Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By NJRonbo
  • 1 Post By sddabrow
  • 1 Post By BlueOrbit
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to disable S-VOICE and get GOOGLE NOW with double click of home button?

Is there a easier/better way to do this now than originally explained in this post?

Replace S-Voice with Google Now (Home button double tap)

Default Re: How to disable S-VOICE and get GOOGLE NOW with double click of home button?

There is also a new issue, is it possible to change the screen off voice activation "Hi Galaxy" to launch Google Now instead?

Default Re: How to disable S-VOICE and get GOOGLE NOW with double click of home button?

Quote Originally Posted by wild9 View Post
    There is also a new issue, is it possible to change the screen off voice activation "Hi Galaxy" to launch Google Now instead?
    I have been saying "Hi Galaxy, open voice search" . This brings you right to Google now without pushing a button.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    mrbrodp likes this.

thanks, this has been bothing me for awhile now

yes go into developer options and change what the home button functions as :-)

I am using a Nova Launcher and I configured a single press on the Home button (when on main screen) to bring up Google Now. Works great.
    mlsanders likes this.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOrbit View Post
    I am using a Nova Launcher and I configured a single press on the Home button (when on main screen) to bring up Google Now. Works great.
    Exactly what I did as well. Just wish I had a way to make it go there from any screen instead of just the main screen, but that's a minor quibble.

Quote Originally Posted by mlsanders View Post
    Exactly what I did as well. Just wish I had a way to make it go there from any screen instead of just the main screen, but that's a minor quibble.
    You could configure a "double tap" on any screen with Nova Launcher and have Google Now come up. I did this for a while, but decided that I like a single press on the Home button better.

I froze S voice (rooted). Hate that thing :P.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.