Galaxy Note 3 overheating

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's paranoia but...
While using the wireless charger the temp said 46?C. I left the phone there for about an hour only. The safety Info said Do not use device in areas less than 5?C or more than 35?C. So does this mean that, that is the safe temp for the device temp as well?

Oh. And every time I charge. I make sure no apps are running and I turn on airplane mode too. So. Don't know what might have caused it.

uzyna9yj.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Awadhesh Nema

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
It is simple. I solved it for my note 3....
It is due to improper placement of sim and memory card....
Just remove them and try to put properly ....an restart ..
Over heating will be solved...

mazimazi

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I think overheating is a software problem. So Samsung should release an update to solve this problem. My device didn't have overheating problem at first but after I receive an 28Mb update it's start overheating.

bzliteyear

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
bummer - didn't work.
i took out both the sim and the sndk microusb 64gb and it's still running hot.
i also tried switching between samsung and after market anker battery - same result.
PL

vivi modha

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: galaxy note 3 overheating

guys i bought note 3 neo...the fone is osum but on 2nd day i felt dt when i cal sum1 i can feel it is bit heated up...ny1 has ny idea...otherwise der is no prob at al.....pls help me guys

Sreenand

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here!.i am using a note 3 lte model running on jellybean version..i just bought it 1 week ago and i am experiencing the same overheating issue around the camera..Battery is draining a lot faster than galaxy s5 since i am using both the phones...any fix?.:/

boudicca00

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

aarone23

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I got a note II last September and after having it replaced 5 times due to overheating where it killed the phones I gave it to my mom who hardly uses it. I got a note 3 about 2 months ago and am on my 2nd one. It got so hot I had to talk on speaker phone. I love the phone but this is ridiculous. Tried with and without SD Card, factory defaulted, even tried having no more than 5 apps and it still gets so hot. Is it just a defect of the phone? I get the basic what to do's from Samsung and AT&T. No real reason why it's doing it. I appreciate all the feedback on this thread though! Ty all

Bonny Keh

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Just got New Samsung Note3.
Used not even a day and can feel the phone overheating..
New phone need to reset? why?
Sometimes my camera wont even start?
Very annoying when emergency cant start up phone.
Am i making a wrong choice Note3 & Galaxy S5

Kara Messer

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
i had my note 3 for 6 months, i am huge on using gear that phone came with from samsung. sadly the cable broke and was unable to charge the phone. i started using older samsung charge. phone started to over heat badly glass damn near burnt me. took the battory out and place whole unit in freezer for moment. wondering maybe if you, or anyone else reading this has had the same problem?

uzair ghole

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Dear ,

I am a technician for hand sets and tablets , and i know there are few apps which over uses the CPu and the ram memory on the phone thats makes your phone over heated and can eat up your whole mother board . Please uinstall viber or tango from your phone if you have.

thanks
regards'UZI

Tim Terrell

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Wow lots of issues with overheating. Here is my issue with overheating.
Noticed had been getting hot the last 2 weeks. Usually shutting it down for a bit and restart would fix overheating issues. Well Saturday, after I had taken it off the charger, I could barely touch the phone it was so hot, even thru my Otterbox. Sunday went to use it and a black screen on whole phone except for very top and it had turned green. I cant do anything. can only push the buttons to make the alarm stop. Noticed that battery is warped when pulled out and now I have spider cracks under main top glass. T-mobile is carrier and they didnt want to help, so now gonna have to send my phone to samsung. And they to determine if it manufacture defect or not. Hate it when I dont have control of a stituation when a big company can say yeah or nah. You have to pay for our mistake.

balajip21

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

Hi - i'm new to Android phones hence my question may sound silly. I got the same heating problem as others here. But mine is a brand new phone (not used for even 30 mins) but heats up veru fast when i connect to Internet for update download or simple game dowload. Following your instruction i tried to locate Samsumg Knox app but could not find it. Is this a default app right from factory or it gets downloaded while updating the phone s/w. Please guide me to find it if it's installed. Thanks.

balajip21

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi Uzair - I got the note 3 very recently and on day 1 only it overheated in the 1st hour. Read all the recommendations here but hopeful you can help me as you are technically sound. I do not understand why it shd heat even during s/w update downloads and couple of small game downloads thru wifi. I do not have any SD card installed.

The phone heats up near the earpiece so much that i can not hold it even an inch near to my ear. Please help.

Pankaj Sehra

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I am using Samsung Note 3 Neo but facing problem of overheat and restart while playing games. Don't knw is it phone's problem or some application's issue....... What to do any suggestions...

hansarani

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site

I had same problem but figured it out...if you have samsung knox installed I can guarantee that is your issue...its a little tricky to uninstall...you cant do it through settings..you actually have to open the app in your appdrawer and uninstall from there...I never got an overheat issue on the note 3 after...I checked the ram kernel and samsung knox was killing the phone and running in the background even if you arent in knox mode..hope this helps it fixed my issue

Can you plz explain more(in fully details ) about how to uninstall knox... my battery is so nice but am afraid it's starting to die little by little

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463