Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 15 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How's your wifi connection on Note 3?

My husband and i were sitting opposite each other at Starbucks(outside sitting area). I noticed that my husband's S4 was able to connect to the Starbucks Wi-Fi while i was not able to connect to the Wi-Fi unless if i sit inside the shop.

Is there anything wrong with my note 3?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 10-06-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Global Posts
    6,457 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: How's your wifi connection on note3?

Whoa, this is the 2nd post in less than 10 minutes discussing the lack of WiFi-ness of the Note 3. Not good.
    Live long and prosper.

I had issues with my wifi going on and off at home last night, but turning off "Auto network switch" seemed to fix my issues.
    Thanked by:
    David Lakota and Bazzaaaah like this.

This really concerns me. The S-4 is not known for having good reception on wifi, and to have the Note 3 perform worse in the same location is starting to look like a deal breaker for me. Many posts now stating the reception on the Note 3 is not good. I want this phone so bad, but not with poor reception.

Same. Wifi not the greatest. As for reception, my area is not the best, but when out and about, it's fine. I haven't had problems.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Can a software update solve the Wi-Fi problem? Or is it a hardware issue?

Quote Originally Posted by missmawarlina View Post
    Can a software update solve the Wi-Fi problem? Or is it a hardware issue?

Could be hardware? I'm getting great connectivity at my work's wifi.

Mine was really slow to get connected and then a minute later it was excellent strength. I don't think I changed any settings. Once it found it, the strength was fine. It's been okay since too.

I just turned off that "network auto switch" like a previous poster said and that seems to be helping. I haven't lost connection since.

Thanked by:
    ajdag likes this.

Mine is great. I have one location in my place that the iPhone 5 was not able to transfer data. This this has no issues. Strong here and at work.

Global Posts
    6,457 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by mjohnjanz View Post
    This really concerns me. The S-4 is not known for having good reception on wifi, and to have the Note 3 perform worse in the same location is starting to look like a deal breaker for me. Many posts now stating the reception on the Note 3 is not good. I want this phone so bad, but not with poor reception.
    I've had great WiFi reception on AT&T S4, I'm hoping the Note 3 can be just as good for me.

Note 8.0 via Tapatalk IV
    Live long and prosper.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by arcadelion View Post
    I had issues with my wifi going on and off at home last night, but turning off "Auto network switch" seemed to fix my issues.
    Is this the setting that you're talking about?

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by J HighNote View Post
    Mine was really slow to get connected and then a minute later it was excellent strength. I don't think I changed any settings. Once it found it, the strength was fine. It's been okay since too.
    Mine was slow to get connected too. But when it is connected to the wifi, the connection was cut again after few seconds..

Wifi on both of my phones is working great.

G note 3

My note 3 is fine with Wi-Fi. You should turn off Mobile Network while using Wi-Fi to avoid any impact

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on AT&T.

(Note: RESOLVED - switch is on the haptic local menu button to left of home button)

It's been having weird DNS issues, and declared my wifi was unstable (sitting 6 feet from a 2 year rock solid access point).
    It informed me that I could toggle 'Auto Network Switch' but there is no place in settings as described in previous posts that offered this. When I clicked on the AT&T Smart Wifi, it took me to the Play store and told me it wasn't installed (I declined since I don't want to attach to every open AP I pass)

I find no advanced wifi settings. Settings breaks into tabs; Connections, Device, Controls, General
    How's your wifi connection on Note 3?-2013-10-05-09-51-54.jpg
    Connections has Wi-Fi, but only lists access points.
    How's your wifi connection on Note 3?-2013-10-05-09-52-11.jpg
    All help appreciated.
    Last edited by tdeagan; 10-05-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: add screenshots
    Thanked by:

Hit the menu button when looking at the available access points, you'll see advanced there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Initially, I had problems staying connected. But it's been stable now for the last 12 hours or so.

This. ......

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How's your wifi connection on Note 3?-uploadfromtaptalk1380995191524.jpg  
    Thanked by 3:
    mrbrodp likes this.

Here.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How's your wifi connection on Note 3?-uploadfromtaptalk1380995262138.jpg  
    Thanked by:

I had an issue with the wifi on my Note2 with it losing bars every once in a while. But yesterday I sat both the note2 and note3 side by side while on wifi and the note3 had full bars and the note2 had 2 bars. Im loving the note3 so far!

I can connect to wifi just fine at home, but not at work. I've reset the suggested things on my phone, and reset the router at work as well. My understanding at work is that we have our wifi over the sat phone connection so that might have something to do with the trouble. Unfortunately I don't have time at work to call someone for troubleshooting, so I'll just wait til I'm on a slow shift with one of the tech guys and hand my phone over to them I guess.

I have exactly the same problems as you, have factory reset my phone and toggled all the advanced settings - no help

keeps dropping wifi, poor signal, will eventually advice that internet connection is unstable despite every other device having no issues

I have problems maintaining a wifi connection as well. I have the note 3 on att. This has happened at work and at home. I have unchecked autoconnect but that did not help. Signal strength is strong at both locations. Get wifi connection is unstable notification then it drops. Seems to happen every few mins. Both home and work use WPA2 security. Tested it at the apple store today on open security and it did not drop the 20 mins I was there.
Page 1 of 15 1234 ... LastLast