My first Android and...

LosingMyMind

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I love love love it!! OMG love the s-pen. Now considering getting the Note tablet!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Im curious being a first time android user what are the things you are surprised about on android vs "flaws" or things that "Aren't as good as iPhone"

Thanks!

LosingMyMind

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I really love the freedom of it, the ability to do what I want. I've noticed the os' of both android and iPhone are similar. The only "flaw" if that is the lag, definitely not as smooth and polished as iphone, but that doesn't bother me. I've had no problems with the note so far. Never using Android before, I'm not sure what flaws to look for. Although, the market can get frustrating with all the error messages.

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, i love the phone... Its a bit of a learning curve for me since i've been with the iPhone since launch. Can someone tell me how i can get notifications on my locked screen? i'm used to the notifications on the iPhone, its a functionality i do like. Thanks in advance!

LosingMyMind

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
That's annoying not having the badges for notifications, also I haven't figured out how to close open apps. This is driving me crazy. Lol

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
That's annoying not having the badges for notifications, also I haven't figured out how to close open apps. This is driving me crazy. Lol

Hold the home button and swipe the apps left or right

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

Hold the home button until the apps appear and then swipe to the right or left any individual ones or press the X at the bottom right to remove all

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk now Free

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Thank you both, OMG I feel dumb not being able to figure that out. Lol

Also since I use an iPhone as my work phone, and Considering most people I know have IPhones. I'm sure you would be pleased to know that in the stock keyboard there's emojis. Now fully compatible with iPhone. So you can still emoji your friends, if that's your thing 👍👍👍👍👍

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk now Free

LosingMyMind

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you can unless you download alerts in the market. I'm still working on that.

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh man... I didn't realize that this option wasn't on the Android... However, i'm really enjoying the phone so far.

I'm having kind of annoying integration issues. I have an Apple TV, Philips Hue, Macbook Pro, and iPad. I'm not having much luck getting text messages to work as they are all going to my iPad, mac, and even iPhone 5. I turned iMessage off on all of those, and i'm hoping that will solve the issues.

Without getting text messages properly, it defeats the purpose of a smartphone since most people use it for text. Crossing fingers that turning off iMessages on everything works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995