Galaxy Note 3 - Note 2 to Note 3 Transfer

mayfieldh

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm about to pick up my note 3 on Friday and wanted to know the best way to get everything transferred from one phone to the other (apps & data). Is this possible and if so, what is the easiest way. I only had my note 2 for 6 months now coming from IOS and not too familiar with all of the Android tricks yet.

Thanks

Mayfield

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

paga912

May 16, 2010
Visit site
All of your apps an contacts will be attached to your gmail account when you log in so you can just go to the play store and re-install them. So far as the data goes, I think you can use kies and sync it with your laptop and when you get the note 3. I backed up everything on my note2 and saved it to my desktop an when I download all the apps on the note3 I will just drag whatever data for the apps I want. I dont know how well that will work but we'll see lol I have all of my pics an videos saved an thats all I care about so if it doesnt work it wont matter.

taxiron1

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Helium is very good. I used it to go from Moto Razr Maxx to Note 2. Also, there is an SMS transfer app in Play Store

BEWARE: The Google update will restore apps, but not User IDs and passwords. If you use any apps with Remember Me passwords or USER IDs, write them down first.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
To backup your text messages I would recommend SMS Backup and Restore: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&token=ra3bbQZo. It will let you save your text messages to a file and send it to Google Drive, Gmail, and other services. There is a bunch to choose from. When you get your new phone just load SMS Backup and Restore on it, and then select restore. Then Just follow any instructions after that and your text messages will be restored. Hope that helped!

mayfieldh

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all of the replies. I have purchased helium because I'm now able to restore from the cloud and after testing I was able to restore App Data from one device to another.

Now I'm ready for my Note 3 I'm picking up in the morning.

Thanks again.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Sandra Forbes

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I am getting a Note 3 today upgrading from the Note 2... I have download and backed-up sms via the aforementioned sms "Backup & Restore" (ritesh sahu). As for all the other stuff I know the play store has a lot of my stuff but I also backup all my .apk files just to be safe... I just make a folder for them on my computer and copy and paste them.. if when I get my note 3 today I can't access all my stuff via the play store or app brain, etc. I have it all safely in a file on my computer. The sms backup was a nice trick, thanks for that information!

Sandra Forbes

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Just a reminder, backup your .apk files for such things as the flash version that works on the device... and DO NOT allow for automatic updates on it as it will give you the newest version of flash which is not compatible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty