Note 3 vs LG G2 any one use both?

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used both? If so which one performs better? Any reason for picking one over the other when using both?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used both? If so which one performs better? Any reason for picking one over the other when using both?

i played with both and i would get the Note 3 assuming the size is not too big for you. i prefer the larger Note 3 display which also looked crisper and brighter than the LG - the Note 3 was so thin and light too. also - even though i hate all skins and bloatware - Touchwiz is less-evil than LG's skin IMO. lastly, you get the S-Pen with the Note 3 which could come in handy. BUT - the Nexus 5 should be here soon - you might want to wait and see what it offers and to which carriers. Nexus 5 is my choice.

whatever you pick - enjoy!

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the G2 now and plan on getting the Note 3. Having sold my note 2 already this is my loaner phone. I love it. The size and one hand use is awesome and I dont care what anyone says, the screen on the G2, is far superior to the note 3. I still plan on getting the note 3, ONLY if Root can be achieved on the Verizon version, otherwise I'm sticking to the G2.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the G2 now and plan on getting the Note 3. Having sold my note 2 already this is my loaner phone. I love it. The size and one hand use is awesome and I dont care what anyone says, the screen on the G2, is far superior to the note 3. I still plan on getting the note 3, ONLY if Root can be achieved on the Verizon version, otherwise I'm sticking to the G2.

Why do you say the screen is better on the G2? I have used them both side by side and couldn't come to that conclusion I find them to be damn near on par with each other, and once the Note 3 is in Movie Mode i find it to be better.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Why do you say the screen is better on the G2? I have used them both side by side and couldn't come to that conclusion I find them to be damn near on par with each other, and once the Note 3 is in Movie Mode i find it to be better.

Sooks I just feel its sharper and clearer. I also took the note outside and had more trouble seeing it than on the G2 which is almost perfect in direct sunlight.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I do agree it is sharper which makes sense as it is full RGB and has more PPI. But color wise the note 3 kills it. Also for outdoor viewing the Note 3 has been getting crazy good reviews for outdoor viewing.

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Sooks I just feel its sharper and clearer. I also took the note outside and had more trouble seeing it than on the G2 which is almost perfect in direct sunlight.

Agreed, It is much sharper and clearer...big difference between pentile and lcd in terms of sharpness....

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
You sound like me. I have the LG G2 right now to. The note 3 will be a clear winner in my opinion as far as features and development, but the screen on this thing. The screen was love at first sight and I will truly miss it. My time watching it has been nothing but pleasant :)

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
You sound like me. I have the LG G2 right now to. The note 3 will be a clear winner in my opinion as far as features and development, but the screen on this thing. The screen was love at first sight and I will truly miss it. My time watching it has been nothing but pleasant :)

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

This. I'm going to he sad to give up this screen.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

benleclair

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat.... I took a bunch of pictures with my Note 3 and I think the camera on the LG G2 is a lot better also.

The G2 was supposed to be a temp thing until the Note 3 shipped, never thought I'd like a LG phone as much as I like this guy.

Weaser999

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat.... I took a bunch of pictures with my Note 3 and I think the camera on the LG G2 is a lot better also.

The G2 was supposed to be a temp thing until the Note 3 shipped, never thought I'd like a LG phone as much as I like this guy.

How does video look in comparison?

benleclair

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
There the Note 3 kills the G2 in my opinion... The G2 even has problems focusing sometimes during video.

I rarely take video though, so the camera shots are more important to me.

EDIT: I have to add a disclaimer; I am a point and shoot picture taker and usually use auto.

EDIT 2: Another thing I really like about the G2... FIVE icons on the dang home screen. I know it's minor, and can be fixed with a different launcher or rooting, but 4x4 icons on the Note 3 by default on a screen of that resolution looks silly to me.

andy roddy

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I looked at the G2 in the TMo store. IMO the screen appeared to be extremely washed out compared to the Note 3. I guess I've been staring at Samsung's over-saturated screens for too long (S3, Note 2, Note 8, Note 10.1). I prefer the Note 3's screen.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

I would agree the G2 screen is a bit better...LCD screens are just more responsive and crisp... And I've had mostly led screens as of late ... The G2 screen is better to me also...I'm currently on an HTC one and again..I'm enjoyingthe feel of LCD compared to led .... And this is a surprise because I've always loved Samsung amoled screens ...

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante