Performance issues? Really?

Cheesewiz

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
With this hardware set? How crappy is TouchWiz anyway? Now that these last minute reviews are coming out, we're hearing about lag and stutter. Can't describe how much that pisses me off. I've been following every review and hanging on every word about how flawless this thing is. I'm pre-ordered on Verizon so I still have a week or whatever. Why is it OK to just lie in your product review? It's all going to come out when we get our hands on this thing and start the usual screaming. I'm flaming out here...

zach_alt

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Every real world review from regular people have said no lag. Why not use the phone yourself.

Posted via Android Central App

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the phone for 2 days now and I'm coming from S4. This phone is fast no lag what so ever. When I got my s4 i was able to see some lag and I thought it is okay, but this note 3 is amazing.

Cheesewiz

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'll report back when I have mine. Just can't understand the disparity in the "professional" reviews. Someone posted below a large roundup of the latest reviews. A few of them are a lot less than flattering on the performance issue. I doubt they're making it up. Glad to keep hearing otherwise I guess, but it should be across the board. Did they get lemons? Pre-release software?

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
With this hardware set? How crappy is TouchWiz anyway? Now that these last minute reviews are coming out, we're hearing about lag and stutter. Can't describe how much that pisses me off. I've been following every review and hanging on every word about how flawless this thing is. I'm pre-ordered on Verizon so I still have a week or whatever. Why is it OK to just lie in your product review? It's all going to come out when we get our hands on this thing and start the usual screaming. I'm flaming out here...

Why not go buy an LG G2 then?

Posted via Android Central App

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I take it you guys have seen this review?

I am almost considering canceling my preorder.

Read This

Need to hear from other owners to see if it is really this bad

(particularly the opening of the gallery app)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I want the pen.

The Note 3 isn't going to magically correct issues inherent to Android. All levity aside, I think the Note 3 is just about as fast a phone as you're gonna find. There will always be someone, somewhere, in some parallel universe that says the fastest hardware still lags. I've not seen any reports (credible or not) of poor performance on the Note 3.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk 4

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Maybe if you gave us the links to those " less than flattering" reviews, we could help answer your questions?

Consider that some of the reviews are based on the Exynos processor instead of the SnapDragon, some reviewers were using pre-release versions, and international versions of the phones. And that there will be subtle differences between phones also based on what "extra" stuff each carrier may have put on their particular model.

And even with that on those reviews I have seen there appears to be no appreciable lag on the screen. Seriously, I would like to see you point out articles that have negative comments about the Note 3. It doesn't mean the other reviewers are lying; it means that people with different needs and points of view are going to have differences in experience with the phone. That's why we have multiple reviews and look forward to feedback from other people in these forums in the first place.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried to read through most of the review. It gave off a slightly negative perspective overall. I've seen a lot worse, however.
Maybe the settings for the gallery were set to sync up about 20 social feeds every time it opened. Who knows?
Maybe the reviewer just got a buggy device. Maybe there is some suspect memory card inside. If this was an issue on every device, I am sure we would have heard something by now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Guys give it a try for yourself. If it lags.. Well.. That's why companies have 14 day return policies.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
To me, it's a lot like the craplets and bloatware a new PC usually comes with. You have to go in and delete, disable, tweak settings, update software and get it to work the way you want it to. Then, you see how if it's laggy or not for your particular uses. I've seen a number of things in the reviews I'll be disabling.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
To me, it's a lot like the craplets and bloatware a new PC usually comes with. You have to go in and delete, disable, tweak settings, update software and get it to work the way you want it to. Then, you see how if it's laggy or not for your particular uses. I've seen a number of things in the reviews I'll be disabling.

So your still going to get the phone?

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
But over 2 minutes to open Gallery?

Would any other actual owners like to chime in and tell us if they
have the same problem?

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
So your still going to get the phone?

Yes, I'm planning on it. But my reasons aren't going to be everyone's reasons.

• I want the screen size and the display reviews have all been quite good.
  • The speed is good even if Samsung is fudging the benchmarks.
  • It has good expandabiltiy (battery/SD)
  • It has excellent community and marketplace support meaning ROOT/ROM and plenty of good accessories as well as Samsung being reasonable about updates to the OS and Touchwiz even if you don't ROM.

Planned workarounds
  • Root to freeze/disable the bloat I don't want from Touchwiz. Plus this gives me the complete power of Tasker.
  • Equalize the external speaker. This is more for those times I want to share something with a small group of people. See next item for explanation.
  • Upgrade my headphones -- this is also because I have a hearing impairment and my needs of an external speaker would be disruptive to those around me in general.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey