Help with email set up on new Note puhleeze!

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've spent hours on this, I can't get the default android email, the little envelope with the red @ sign, to be my gmail account. I can get the gmail app set up fine. Can't get the default email set up AT ALL. I've done three factory resets so far trying different things and nothing has worked. Spent time with AT&T, but they don't have the Note 3 help, tried going off of Note 2 but I don't get an option anywhere that says to use the gmail address as my default. I just spent a half hour with Samsung support and had to keep repeating the issue while person kept telling me to set up gmail app and it would be the default except it isn't. Anyone out there have a solution??????? Right now I have no accounts set up, ready to start fresh.

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
1. Open the Mail App
2. Hit Menu
3. Select the account you want to be default
4. There should be a checkbook to make that the default email account.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question

Sent from my SG Note Deux using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380847310084.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380847310084.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 44
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380847332819.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380847332819.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 43
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380847365716.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380847365716.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 44

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I've spent hours on this, I can't get the default android email, the little envelope with the red @ sign, to be my gmail account. I can get the gmail app set up fine. Can't get the default email set up AT ALL. I've done three factory resets so far trying different things and nothing has worked. Spent time with AT&T, but they don't have the Note 3 help, tried going off of Note 2 but I don't get an option anywhere that says to use the gmail address as my default. I just spent a half hour with Samsung support and had to keep repeating the issue while person kept telling me to set up gmail app and it would be the default except it isn't. Anyone out there have a solution??????? Right now I have no accounts set up, ready to start fresh.

I have never used the default android email app, I have always used the Gmail app (works better with gmail). Then just remove the default app off your home screen, add the Gmail app, and never look back.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. :-* I didn't realize I could just disable the email one and then my gmail would be the default. Mamba, thanks for the screens it makes it easy to follow. Really appreciate the help. Now I can just get on with the exploration of all the fun things!

caldrich

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
My problem is that I use the generic email app (imap) to access a work email account, and a personal gmail account for everything else. But the work account is set as the default mail app for the phone and I can't see how to change it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21