How's your wifi connection on Note 3?

metsnfins

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: How's your wifi connection on note3?

i have this issue with my home wifi too

there is no way to force it to stay with the network even if it thinks the connectivity is too low?

I also get "authentication error" on my home wifi. my laptop stays connected to the wifi with no issues

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have not had any problems with my GNOTE3 at home on my WiFi. The only time I did have problems is when we had 6 things at the same time on my WiFi. It kick me off my WiFi. I have not had any other problems.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

brittle04

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: How's your wifi connection on note3?

I have the note 3 (verizon) and it says its connected to my wifi but still shows 4G in the status bar and takes my data. My boyfriend who lives here has same phone and his works just fine and stays connected to wifi only and his 4G goes away when connected. So everytime I want to connect to my wifi only I have to go to settings and turn off mobile network. Its a pain. I turned off the auto switch as I read above just in case but that didnt help even though I seen their problem with their note was the not staying connected. Mine stays connected it just uses both. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Can you all tell me if bluetooth was turned on when you are having poor wifi. I identified to that my wifi tanks on the 2.4ghz band when bluetooth is on. The 5ghz bans seems uneffected.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

note3owner

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same kind of issues earlier, the wifi connectivity was dropping all the time on my Note 3.
I downloaded a wifi analyzer and it clearly showed that my internet had the best connection and least traffic.
I solved this issue by downloading the latest update and turning wifi power saving mode off.

to turn power saving mode off,
dial *#0011#
go to wifi
and then turn it off

deejayburnout

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same kind of issues earlier, the wifi connectivity was dropping all the time on my Note 3.

dial *#0011#
go to wifi
and then turn it off

I just tried this and my device is now well faster on Wifi. I though I had done this before but looks like I haven't.

Thanks for the advice. Worked a treat

Typed out on my Note 3 Phablet

deejayburnout

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
tebagyqe.jpg

That's what i am talking about.

Typed out on my Note 3 Phablet

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded a wifi analyzer and it clearly showed that my internet had the best connection and least traffic.
I solved this issue by downloading the latest update and turning wifi power saving mode off.

dial *#0011#
go to wifi
and then turn it off

That worked like a charm for me, my speeds are also up again compared to with the saving on. I was already starting to get worried I bought a device with hardware failure..

elledee0012004

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have experienced it a lot but I guess I don't pay much attention but I will now.I just ran a speed test and got 3.9MBPS on a wifi desktop yet the wifi on Note 3 says it Can't load search results when trying google search. It will load other things like face book comments and even photos.

note3owner

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have experienced it a lot but I guess I don't pay much attention but I will now.I just ran a speed test and got 3.9MBPS on a wifi desktop yet the wifi on Note 3 says it Can't load search results when trying google search. It will load other things like face book comments and even photos.

By this do you mean you can't access the search history of does it refuse to search at all?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

765komo

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Had issue with wifi, it showed i was connected to my home wifi, but couldn't connect to Internet. After talking to ATT and transferred to their connect fix technical support where I was offered $15 month tech support for 1 yr for them to "permantly" fix issue. I declined ($15 mo for 1yr= $180 service plan)
I found solution, for free. Just RESTART my Galaxy Note3 fixed issue.
Note: don't "Power Off" select: "RESTART" Simple fix

Posted via Android Central App