I had to cancel my pre-order so I could cut the GG loose from it. I was about to pre-order with just the GN3 again then I chatted with BB wireless and (3) different chats with (3) different reps all said 10-4 for Verizon. I know that is Sprint's date, but they claim Verizon. So I am going to hold off for one more day and pre-order on Friday if BB fails, as I suspect they will.

Problem is (at least in my experience), BB will not price match VZW if you are paying full retail. They are always 50 bucks higher than VZW.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Problem is (at least in my experience), BB will not price match VZW if you are paying full retail. They are always 50 bucks higher than VZW.

Every phone i buy is at BB and they always match Verizon for me. They just did on the G2 I bought Sunday and will match my note 3 purchase. Must be a random occurrence.

- - - Updated - - -

I am just chomping at the bit to see a Verizon one in live action once and for all and see what they crippled.

joan006

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I also was told when I preordered that delivery would be on the 10th. I ordered mine over the phone and added overnight delivery for $12.50 to ensure I get it by the weekend just in case it was mailed on the 10th.
She told me that they would begin being mailed out on the 8th. I "should" get mine the 9th before 3pm according to the CSR.
I learned from past orders that you can only get overnight delivery over the phone and not thru the web.
So....everyone should get yours on the 10th if ordered over the web!!!

Posted via Android Central App

aventador779

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Basically if I don't get the tracking number by 10/8 evening, I am canceling my preorder. I will just get it in the store on 10/10 or in Best Buy. BUT if the Verizon30 promo code will work, I will then order it with the coupon and wait even longer (sadly). Do promo codes work in store? My Verizon chat representative is saying that they will ship out on 10/10, because they are on backorder...

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I also noticed on thing on the BB Site, for Verizon it says "In Store Only" for Verizon Wireless. Yet for all other carriers it says Pre-Order. That is odd and is what me think they weren't kidding about the 10-4 release. I will find out tomorrow and if its not true I will call telesales place my pre-order and get it shipped Next Day as well.

vbsoulpole

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Just got off the phone with BB in my area. He said without hesitation and with certainty that the Verizon version is available tomorrow. He did say no preorders, first come first serve, which I found odd. As I work from home on Fridays, I'll likely just go up there and see if he's right (though as it's BB I severely doubt it). Not going to cancel my preorders until the phones are in hand.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
so much inconsistent info by Besy Buy - I spoke with a Store Manager in Denver area this afternoon - says he had a memo ( as in today's date) that says Note 3 release for all carriers at Best Buy is 10/4 and only carrier excluded is T Mobile (they don't sale these.....) - that he had a just received box of phones - including Note 3's - for opening and sale tomorrow and that they would include AT & T and Spint Note 3's and Verizon too --called two other BB stores in Denver and was told no Verizon Note 3's until 10/4..........