How's your wifi connection on Note 3?

missmawarlina

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
My husband and i were sitting opposite each other at Starbucks(outside sitting area). I noticed that my husband's S4 was able to connect to the Starbucks Wi-Fi while i was not able to connect to the Wi-Fi unless if i sit inside the shop.

Is there anything wrong with my note 3?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited by a moderator:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: How's your wifi connection on note3?

Whoa, this is the 2nd post in less than 10 minutes discussing the lack of WiFi-ness of the Note 3. Not good.

arcadelion

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site

I had issues with my wifi going on and off at home last night, but turning off "Auto network switch" seemed to fix my issues.

mjohnjanz

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

This really concerns me. The S-4 is not known for having good reception on wifi, and to have the Note 3 perform worse in the same location is starting to look like a deal breaker for me. Many posts now stating the reception on the Note 3 is not good. I want this phone so bad, but not with poor reception.

LosingMyMind

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Same. Wifi not the greatest. As for reception, my area is not the best, but when out and about, it's fine. I haven't had problems.

Posted via Android Central App

missmawarlina

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

Can a software update solve the Wi-Fi problem? Or is it a hardware issue?

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Mine was really slow to get connected and then a minute later it was excellent strength. I don't think I changed any settings. Once it found it, the strength was fine. It's been okay since too.

LosingMyMind

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I just turned off that "network auto switch" like a previous poster said and that seems to be helping. I haven't lost connection since.

wayne106

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

Mine is great. I have one location in my place that the iPhone 5 was not able to transfer data. This this has no issues. Strong here and at work.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

This really concerns me. The S-4 is not known for having good reception on wifi, and to have the Note 3 perform worse in the same location is starting to look like a deal breaker for me. Many posts now stating the reception on the Note 3 is not good. I want this phone so bad, but not with poor reception.

I've had great WiFi reception on AT&T S4, I'm hoping the Note 3 can be just as good for me.

Note 8.0 via Tapatalk IV

missmawarlina

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

I had issues with my wifi going on and off at home last night, but turning off "Auto network switch" seemed to fix my issues.

Is this the setting that you're talking about?

2aryguse.jpg

missmawarlina

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

Mine was really slow to get connected and then a minute later it was excellent strength. I don't think I changed any settings. Once it found it, the strength was fine. It's been okay since too.

Mine was slow to get connected too. But when it is connected to the wifi, the connection was cut again after few seconds..

Jack DAO

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

My note 3 is fine with Wi-Fi. You should turn off Mobile Network while using Wi-Fi to avoid any impact

tdeagan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on AT&T.

(Note: RESOLVED - switch is on the haptic local menu button to left of home button)

It's been having weird DNS issues, and declared my wifi was unstable (sitting 6 feet from a 2 year rock solid access point).
It informed me that I could toggle 'Auto Network Switch' but there is no place in settings as described in previous posts that offered this. When I clicked on the AT&T Smart Wifi, it took me to the Play store and told me it wasn't installed (I declined since I don't want to attach to every open AP I pass)

I find no advanced wifi settings. Settings breaks into tabs; Connections, Device, Controls, General
2013-10-05-09-51-54.jpg
Connections has Wi-Fi, but only lists access points.
2013-10-05-09-52-11.jpg
All help appreciated.

Last edited:

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Hit the menu button when looking at the available access points, you'll see advanced there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Initially, I had problems staying connected. But it's been stable now for the last 12 hours or so.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

This. ......

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380995191524.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380995191524.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 266

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX