How's your wifi connection on Note 3?

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you return it and get another. You are paying money for this great device. Thursday when I get mine if I have Wi-fi problems or a loose home button. It is going back and getting replaced!!!

Only one Sprint store where I live, they didn't want to sell it to me to begin with, and stated they wouldn't do an exchange right now as they only have 3 devices left and the manager wants them for new activations. They did offer to exchange it when they get a new shipment in but that could be 7-10 days. I need wifi now so had to swap back to my S4 anyway. I figured I may as well return it now and just wait and see. I loved everything else about the device and had only minor cosmetic complaints but wifi is a deal breaker for me.

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm beginning to think maybe I should wait on the note 3 to see how this WiFi thing works out I really want it but don't feel like having to wait weeks to hopefully get a fix if its not a hardware problem. I get real good WiFi with my Razor Maxx and the wife gets real good on her IPhone 5s.

Posted via Android Central App

computerfixitguy

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Swapped my TMO note for another today. At the store. No problem. At home it's doing it again. I moved data with helium fwiw.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My WiFi connectivity has been good and solid to my Verizon MiFi, AT&T hotspots, Verizon FIOS router, and both my Netgear routers.

from my Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I'll have to wait to get my Note... If wifi is having issues that means wifi calling will have issues (a feature for T-mobile) and I need that at my house.

Sigh :(. I want this phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Looks like I'll have to wait to get my Note... If wifi is having issues that means wifi calling will have issues (a feature for T-mobile) and I need that at my house.

Sigh :(. I want this phone.

I don't think the WiFi issues are universal. Many, like me, are having a great WiFi experience. You could always try it and return it if it doesn't meet your expectations. So the far the Note 3 has far exceeded mine and they may have been unrealistically high.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the WiFi issues are universal. Many, like me, are having a great WiFi experience. You could always try it and return it if it doesn't meet your expectations. So the far the Note 3 has far exceeded mine and they may have been unrealistically high.

I'll probably do this. I only use WiFi at the house so I can use the wifi calling for cell service.. Other than that everywhere I go around town I'm fine just using the cell towers and using Mobile data.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
My note 3 is very good at WIFI auto connects when I walk in to work or home, has had no problem at local hotspots seems the same as my old note 2 this is on AT&T and old was on Verizon, must be individual phone specific. On another note my phones have always logged on to work wifi where others with note 1 and other smartphones cannot so not sure whats up there but this one is fine

Jordan Smith6

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: How's your wifi connection on note3?

When I look at my battery statistics it shows that my wifi is always on even when I have it off all day. Is anyone else seeing this?

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I just turned off that "network auto switch" like a previous poster said and that seems to be helping. I haven't lost connection since.

This fix worked for me too. Mines use to disconnect from my wifi at home and at the gym a lot. But once I turned off "Network Auto Switch" my wifi connection has been great since....no disconnects!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I got mine today and since I've been home wifi has been working just fine. I just ensured that auto connect thing is off.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Can a software update solve the Wi-Fi problem? Or is it a hardware issue?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4
Software update would do the trick.......but I am starting to believe that either the antena or the radio in the note 3...are not that good.......in my house I have the wifi and also an extended wifi down the hallway... and I still sometimes loose the wifi and even thought is set up to do the smart switch, ...it would not do it unless I move to another spot.......

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I need to find the article from another site where a engineer talked about the radios in the note 3 being really bad compared to other manufacturers and a lot of people are going to be really disappointed. I had the galaxy Nexus and was always told they would fix it and nothing was ever done. I'm still going to give the note 3 a try but will decide in the first few days and will also depend on how much Verizon has blocked on the feature side. Then just wait to check out the HTC One Maxx.

renny083

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with wifi where it wouldn't stay connected. I used this method to fix the issue.
-Go into wifi then on the bottom left open up the advanced settings.
-Uncheck auto network switch. A prompt will come up then check don't ask again.
This should hopefully fix your wifi connection issue as it did for me.

Posted via SM-N900T

MisterMe11

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
That would be interesting to see. Also, is the story about no fix to Galaxy Nexus typical of what we can expect from Samsung? I'm very intersted in the Note3 but some of the reports of wi-fi/cellular radio issues are concerning

I need to find the article from another site where a engineer talked about the radios in the note 3 being really bad compared to other manufacturers and a lot of people are going to be really disappointed. I had the galaxy Nexus and was always told they would fix it and nothing was ever done. I'm still going to give the note 3 a try but will decide in the first few days and will also depend on how much Verizon has blocked on the feature side. Then just wait to check out the HTC One Maxx.

LosingMyMind

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

This fix worked for me too. Mines use to disconnect from my wifi at home and at the gym a lot. But once I turned off "Network Auto Switch" my wifi connection has been great since....no disconnects!

That only worked temporarily for me, wifi is back to acting a fool. Even though I unchecked it, it's still bouncing all over the place.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante