Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So the Verizon ship date of 9/29/13 is officially busted eh?

Very sad news for me... I sold my Note 2 early so that I can get a nice price from it and currently using a Droid Bionic with a cracked screen... one more week it seems and we will all have it!

Do preorders "tend" to arrive on Wednesdays? (Day before official release day) I'm in SoCal if that matters with shipping.

Default Re: So the Verizon ship date of 9/29/13 is officially busted eh?

I also sold my note 2 to get a good price. I was hoping we would receive it early but that didn't happen

Best case scenario rumor I've heard so far is it will ship on the 8th

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by JamDiggity View Post
    Best case scenario rumor I've heard so far is it will ship on the 8th

Well my guess is they're going to arrive to us on the 9th.

Or a couple weeks later you know we are talking Verizon.

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I was optimistic but also realistic. It didn't happen and that is that. I do expect 10-8 shipping, maybe a day earlier but that is about it. Given the keep the unlimited data fiasco over the weekend I wonder how many GN3's Verizon sold?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I have been told by a couple different Verizon CSR's that it says online that it will ship on (not for) 10/10 and it will also be available in stores on 10/10. They said they reason you would pre-order is so that you are guaranteed a phone and that you do not have to wait in line. I don't know how much truth there is to that considering it was Verizon CSR's who said it but I am not expecting it to ship or be available in stores until 10/10.

Who busted the 9/29 ship date myth?

preordered the gs3 and it did arrive 3 days early....so hope was high with the preorder on the note 2 but it came exactly on the "ship by" date. who knows for the note 3....we can always hope but the best bet is that it will arrive on the 10th like the note 2 did.

Quote Originally Posted by RDRich858711 View Post

AFAIK no-one has a confirmation of Verizon doing anything to ship anything until around the 10th. Also, the rumor (again, as far as I know), was started by a poster in XDA. The thread was recently closed because the guy wouldn't reveal his source and got hounded on.

Seriously people, it's a phone. Not a cure for cancer. People need to calm their tits. Now if the 10th rolls around and pre-orders or shipments get pushed back, then I'd be a little peeved but if Verizon states the 10th, and gives nothing else official, I'd sit back and wait because if I was a betting man, I'd bet they get released around the 10th. Rumors tend to snowball pretty easy.
    cg101 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by kidstechno View Post
    AFAIK no-one has a confirmation of Verizon doing anything to ship anything until around the 10th. Also, the rumor (again, as far as I know), was started by a poster in XDA. The thread was recently closed because the guy wouldn't reveal his source and got hounded on.

Seriously people, it's a phone. Not a cure for cancer. People need to calm their tits. Now if the 10th rolls around and pre-orders or shipments get pushed back, then I'd be a little peeved but if Verizon states the 10th, and gives nothing else official, I'd sit back and wait because if I was a betting man, I'd bet they get released around the 10th. Rumors tend to snowball pretty easy.
    I have needed a good phone in a billion situations but I am stuck with an extremely slow Droid Bionic. Every day matters because I use my phone to it's full potential, and a Bionic with a cracked screen has actually made me LOSE money in some of the situations. It's awful.

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    I have been told by a couple different Verizon CSR's that it says online that it will ship on (not for) 10/10 and it will also be available in stores on 10/10. They said they reason you would pre-order is so that you are guaranteed a phone and that you do not have to wait in line. I don't know how much truth there is to that considering it was Verizon CSR's who said it but I am not expecting it to ship or be available in stores until 10/10.
    Best Buy is still claiming that they're going to have the phone in stores on the 4th. If it really is true then I'm definitely canceling my preorder and letting Best Buy have some of my money!

It's the 30th and none shipped.

I've been phone less for months. Broke mine and been waiting for this one. Didn't see the sense n paying for cheap one just to turn around n buy another new phone. Would be nice to have a little early but f it what's ten days.

N I don't have tits haha jk . Had to put that in there for the heck of it.

