Note 3 signal reception?

Kettle

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a fix but then again I don't need one. My reception on my Note 3 is just as good as my iPhone 5 (I think even a little better) and is much better than my old Galaxy Nexus. I know that doesn't help you out at all and I hope you find a fix.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

stevekgold

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Totally enjoy n3 but for one annoying issue. I am experiencing a zone 1/4 mile wide that shows full bars on 4g but I have 0 phone capability while data is fine. Nobody else with Verizon has the same issue. And my wife's n3 has the same problem, so it's not my phone's singular defect. My signal strength is 86 which is fine, my third party app conforms this too. Tried everything, shutting off and on airplane mode and mobile data, sigmal improvement apps, verizon techs went out to the site and checked the signal and they are stumped (they've tried everything from there end including reactivating my network.) Any ideas?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Totally enjoy n3 but for one annoying issue. I am experiencing a zone 1/4 mile wide that shows full bars on 4g but I have 0 phone capability while data is fine. Nobody else with Verizon has the same issue. And my wife's n3 has the same problem, so it's not my phone's singular defect. My signal strength is 86 which is fine, my third party app conforms this too. Tried everything, shutting off and on airplane mode and mobile data, sigmal improvement apps, verizon techs went out to the site and checked the signal and they are stumped (they've tried everything from there end including reactivating my network.) Any ideas?

You mean you have 4GLTE but not voice? If so, what is your voice signal strength? 4GLTE signal strength is not the same as voice signal strength. Use an app like advanced signal status to see what your cdma signal strength is

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

stevekgold

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
My voice signal strength is always less than -100dBm. That's what I meant to demonstrate in my posting but I left out the minus sign in -86. When we try to make a call it fails to connect - no ring. When a call is placed to us it goes directly to voice mail as if the phones were off. But data and text is fine. This is the only place it occurs, we've had the phones since Thanksgiving and I've been to Florida with it and up State ny. Btw Thanks for taking an interest

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My voice signal strength is always less than -100dBm. That's what I meant to demonstrate in my posting but I left out the minus sign in -86. When we try to make a call it fails to connect - no ring. When a call is placed to us it goes directly to voice mail as if the phones were off. But data and text is fine. This is the only place it occurs, we've had the phones since Thanksgiving and I've been to Florida with it and up State ny. Btw Thanks for taking an interest

Probably some issue with the specific tower. Contact Verizon cs.

stevekgold

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
the Verizon tech went out there - I gave them the address, and the guy called me to say he didn't find anything wrong with the tower. I agree with you that the tower is part of it, but why is it a problem for only n3? Wouldn't that make it more of a problem with the n3?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
the Verizon tech went out there - I gave them the address, and the guy called me to say he didn't find anything wrong with the tower. I agree with you that the tower is part of it, but why is it a problem for only n3? Wouldn't that make it more of a problem with the n3?

It could be some interaction problem with the note 3. Are other devices okay in this area? Verizon may be willing to switch you to another phone, if your n3 keeps having issues with connectivity another device is okay.

stevekgold

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I checked with outer verizon customers but they had no problems. Verizon will replace our phones for new N3s which I will do after a few months wait with the expectation that Samsung may fix some hardware issues that may make a difference. But bottom line is I'll live with the inconvieneces because I can't go back to a smaller screen or without a functional stylus. I really enjoy this phone. And truth be told verizon was great with me through all the tech calls and has always given me excellent customer service. Maybe I'll move .... ha! Again dpham, thanks for trying to figure this out.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Note 3, sprint, No signal problems at all, Sprint coverage at my house is not great, -98 dbm right now on note, -97 dbm on BB9850, 0 dropped calls, 0 missed calls, I haven't had any more signal issues with the note 3 than any other phone i've had in the last 5 years, very satisfied.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam