• 1 Post By ashley2180
  • 1 Post By dragonsamus
  • 1 Post By hypokondriak
  • 1 Post By athenatp
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

Default Went into a T-Mobile store today.....LOL

So quick funny story, went into a T-Mobile store today to check out the Note 3 and Galaxy Gear. For one they didn't have the Galaxy Gear in stock. When I asked to see the Note 3, they took me over to its display....... it as a Note 2 in the display setup for the note 3. They then went on to tell me that I was looking at the note 3, when in fact.... I'm not an ***** and know the difference. Just find it funny how slow the store is.

Default Re: Went into a T-Mobile store today.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sooks View Post
    So quick funny story, went into a T-Mobile store today to check out the Note 3 and Galaxy Gear. For one they didn't have the Galaxy Gear in stock. When I asked to see the Note 3, they took me over to its display....... it as a Note 2 in the display setup for the note 3. They then went on to tell me that I was looking at the note 3, when in fact.... I'm not an ***** and know the difference. Just find it funny how slow the store is.
    I was in the store today too.
    This man walked in very eager with excitement on his face to get the white Note 3. the rep told him they just got them in and have not put up a display yet. But currently were not offering the white one. Only black. He was crushed.
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->

There were two Note 3's sold in the few minutes I was in playing with a demo model at my T-Mobile store. But no Note 3's on display and the Note 2s were labeled as out of stock.

My store didn't have any on display and only had two black in stock. Luckily, I wanted a black one and made the first purchase for the day. Would have been a bigger purchase except they don't have any of the accessories in stock

Same here. I think my purchase was the first time the rep who sold it to me had actually seen the Note 3 up close. But fortunately he had owned a Note 2, so was familiar with the setup. Keep in mind a lot of people are not as Obsessed with this phone (and the latest in the smart phone industry) as we are. And many of the carriers are still ramping up for sales.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Quinn View Post
    Same here. I think my purchase was the first time the rep who sold it to me had actually seen the Note 3 up close. But fortunately he had owned a Note 2, so was familiar with the setup. Keep in mind a lot of people are not as Obsessed with this phone (and the latest in the smart phone industry) as we are. And many of the carriers are still ramping up for sales.
    True but to walk into a T-Mobile store where Cell Phones are their job and to not know the difference between a 2 and 3 seem to say the least.... odd..
    buzzy3970 likes this.

Flip over back.... Look.... Yep! That's a 3! Lol simple as that.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Makes me glad I preordered and had it in my hand this morning. I would blame the manager of the store and their boss for not training and informing the staff properly.

Posted via Android Central App

I saw the black one and she a beauty but I still need to see the white one and touch it back before I can make a decision.

I picked mine up today in my local store and I heard one of the reps telling a customer that the new micro USB 3 port on the unit meant that it was HDMI ready. When I heard that same rep say that the back on the black unit was genuine leather, I put in my ear-buds until it was my turn.
    T-mo Galaxy Note 3
    Wicked Custom Rom
    SaberN3Kernel
    titaniumSS and AgentScribe like this.

When I asked for a white GN3, the rep had to double check to see if they had any left, he said something about having to get some more from a different location. As I got mine activated, the guy next to me was purchasing a black one. This was around 3pm in a T-MOBILE in Frisco, TX. There was a display phone and the reps all seemed knowledgeable about it. Great experience overall!
    AgentScribe likes this.

They had the note 3 In display but was in a note 2 display stand. *Facepalm... They only had white in stock..

The T-mobile version has "T-mobile" across the back.

No one knew the tweezers were for changing out the S-pen tips (including myself at the time)

You're not in the Harrisburg, PA area by any chance? That's exactly the attitude at my local AT&T store!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

Nope Washington state!

Thanked by:

This is why I don't want to buy from anywhere but corporate store. All these authorize retailer staffs are so stupid it boggle my mind. Worst is when they lie to you which really **** me off.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

Even sadder this was a Corp store...

Even sadder this was a Corp store...

I'm not completely shock but wow that is sad.

Only thing I hate about corporate store is that there are always so many people.

Just picked mine up and got it all set up. Man, love this phone. As soon as I got in line ten people showed up. There were only two workers. Everyone was there for the Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    AgentScribe likes this.

Short of Samsung providing demo's or T-Mobile providing training I really don't expect them to know much about the phones. My local store didn't get stock until yesterday, and the two employees working today were not even in yesterday.

T-Mobile employees are normal people too. I don't like doing anything that is remotely close to my day job in my free time, and I certainly don't expect them to do it either. I'd rather they go get drunk, watch TV, spend time with family, or anything else to enrich their lives at the risk of getting made fun of on internet forums because they don't know a device they have yet to touch or be formally or informally trained on.
    Last edited by hypokondriak; 10-02-2013 at 10:55 PM.
    Cary Quinn likes this.

I got mine at 6 pm, but my hubby kept telling me all day to put it on reserve...finally I had to tell him that Android people are different from iphone people....we don't push and shove for our phones and there's plenty to go around all year long...In fact that's what the store manager told me 'cause believe it or not when I asked, I was the first to have brought the note 3 today at that store. Manager said that iphone people come in and buy as soon as it comes out, then it dies out...but androids are steady sales all year long...specially the samsung's galaxy and note lines. Both black and white were stocked at my store....but sales guy didn't know that it was 32 gb, I asked and he said 16...doesn't bother me that he didn't know as long as I know and when I checked it said 32 gb....
    AgentScribe likes this.

white or black?

Quote Originally Posted by hypokondriak View Post
    Short of Samsung providing demo's or T-Mobile providing training I really don't expect them to know much about the phones. My local store didn't get stock until yesterday, and the two employees working today were not even in yesterday.

T-Mobile employees are normal people too. I don't like doing anything that is remotely close to my day job in my free time, and I certainly don't expect them to do it either. I'd rather they go get drunk, watch TV, spend time with family, or anything else to enrich their lives at the risk of getting made fun of on internet forums because they don't know a device they have yet to touch or be formally or informally trained on.
    Here, here!

BB 8330, 9700, 9800; Atrix 4G & HD; Galaxy Note III
    http://www.LegacyBicycle.com

I went in just to ask about the Galaxy Gear. They never heard of it. Salesperson was kind enough to get a manager.... who told me...... "You have to order those from Samsung direct". I'm not even that upset, because... he actually, truly believed that to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by AldousSnow View Post
    I went in just to ask about the Galaxy Gear. They never heard of it. Salesperson was kind enough to get a manager.... who told me...... "You have to order those from Samsung direct". I'm not even that upset, because... he actually, truly believed that to be true.
    Those staff people are so stupid and uneducated while I have a degree from a UC yet I can't have that job cause i'm "over qualify". What kind of world do we live in where the dumb get the job and the smart don't? All those people should be fire.