Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anybody here actually bought a white phone?

I'm curious seeing that so many people bought a black phone versus white due to the plastic back cover of the white phone. I wonder if this will make Samsung ship out rubbery white back cover later on?

Default Re: Anybody here actually bought a white phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nguyen2 View Post
    I'm curious seeing that so many people bought a black phone versus white due to the plastic back cover of the white phone. I wonder if this will make Samsung ship out rubbery white back cover later on?
    I pre-ordered white. I'm going to put a case on it, and even if the back gets grimy, battery covers are usually cheap.
    UsedName likes this.

Global Posts
    4,373 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

If you put a case on it, it won't matter.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn

I ordered the black version because it matches most of my outfits and creates a slimming illusion... much like my clothing.
    Thanked by 3:
    petaf, Preach2k, dlg_az and 7 others like this.

I have the white one, I like it. I was thinking of getting the black because of what people were saying about the soft-touch texture, but I never really minded plastic and I just think white looks nicer. When I saw the black in-store it just looked too stark/harsh for me. In any case I plan to get the S View Cover with wireless charging when it comes out, so I'll be replacing the back anyway.
    AgentScribe likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by altruisticbees View Post
    I have the white one, I like it. I was thinking of getting the black because of what people were saying about the soft-touch texture, but I never really minded plastic and I just think white looks nicer. When I saw the black in-store it just looked too stark/harsh for me. In any case I plan to get the S View Cover with wireless charging when it comes out, so I'll be replacing the back anyway.
    But the S-view cover doesn't protect the corner?

cover does look alot better to me on the black.

Quote Originally Posted by altruisticbees View Post
    Yeah I've ordered S view cover with wireless charging.

it's in stock in 2 days.

I bought the white one because it looks better in my opinion but I do like the feel of the black one. I rather be happy with look then "feel" and like others has mentioned you can always put a case on it (or change the cover).

BTW- I'm interested to see what the other back covers / flip covers will feel too.

But the S-view cover doesn't protect the corner?
    Yeah that's true, but I like the functionality and the fact that replacing the back adds very little bulk.

My pre-ordered white arrives today. I ordered two cases via amazon, of which one arrives today and the other in a couple weeks. Will look into the wireless S-View cover also.

Posted via Android Central App
    BB 8330, 9700, 9800; Atrix 4G & HD; Galaxy Note III
    http://www.LegacyBicycle.com

I got the white one.. Looks really classy

I ordered the white one, the texture really is insignificant to me. I'm curious if six months from now folks might find the texture really helps cling to dirt and the rubbery texture even more so. Don't believe appliance sales people that says texture hides fingerprints, it's just the opposite. I'm watching for a rotating case that will stand the Note in landscape or portrait like my Note 10.1.

I pre-ordered a White. Black phones are just hard to find in a pile of stuff in my opinion, especially with the screen off. That being said - usually I put a case on mine. So we'll see.
    diasmall likes this.

I got a white one. Honestly the back cover feels great I don't know why so many are making a big deal about it. It's doesn't feel "plasticky" at all.
    Thanked by:

I have had a white Note for almost a year and half - so I was ready for a change and went with the black especially after the comments that the black felt more like leather than the white did
    karsdroid likes this.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Ordered white.........opened box, didn't like it. Now got black. The black looks better to me but then folks are different. I think white is a good colour but not on a big device.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

If only they would offer the pink on release date like everywhere else in the world...

I don't think I will be able to get my phone until a store has both white and black demo on the floor. Actually if a store had a white one, that too would work but so far no store in my area has a white demo.
    fkpalm likes this.

Have you checked AT&T stores? All of the corporate AT&T stores in my area have the white Note 3 on display.

I wanted the pink version but was not willing to wait on it, so I went with the black version. I'm not big on colors (I only wanted pink because none of my other phones are pink), but I think that I do like the black version better than the white version. However, I would have gotten white if all of the black ones had been sold out.

I got a black one because I am also black

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by 21stNow View Post
    Have you checked AT&T stores? All of the corporate AT&T stores in my area have the white Note 3 on display.

I wanted the pink version but was not willing to wait on it, so I went with the black version. I'm not big on colors (I only wanted pink because none of my other phones are pink), but I think that I do like the black version better than the white version. However, I would have gotten white if all of the black ones had been sold out.
    What area do you live in? I went to one corporate AT&T store but they didn't even get shipment of the Note 3 in much less the case, hopefully today the third will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleer0y View Post
    I got a black one because I am also black

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    LOL - I am yellow, and yes I would absolutely want a yellow/gold phone!
    J HighNote likes this.

Setting up my white Note 3 now. It looks and feels like white plastic with some texture. Definitely not soft.
    BB 8330, 9700, 9800; Atrix 4G & HD; Galaxy Note III
    http://www.LegacyBicycle.com

Quote Originally Posted by thegame161 View Post
    Yeah I've ordered S view cover with wireless charging.

it's in stock in 2 days.
    where did you order from?

Nope. After having played with the White one in store and received my black one, I'm glad I went with black. The White back feels like cheap textured plastic compared to the black one.

Error
    AgentScribe likes this.

I just checked my local Best Buy for some case/covers and they told me they should have some tomorrow. The sales rep mentioned that they don't even have the phone yet but should be coming in tonight's truck with the Galaxy Gear. He was pretty siked to see my Note 3.
    AgentScribe likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast