Galaxy note 3. $0 down starting october 2nd.

AcemanX AcemanX

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Cool I guess still same price in the end.

OMFG F00k YEA!!!! I thought i was going to spend 250 tomorrow, but if your telling me that my monthly unlimited bill which was 100 (50 unlimited talk + 20 unlimited data + plus 20 EIP + 10 misc state fees) will only bump to 109 (50+20+29+10) and I get a note 3 with nothing out of pocket??? no brainer!

Chris Nguyen2

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
OMFG F00k YEA!!!! I thought i was going to spend 250 tomorrow, but if your telling me that my monthly unlimited bill which was 100 (50 unlimited talk + 20 unlimited data + plus 20 EIP + 10 misc state fees) will only bump to 109 (50+20+29+10) and I get a note 3 with nothing out of pocket??? no brainer!

That make no sense?

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
How does his post make no sense? I can see the fo0k yeah being odd. But otherwise, it makes perfect sense. Pay 10 bucks more a month, and have it come out to 109 or pay 250 now and pay like 97 a month. To each there own, but I switched from att and was paying over 135 a month for one line. So sure, I'll go with 109 to not have to cough up 200 plus tax and fees!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The parts that make no sense (or at least seem to have some figures off a bit)

If you already have EIP (the Equipment Installment Plan) and are paying off one phone, you still need to pay off the balance on that old phone before you can get authorized on a new phone. More likely you would have to pay off the remaining balance of the EIP on the old phone before the plan changes to the new phone.

In the case that they allow more than one EIP (if approved) the bill would jump to $129 until the EIP on the old phone is paid off, then drop down to the $109 rate if nothing else changed on the plan.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Followup:

It's True.

Got up this morning and got to my local T-Mobile store early. I even had time to stop for a quick breakfast before they opened.

9:06 am: Walked into store, 3rd person in that morning, and apparently the first to ask about the Note 3. They didn't even have the demo unit up yet.

The Rep had to go in back to get a unit, I asked for the black, didn't think to check on the white for feel or visual differences.
I have not changed phones in so long that I was easily qualified for the upgrade, and sure enough, their sales sheets had been updated to allow for the 0-down plan. I did have to pay $54.02 in taxes, and had the rep unbox the phone so I could get my phone number and info transferred to the new micro-SIM card that came with the Note 3.

The only Note 3 compatible accessories my store had on hand was a back covering case protector, and the Note II compatible S-Pen with eraser.
I asked them to check when the S-View cases might be in, but will probably look for a third-party case that also allows for a stand for the phone.

9:27 am: 20 minutes or so later, I was walking out of the store with the Note 3 fitting quite nicely in my shirt pocket, and the first payment on the EIP plan is not due until 12-20!

1st impressions:

Update to the "Which Carrier comes with what in the box!" thread -
My box came with:
Galaxy Note 3
Battery
Wall charger
USB 3.0 micro cable
Headphones with replaceable earbuds
Replacement S-Pen tips and removal tool
Paperwork:
Terms & Conditions, Return Policy, Limited Warranty
T-Moblie Handset Recycling Program mailing sticker
Registration reminder and limited accessory guide
Samsung smart switch reminder
Samsung Health & Safety and Warranty Guide
T-Mobile Welcome and Start Guide for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Screen Brightness:
At default settings (about 30%) the screen is bright in clear in the store and in my car. I have a cloudless sky this morning in Colorado Springs, so stopped for a moment to view the screen in direct sunlight. Without adjusting the brightness, the screen was a little washed out but still readable compared to my old phone in the same conditions.

Input options:
I had found an old Note 2 S-Pen, that does not seem to work. Note sure if the old stylus might be broken.
Finger and alternate stylus input seem to work fine.

The Battery initial charge appears to be under %50 percent. I'm going to let it run down to the warning notification, then try charging it with the USB 3.0 cable to see how well that works.

There is already an update to the "Samsung Keyboard Note 3" in the Play store, in case the Handwriting option is not coming up for you right away.

I'll report more as I get to play. I just wanted to confirm the 0-down policy is working.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ditto, I did the same exact thing. I've just paid my s4 rip out of pocket over the last few months, so I had 0 on my eip. I walked in, paid the activation/upgrade fee and left with a note 3 in jet black. My bill will now come to about 109 per month, if I don't just pay extra every month like I have been in the past.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ditto, I did the same exact thing. I've just paid my s4 rip out of pocket over the last few months, so I had 0 on my eip. I walked in, paid the activation/upgrade fee and left with a note 3 in jet black. My bill will now come to about 109 per month, if I don't just pay extra every month like I have been in the past.

I paid for my HTC One full price on day one so no EIP for me. I am thinking of doing it for the note and just paying extra like you and being done with it in 2-3 months.

Edit -

Do you guys think this phone will be hard / weird for phone calls?

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

ashley2180

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
In T-Mobile store right now, porting number from Verizon. This is a ridiculous deal!!! No money down, and dude threw in free screen protectors (prob won't use them but whatev). Sooooo exciting!!!!

5fingerdiscount

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Switched from Sprint to Tmobile about 2 hours ago. I only had to pay the taxe and I'm so in love with the 4g already and definitely in love with my new phone.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The phone isn't hard at all to use! I've been having a great day with it! So much so that while my boss let me go to tmobile at 10, by 1 I asked to leave and he said sure. Nothing like 6 hours to play!

ashley2180

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I paid for my HTC One full price on day one so no EIP for me. I am thinking of doing it for the note and just paying extra like you and being done with it in 2-3 months.

Edit -

Do you guys think this phone will be hard / weird for phone calls?

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

I've made several calls already and it feels really natural. The sound quality is exceptional, much better than my iPhone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol