Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default HELP: Note 3 Developer Options Bug - "Transition Animation Scale"

Good day people!

I recently got the Note 3 and realized this annoying bug. I used the Note 2 previously and turned off 3 Developer Options to make the device run faster:

"Window Animation Scale", "Transition Animation Scale" and "Animator Duration Scale".

I did the same and turned the 3 options off on my Note 3.

However, whenever after using the Camera, the "Transition Animation Scale" will turn on by itself to 1X but the other 2 options remain off.

One more thing I observed was that the self-facing camera will always revert to "beauty face" even after I selected the "Auto" shooting mode. The main camera has no issues.

This "Transition Animation Scale" bug is really annoying and I wish to seek HELP. My devices have never been rooted and I just wonder why the developer options on the Note 3 can't work like it did on the Note 2. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: HELP: Note 3 Developer Options Bug - "Transition Animation Scale"

Same here. It doesn't save that one setting. Keeps reverting to 1x.

Same here having that problem

Ditto here.
    Note 3 on AT&T

I heard there is a new firmware for the Note 3. Are you guys up-to-date? Or are you experiencing this on the old/stock firmware?

Red face Re: HELP: Note 3 Developer Options Bug - "Transition Animation Scale"

I have the same problem too ! this is quite annoying to switch to Animation scale off everytime, hope someone has the solution of this, thanks.

Same here. Very annoying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

Can't seem to find this setting on my AT&T Note 3.

edit... never mind, Google was my friend

Quote Originally Posted by sirbljm View Post
    Good day people!

I recently got the Note 3 and realized this annoying bug. I used the Note 2 previously and turned off 3 Developer Options to make the device run faster:

"Window Animation Scale", "Transition Animation Scale" and "Animator Duration Scale".

However, whenever after using the Camera, the "Transition Animation Scale" will turn on by itself to 1X but the other 2 options remain off.

One more thing I observed was that the self-facing camera will always revert to "beauty face" even after I selected the "Auto" shooting mode. The main camera has no issues.

This "Transition Animation Scale" bug is really annoying and I wish to seek HELP. My devices have never been rooted and I just wonder why the developer options on the Note 3 can't work like it did on the Note 2. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, even after today's update it is still doing it

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

Is this available in the VZW version? Can't find "developer options" anymore.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

It's doing the same thing in the Verizon version. To enable developer options, click on the build number several times and it will enable it.
    Thanked by:

This is the small price to pay to be the beta testers lol. No worries,, it will be fixed.

love my evo.

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

Same thing happening on the Verizon model. Annoying I thought it was something I was doing.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

It only happens when the camera app is opened. It resets the developer options for some reason.

Can anyone tell me what force 2d hardware rendering is in developer mode? Will that make apps run better?

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sirbljm View Post
    Good day people!

I have the Verizon Note3 and I have the same problem

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Does disabling the animations make the phone noticeably faster?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    Does disabling the animations make the phone noticeably faster?
    Disabling the animations made it noticeably faster. The day I did it I was blown away.

love my evo.

Hopefully they fix this soon

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Disabling the animations made it noticeably faster. The day I did it I was blown away.

What about battery life

What about battery life
    I have great battery life. If anything it improves battery. No animation when opening a app,, it just opens split second.

love my evo.

I have great battery life. If anything it improves battery. No animation when opening a app,, it just opens split second.

I'm asking if leaving animations on would noticeably impact battery. I would think the impact would be nominal.

I'm asking if leaving animations on would noticeably impact battery. I would think the impact would be nominal.
    I answered your question,, dont know hot else to say it... I'll try again,, in my opinion,, if anything,, it improves battery life,, no animations,, opens apps faster. EDIT,,, very very sorry,,,,,dam glasses,,, lol,, I don't think it's a significant difference if left on,, lol sorry

love my evo.

I answered your question,, dont know hot else to say it... I'll try again,, in my opinion,, if anything,, it improves battery life,, no animations,, opens apps faster. EDIT,,, very very sorry,,,,,dam glasses,,, lol,, I don't think it's a significant difference if left on,, lol sorry

No worries. Thanks for the input.

The same problem with my galaxy s4 after 4.3 update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast