HELP: Note 3 Developer Options Bug - "Transition Animation Scale"

11Drogba

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Try this: unisntall whatsapp, and then install whatsapp plus or whatsapp+.

I don't know what relation whatsapp plus has with transition scale when opening camera, but it worked.

Folks please report back if it works for you.

Mark Verhagen

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Finnaly i have found a solution guys to fix this annoying problem. 1st you need to download "App Ops Starter" apk from the play store. After opening it go to the camera app and disable the permission that wants to modify settings. Leave the app and no more annoying animation scale bug.

Mark Verhagen

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
KitKat fixed the bug. No need to screw up your camera.

Kitkat did not fix it for me. It's the opposite with kitkat, it disables the animation on itself and i'm one of the few persons that actually likes animations. So for me the camera kept breaking the animation and i needed to turn it on every time in the dev. options.

And by turning off the permission for the camera nothing breaks, everything keeps on working perfect like it used to.

Posted via Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Kitkat did not fix it for me. It's the opposite with kitkat, it disables the animation on itself and i'm one of the few persons that actually likes animations. So for me the camera kept breaking the animation and i needed to turn it on every time in the dev. options.

And by turning off the permission for the camera nothing breaks, everything keeps on working perfect like it used to.

What model phone do you have? That absolutely does not happen on mine - N900T.

Mark Verhagen

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Is that before or after the recent NF4 build update?

I'm still on the END3 version. I'm rooted so i cannot take the OTA updates. And since i'm on holliday i don't have access to a PC so i have to wait to update. So yeah if the new update fixes the problem than my "fix" is not needed anymore.

kaaatt

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Good day people!

I recently got the Note 3 and realized this annoying bug. I used the Note 2 previously and turned off 3 Developer Options to make the device run faster:

"Window Animation Scale", "Transition Animation Scale" and "Animator Duration Scale".

I did the same and turned the 3 options off on my Note 3.

However, whenever after using the Camera, the "Transition Animation Scale" will turn on by itself to 1X but the other 2 options remain off.

One more thing I observed was that the self-facing camera will always revert to "beauty face" even after I selected the "Auto" shooting mode. The main camera has no issues.

This "Transition Animation Scale" bug is really annoying and I wish to seek HELP. My devices have never been rooted and I just wonder why the developer options on the Note 3 can't work like it did on the Note 2. Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37