"Potential" Design flaw on just about every Note 3 case I have seen

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Since some users have in fact purchased cases for their Note 3's they may or may not have noticed this but I found that the case manufacturers have made a HUGE error in their case designs, they do not have an opening for the speaker on the bottom. I have seen this on a number of cases and last night I checked on Amazon for Spigen's Neo-Hybrid and I can say the images did not show an opening for the speaker, today they do (which is very odd). I attached a few images of what I found showing the Neo-Hybrid both with and without a speaker cutout which makes me wonder if the reason every case is late is due to Spigen having to fix them or some other issue.

So make sure when you order your cases they have the cutout there.

I added one more image. This one shows the Spigen Neo-Hybrid frame and TPU insert separated. While it shows the speaker cutout the TPU insert doesn't have it show. So if you have a Spigen case did yours arrive with the speaker cutout or not?

Attachments

• Diztronic Flexible TPU Case.jpg
    Diztronic Flexible TPU Case.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Neo-Hybrid no speaker.jpg
    Neo-Hybrid no speaker.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 156
  • Neo-Hybrid speaker.jpg
    Neo-Hybrid speaker.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 51p6HpDRHbL._SL1000_.jpg
    51p6HpDRHbL._SL1000_.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Design flaw on just about every Note 3 case I have seen

No problem. I have an email into Spigen to alert them of the images above being an issue for them. They give the impression, right or wrong that their cases do in fact have a design flaw. They did confirm the Spigen Bounce case has the appropriate cutouts (but they don't have any images showing the bottom of that case). So I did ask them to confirm the Neo-Hybrid and Slim Armor are correct.

I have seen many other cases that in fact do not have the speaker cutout which is a big issue and one that shouldn't be missed. With phones arriving over the next week for many of us we need our protection to be right :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Good catch sir!

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm pretty sure it was on here that I said I'd return the case if it didn't have the cut out. But I'm thinking you're correct that they are shipping late to correct this issue. Although thinking about it last night I'd probably break out the dremmel tool and fix it myself to save shipping lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

abdnach

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I have the Spigen bounce and it does have the cut-out for the speaker. I also have a couple of $4 cases from eBay and the all have the cutout as well.

My guess is that we are ok, and this thread should be renamed "Design flaw on just about every Note 3 case rendering I have seen". :)

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site

I can let you know on Monday when it arrives, lol. I believe that's when all of the Spigen cases will be here (at least for those of us that did the $1 deal).

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I also received an email from Spigen late today to say theirs DO have the speaker cutout. I alerted them that the images on Amazon.com can and will cause confusion. I wasn't taking Spigen to task on this just their cases are the most popular so far. However renderings or not the image IS what we shop based on and I have skipped over many cases that show no speaker cutout and if a case maker is going to be sloppy with their graphics then they lost a sale due to it. There are many case still showing no speaker cut out so just make sure you get one that does returns are a pita.

*** FYI I did update the thread title to say "Potential" Design Flaw since some cases are arriving correct and others are advertised with no correct images. Not looking to scare users but to bring attention to money and time potentially wasted.

Still hoping Spigen will make the Slim Armor View for the GN3.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

what about the s pen covers? they look like they are bigger than the note 3. the corners on the back look rectangular instead of rounded off looking

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Correct, the S-View Covers by Samsung replace the battery door and offer no protection what so ever. Drop you phone and there is nothing there to protect it and its not contoured either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair