So the Verizon ship date of 9/29/13 is officially busted eh?

aventador779

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Very sad news for me... I sold my Note 2 early so that I can get a nice price from it and currently using a Droid Bionic with a cracked screen... one more week it seems and we will all have it!

Do preorders "tend" to arrive on Wednesdays? (Day before official release day) I'm in SoCal if that matters with shipping.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I was optimistic but also realistic. It didn't happen and that is that. I do expect 10-8 shipping, maybe a day earlier but that is about it. Given the keep the unlimited data fiasco over the weekend I wonder how many GN3's Verizon sold?

delkhouri

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have been told by a couple different Verizon CSR's that it says online that it will ship on (not for) 10/10 and it will also be available in stores on 10/10. They said they reason you would pre-order is so that you are guaranteed a phone and that you do not have to wait in line. I don't know how much truth there is to that considering it was Verizon CSR's who said it but I am not expecting it to ship or be available in stores until 10/10.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
preordered the gs3 and it did arrive 3 days early....so hope was high with the preorder on the note 2 but it came exactly on the "ship by" date. who knows for the note 3....we can always hope but the best bet is that it will arrive on the 10th like the note 2 did.

kidstechno

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Who busted the 9/29 ship date myth?

Posted via Android Central App

AFAIK no-one has a confirmation of Verizon doing anything to ship anything until around the 10th. Also, the rumor (again, as far as I know), was started by a poster in XDA. The thread was recently closed because the guy wouldn't reveal his source and got hounded on.

Seriously people, it's a phone. Not a cure for cancer. People need to calm their tits. Now if the 10th rolls around and pre-orders or shipments get pushed back, then I'd be a little peeved but if Verizon states the 10th, and gives nothing else official, I'd sit back and wait because if I was a betting man, I'd bet they get released around the 10th. Rumors tend to snowball pretty easy.

aventador779

May 18, 2012
Visit site
AFAIK no-one has a confirmation of Verizon doing anything to ship anything until around the 10th. Also, the rumor (again, as far as I know), was started by a poster in XDA. The thread was recently closed because the guy wouldn't reveal his source and got hounded on.

Seriously people, it's a phone. Not a cure for cancer. People need to calm their tits. Now if the 10th rolls around and pre-orders or shipments get pushed back, then I'd be a little peeved but if Verizon states the 10th, and gives nothing else official, I'd sit back and wait because if I was a betting man, I'd bet they get released around the 10th. Rumors tend to snowball pretty easy.

I have needed a good phone in a billion situations but I am stuck with an extremely slow Droid Bionic. Every day matters because I use my phone to it's full potential, and a Bionic with a cracked screen has actually made me LOSE money in some of the situations. It's awful.

I have been told by a couple different Verizon CSR's that it says online that it will ship on (not for) 10/10 and it will also be available in stores on 10/10. They said they reason you would pre-order is so that you are guaranteed a phone and that you do not have to wait in line. I don't know how much truth there is to that considering it was Verizon CSR's who said it but I am not expecting it to ship or be available in stores until 10/10.

Best Buy is still claiming that they're going to have the phone in stores on the 4th. If it really is true then I'm definitely canceling my preorder and letting Best Buy have some of my money! :D

Who busted the 9/29 ship date myth?

It's the 30th and none shipped.

RDRich858711

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been phone less for months. Broke mine and been waiting for this one. Didn't see the sense n paying for cheap one just to turn around n buy another new phone. Would be nice to have a little early but f it what's ten days.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have needed a good phone in a billion situations but I am stuck with an extremely slow Droid Bionic. Every day matters because I use my phone to it's full potential, and a Bionic with a cracked screen has actually made me LOSE money in some of the situations. It's awful.

Best Buy is still claiming that they're going to have the phone in stores on the 4th. If it really is true then I'm definitely canceling my preorder and letting Best Buy have some of my money! :D

It's the 30th and none shipped.

Didn't you open this thread by stating you sold your Note 2 early? Sounds like you made a choice and now must live with the consequences. Good or bad, your choice. I would think if you were going to need a good phone a billion times and not having a good phone would cost you money, you might have thought through your decision to sell a little more thoroughly.

Still your choices, but I'm pretty sure the only date Verizon has stated is 10/10. Not a date someone told you are you heard from a friend. Not a date someone from BB told someone and you read on the Internet. My shipping date still shows 10/10 and I ordered knowing that is the date. If it ships early, great. If it ships on the 10th, then they meet my expectations.

Posted via Android Central App from my Note 2.

aventador779

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Didn't you open this thread by stating you sold your Note 2 early? Sounds like you made a choice and now must live with the consequences. Good or bad, your choice. I would think if you were going to need a good phone a billion times and not having a good phone would cost you money, you might have thought through your decision to sell a little more thoroughly.

Still your choices, but I'm pretty sure the only date Verizon has stated is 10/10. Not a date someone told you are you heard from a friend. Not a date someone from BB told someone and you read on the Internet. My shipping date still shows 10/10 and I ordered knowing that is the date. If it ships early, great. If it ships on the 10th, then they meet my expectations.

Posted via Android Central App from my Note 2.

I would rather then just go to Verizon and get the phone myself than wait until Monday (which is what Verizon says it will arrive on if it ships on the 10th). Yeah, my fault, wasn't expecting these kinds of consequences. I expected more from a Droid Bionic which was a great phone of it's time, but it is awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36