Going to Note 3 from galaxy nexus..

bailman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping the radios on the note 3 are better than this nexus. Anyone able to chime in with thoughts? Even better, you lucky ones with the note 3 already..I'd the signal good? I'm hoping Samsung has better signal reception now, the nexus is pitiful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm barely hanging on with my Nexus. Laggy, slow, gets hot as hell, horrible reception, etc. And this is with newly flashed ROMs and all. I think he knows I pre ordered the Note 3 and is just f**king with me on purpose now...

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
No one will be able to answer your question because the Verizon Note 3 isn't out yet. Won't know probably for another week. I am coming from a GNex as well. Abysmal battery life. It can only get better, right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

bailman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It can't get any worse, that's for sure. I can watch my battery percentage drop at ridiculously fast rates. My phone will go from 100 to almost dead in about 4 hours with not much use.

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I can't complain much about my Nexus. Only real problem I've had lately was that buggy update Google tried to load to the Nexus that were running nonstandard ROMs. That sucked up a lot of bandwidth until I shut down the Google updater service.

There was some talk early on from some of the FCC data that showed a -10db reception strength as I recall? Haven't seen that supported anywhere else though.

BobFr

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
My GNex is terribly slow also, and would run down in much less than a day. I finally added the Zero Lemon battery, after progressing through the Samsung extended battery and the Seidio extended battery looking for something that would always get me through the day. With the ZL battery, it's a tank, but it doesn't run down during the day. I'm really looking forward to my VW pre-ordered N3. I do hope the reports of reasonable battery life are true.

bitfidelity

May 26, 2013
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus is a complete piece of ****. It effectively became useless after I got over the novelty of Android 4.0 and its OLED screen. How is a phone with such terrible reception AND battery life even allowed to exist?

bailman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine is terribly slow as well. Things take forever to load, I get kicked off chrome multiple times a day watching videos. My keyboard won't come up a good majority of the time either....it's a lame duck for sure

bailman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just stopped at a local AT&T store and they had the note 3 on display. That phone is incredible. I cannot wait to dump this pos galaxy nexus. Screen was incredible, phone is ultra responsive. I actually didn't find the size to be that bad. Yes it's bigger than the gn, but I'm ok with that. I'm looking forward to the extra real estate.

delkhouri

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from the Galaxy Nexus as well. I unlike most of you have not had a terrible experience. I bought it on release day and I have kept the same phone without too many problems. Chrome works well and so do most apps, the exceptions are Facebook and YouTube which take a while to load up. The battery life is OK, I make it through most of the day without a charge and would classify myself as an average user. It has slowed down some and the radios aren't good. I am really looking forward to or at least hoping the Note3 has better Radios so I get better reception at work.

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list as well.

Bought my gnex on day 1...took an extended lunch hour to do it (never again). It was great for awhile...I'd never had such a large phone. This last 9 months or so...I've really been frustrated with this thing. I swear the battery is part sieve...it's loses so much damn power just sitting on my desk at work - by lunch time I'm down to 40%. I also can't wait to get rid off the damn thermal generator that's embedded inside the phone. I have a semi-clear purple case for my phone right now -- and there's a visible "mark" -- that you can see & feel with your finger -- all the way around the back of the case.

I'll be in the grocery store or just about any other store and can't make or receive calls or text message -- while every other damned person on their phones can!

Now, I'm looking forward to the large screen and all the S-pen options and just about everything else! I'm truly hoping that the Note 3 will be my sanity's savior!

Come on Christmas (yeah, that's when I'm getting it...not next week)!!!

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping the radios on the note 3 are better than this nexus. Anyone able to chime in with thoughts? Even better, you lucky ones with the note 3 already..I'd the signal good? I'm hoping Samsung has better signal reception now, the nexus is pitiful.

I guarantee that the note 3 radios is better than the Gnex. Hell the s3 radio is better than the gnex. My phone radios is better than a gnex lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae