Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By XChrisX
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any idea on how many stores will get?

Hey guys,

Due to switching from Sprint to AT&T, I waited to pre-order so I could switch my whole family over to AT&T once the Note 3 came out. That being said, does any one have a clue as to how many devices stores are receiving?

I know it won't have the mad rush like iPhones do, but want to make sure I plan accordingly. I haven't heard anything about quantities per store and wanted to get everyone's thoughts if they think a first week sell-out is likely or unlikely.

Default Re: Any idea on how many stores will get?

Quote Originally Posted by sddabrow View Post
    Hey guys,

Due to switching from Sprint to AT&T, I waited to pre-order so I could switch my whole family over to AT&T once the Note 3 came out. That being said, does any one have a clue as to how many devices stores are receiving?

I know it won't have the mad rush like iPhones do, but want to make sure I plan accordingly. I haven't heard anything about quantities per store and wanted to get everyone's thoughts if they think a first week sell-out is likely or unlikely.
    My local AT&T seemed totally disinterested in the Note 3 and when I asked if they had any for display and if they would be selling them on Friday I got an "ummm, errr, we don't have any right now, maybe we'll get a few next week." meaning after the 7th. I wouldn't swear she even knows what a Note 3 is. Good luck, probably most stores are a lot more on the ball than mine.

The AT&T store closest to me said they would have plenty. And as I saw another poster say here, the only phone that ever sells out on launch day is the iPhone. I wouldn't wait until the very end of the day to get your device, but mid day should be fine.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
    Thanked by:
    sddabrow likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by XChrisX View Post
    The AT&T store closest to me said they would have plenty. And as I saw another poster say here, the only phone that ever sells out on launch day is the iPhone. I wouldn't wait until the very end of the day to get your device, but mid day should be fine.
    Bah.. Won't be able to get down there by 6 or 7PM on Friday or even Saturday morning. Guess I will just keep my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by sddabrow View Post
    Bah.. Won't be able to get down there by 6 or 7PM on Friday or even Saturday morning. Guess I will just keep my fingers crossed.
    Well if you consider the regular Galaxy S phones are Samsungs most popular, and they almost never have lines day 1, or tend to sell out(That I'm aware of). I think you should be ok. If nothing else, maybe call them back, and ask to speak to a manager, and explain your situation. Someone there HAS to know. Good luck to you sir!
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by XChrisX View Post
    Well if you consider the regular Galaxy S phones are Samsungs most popular, and they almost never have lines day 1, or tend to sell out(That I'm aware of). I think you should be ok. If nothing else, maybe call them back, and ask to speak to a manager, and explain your situation. Someone there HAS to know. Good luck to you sir!
    Thanks man! Heres to hoping there aren't too many cell phone nerds out there like me! lol

Since AT&T has now cancelled 2 of my preorders, I will just show up around opening on friday to get it. I highly doubt they will sell out though.
    Patiently waiting for a Note 3, my first android device.