Lock Screen Widgets in Note 3 Missing?

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, they are. You can get them, but only if you use it with the swipe lock (without any pin codes). I hope they fix it, because that is not the way vanilla android works.

howdidoo

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Thats very bad, I need to secure the phone too. I saw other models have the pin/pattern feature together with lock screen widgets.

maximus96

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
stock touchwiz doesn't allow pin code/pattern unlock with widgets. I get around it with Widgetlocker. I think its $3 in the app store but its very worth it. Add whatever widget you want, pin code/pattern lock still kicks in

Father Mike

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I too have this problem. I like to have my phone password protected but also wish to enable shortcuts and widgets on the lock screen. I went to the play store to find widget locker as was recomended, but it says that it does not support my device. Perhaps the app needs updated for the Note 3. Anyone have another well trusted app to suggest in order to work around this problem?

Posted via Android Central App

maximus96

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
interesting...i got it on my N3 by backup/restore with Helium from my N2...didn't know it's not compatible. I do notice a bug in that when you pull down the notification bar when on the lockscreen it doesn't cover up the widgets like it did on my N2 but its not a big deal to me...

Father Mike

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
What first peeked my interest was when I searched for it from the play store, it wasn't listed amongst the other apps. So I did a Google search and found it with a link to the play store. When I open the link to the play store a message came up at at the top of the window, with no option to download saying, "Your device isn't compatible with this version." I assume I have the one everyone is talking about. It's called the WidgetLocker Lockscreen from Teslacoil Software. I guess I'll have to wait unless someone else has a suggestion for a similar app.

maximus96

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
That's the one...bummer...hope they come out with a fix soon. I widgetlocket and Nils to have my notifications and alerts displayed on the lockscreen...

howdidoo

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendation, but its silly not to have it in Touchwiz.. I mean how difficult it is? Or what issues they think it might cause?

Larry Griffin

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why it isn't available with pass code/pattern.... Especially when you can use shortcuts on other devices... I hope Sammy fixes this soon... Getting my note 3 tomorrow

john248

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I hope Samsung comes out with an update to fix this. On my GNex (Verizon), I had the pattern lock screen & could swipe to the right to access the camera and swipe left for another app. I believe this was available when 4.2 was released.

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
This would be nice!
Another thing that would be nice is if you had the option to disable the built-in notifications from SMS and Missed Calls from showing up on the lockscreen. That way those features could actually make sense when using dashclock. :)

Posted via Android Central App