Best buy was for sprint and att

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Best buy was for sprint and att

No I specifically asked about the Verizon version. Either way how it will be is how it will be. Only a week left at max.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by aventador779 View Post
    I have needed a good phone in a billion situations but I am stuck with an extremely slow Droid Bionic. Every day matters because I use my phone to it's full potential, and a Bionic with a cracked screen has actually made me LOSE money in some of the situations. It's awful.

Best Buy is still claiming that they're going to have the phone in stores on the 4th. If it really is true then I'm definitely canceling my preorder and letting Best Buy have some of my money!

It's the 30th and none shipped.
    Didn't you open this thread by stating you sold your Note 2 early? Sounds like you made a choice and now must live with the consequences. Good or bad, your choice. I would think if you were going to need a good phone a billion times and not having a good phone would cost you money, you might have thought through your decision to sell a little more thoroughly.

Still your choices, but I'm pretty sure the only date Verizon has stated is 10/10. Not a date someone told you are you heard from a friend. Not a date someone from BB told someone and you read on the Internet. My shipping date still shows 10/10 and I ordered knowing that is the date. If it ships early, great. If it ships on the 10th, then they meet my expectations.

Posted via Android Central App from my Note 2.
    Thanked by:
    kj11 
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by Connert View Post
    Didn't you open this thread by stating you sold your Note 2 early? Sounds like you made a choice and now must live with the consequences. Good or bad, your choice. I would think if you were going to need a good phone a billion times and not having a good phone would cost you money, you might have thought through your decision to sell a little more thoroughly.

Still your choices, but I'm pretty sure the only date Verizon has stated is 10/10. Not a date someone told you are you heard from a friend. Not a date someone from BB told someone and you read on the Internet. My shipping date still shows 10/10 and I ordered knowing that is the date. If it ships early, great. If it ships on the 10th, then they meet my expectations.

Posted via Android Central App from my Note 2.
    I would rather then just go to Verizon and get the phone myself than wait until Monday (which is what Verizon says it will arrive on if it ships on the 10th). Yeah, my fault, wasn't expecting these kinds of consequences. I expected more from a Droid Bionic which was a great phone of it's time, but it is awful.

Jamie and Adam.

Look@atrain

Lol* dam auto correct

Thanked by:

Might I add that my confirmation email I got after pre ordering stated delivery no later than 10/12.. anyone else get that?

I never even got a confirmation email but when I call Verizon they say I have one on pre order.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

I preordered last night by calling Verizon and actually got someone who was helpful! I paid extra to have mine overnighted ($12.50). She said I'll be receiving mine on the 10th before 3pm. If not sooner.
    I also preordered my phones this way in the past and have never been disappointed.
    When you order thru Verizon website, you don't get the overnight service offered. You have to call and get them to place your order.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by joan006 View Post
    I preordered last night by calling Verizon and actually got someone who was helpful! I paid extra to have mine overnighted ($12.50). She said I'll be receiving mine on the 10th before 3pm. If not sooner.
    I also preordered my phones this way in the past and have never been disappointed.
    When you order thru Verizon website, you don't get the overnight service offered. You have to call and get them to place your order.
    Hope this helps.

So that would put shipping around the 8/9th? Seems to match up with what was said recently about shipping being on the 8th, to be received on the 10th.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

That's what I gathered. It could be that they would be shipped on the 8th for the 2 day shippers to get theirs on the 10th. O ordered mine over night so I would get it by the weekend just in case they were shipped out on the 10th.
    When I purchased my note 2 and then the Blackberry Q10 (don't ask...a moment of stupidity) as pre orders, I ordered them both over the phone with overnight shipping and I received them each time before the weekend. If I remember correctly, they were both sent out before the shipping dates that was listed on the website. Only by like a day.
    I'm thinking everyone who ordered on line will get theirs on the 10th. I remember thinking why didn't I just go to the store and purchase it since I got it the same say as the stores did. I had to go to the store anyways to get the case for it before I dropped them or something.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast