How's your wifi connection on Note 3?

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: How's your wifi connection on note3?

Here.....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380995262138.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380995262138.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 270

paga912

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I had an issue with the wifi on my Note2 with it losing bars every once in a while. But yesterday I sat both the note2 and note3 side by side while on wifi and the note3 had full bars and the note2 had 2 bars. Im loving the note3 so far!

kyrana

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

I can connect to wifi just fine at home, but not at work. I've reset the suggested things on my phone, and reset the router at work as well. My understanding at work is that we have our wifi over the sat phone connection so that might have something to do with the trouble. Unfortunately I don't have time at work to call someone for troubleshooting, so I'll just wait til I'm on a slow shift with one of the tech guys and hand my phone over to them I guess.

Posted via Android Central App

D_Greenyer

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

I have exactly the same problems as you, have factory reset my phone and toggled all the advanced settings - no help

keeps dropping wifi, poor signal, will eventually advice that internet connection is unstable despite every other device having no issues

wl75234

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

I have problems maintaining a wifi connection as well. I have the note 3 on att. This has happened at work and at home. I have unchecked autoconnect but that did not help. Signal strength is strong at both locations. Get wifi connection is unstable notification then it drops. Seems to happen every few mins. Both home and work use WPA2 security. Tested it at the apple store today on open security and it did not drop the 20 mins I was there.

jp555

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
There's definitely something funky going on with my WiFi connection. I have my Nexus 7 tablet connected on the same network and when I test loading of the same youtube video, the phone buffers noticeably slower.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
There's definitely something funky going on with my WiFi connection. I have my Nexus 7 tablet connected on the same network and when I test loading of the same youtube video, the phone buffers noticeably slower.

Agreed! As much as I love the Note 3 I may have to return mine as working wifi is an absolute requirement for me. I was watching last night and it would connect to my home network, it would initially say the signal was strong and the link was 65Mbps, then it would slowly drop out ending up at 1Mbps and Weak for the signal strength. I then switched over to the 5Ghz channel and had the exact same problem. I'm hoping it's a driver issue and will give it a few more days to see if we get an update. I paid full retail, so I'm not willing to take a wait and see approach on if it's fixed or not outside my return window.

00FLEMMING

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine too! Just got note 3 and im all excited but it keeps stating that internet connection is unstable. Never had this problem with anything else.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issues.. rogers note 3. not sure if I should exchange it tomorrow, seems like a software issue

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Someone on another site was talking about the radio signals being the lowest on the note 3 of any Samsung phone. So I'm getting a little worried this is the reason I got rid of my Gnex phone.

Posted via Android Central App

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
WiFi .... Is it just AT&T? How about Sprint & T-Mobile .... we'll here from Verizon on Thursday ;)

Cheers, Jon

missmawarlina

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
WiFi .... Is it just AT&T? How about Sprint & T-Mobile .... we'll here from Verizon on Thursday ;)

Cheers, Jon

I live outside US. I am hoping that software update will resolve this problem. No 14 days return/exchange policy over here.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4

jp555

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Does your connection drop when you are at home? Although i notice my wifi is noticeably slower than my tablet I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle for an exchange.

I'm on AT&T btw

missmawarlina

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Does your connection drop when you are at home? Although i notice my wifi is noticeably slower than my tablet I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle for an exchange.

I'm on AT&T btw

I dont have wifi at home yet since i just moved in to a new house. Got the phone on the first day and moved in to the new place the next day. Lol.

missmawarlina

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried to connect to Coffee Bean wifi as well and its very hard to get connected. It keep on saying that the connection is slow thus i get disconnected.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

Cheers, Jon

My Note 3 was on Sprint, The local store wouldn't let me swap it out so I returned it just before closing tonight. I really loved it and my Gear is now pretty crippled linked to my S4 but I don't want to throw away $750 hoping for a fix. I'll either wait and see if a update comes out addressing the issue, or possibly pickup a Tmobile variant and see how that goes.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you return it and get another. You are paying money for this great device. Thursday when I get mine if I have Wi-fi problems or a loose home button. It is going back and getting replaced!!!

missmawarlina

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you return it and get another. You are paying money for this great device. Thursday when I get mine if I have Wi-fi problems or a loose home button. It is going back and getting replaced!!!

Over here they wont replace it with a new device but they will send your device to a service center and it usually takes 3 weeks to repair (repair the wifi i guess looooool).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke